Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat64 Fuse (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408)

Apothecary 05-11-2010 06:45 PM

my local shop is getting them tomorrow. cant wait to check em out!

discspeed 05-11-2010 08:45 PM

I've been throwing mine a lot, and I let my buddy play with the goldline for a round on a short course. Both fly good, they are just different. So far I'm still using the Opto, mainly as a turnover disc, or to throw touch upshots. I've tried it on other shots though and its been impressive.

adamb258 05-11-2010 08:50 PM

I finally got mine out today and it is a very interesting disc. The wind was 30+ mph so it didnt come out too often. What i noticed when i did throw it was its glide. I thought crap thats going going to fall short, but nope it just kept on gliding right to where I would normally throw my core. I got it turned over once right as a decent gust of wind hit and it went right for days, lol. It feels like a perfect pairing with my GL and opto core. Midrange satisfaction, check!

EL-KABONG 05-12-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apothecary (Post 347395)
my local shop is getting them tomorrow. cant wait to check em out!

would that be dtworld? That means they finally got outta customs @ LAX?!

McGuire419 05-12-2010 01:35 PM

I would love to throw one of these. I have a GL and Opto Vision, and the Opto feels much more domey.... holds its line better for me as well.. The GL fights back whereas the opto never comes back for me... seem like different discs for me anyways.

Strauss 05-13-2010 12:03 AM

Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.

discspeed 05-13-2010 12:06 AM

Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

discspeed 05-13-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strauss (Post 348984)
Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.

Thats just some flashing from where the two outer pieces of the mold come together. I've noticed it on several Lat discs.

BrotherDave 05-13-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 348991)
Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

Oh. Snap.

Which one is more Z Comet like in flight? Opto or GL?

discspeed 05-13-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 348999)
Oh. Snap.

Which one is more Z Comet like in flight? Opto or GL?

They are both faster than Comets, but in flight...
Opto is like a domey Z Comet.
Goldline is like an ESP Comet.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.