Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Vector Midrange (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26154)

ReneeMH 04-24-2017 09:24 PM

there is 0 chance an electron vector would need replacement before a dx anything. ive been driving with my electron ions and they only get straighter and longer. i have to ask, how many trees do you hit HARD during a round?

ChainoutStar 04-24-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneeMH (Post 3168993)
there is 0 chance an electron vector would need replacement before a dx anything.

I don't know what electron and what dx you've been throwing, but either you've gotta get me some of your electron and I've gotta get you some of my dx.

Aim For The Chains 04-24-2017 10:46 PM

Electron sucks for durability but has great grip/feel... Only one power drive gone wrong and any electron mold ive thrown of every firmness gets a big fat lip warp.

DX all depends on the run but for sure some better vs electron when it comes to durability.

Renee your use might differ when only throwing 250'

dwindacatcher 04-24-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainoutStar (Post 3169016)
I don't know what electron and what dx you've been throwing, but either you've gotta get me some of your electron and I've gotta get you some of my dx.

This.

You need to remember, renee, the vector has a sharper edge than a putter. Thus it will season faster. You can doubt it's durability review if you want. I encourage you to try it as well. But do remember that I said despote that that I plan on getting more. I plan on starting a cycle.

ReneeMH 04-25-2017 02:21 AM

im gonna throw an electron vector every shot for 10 years and then still throw a pure hyzer over the moon

edit: paypal ready for someone to send one one of these badboys.

Mike C 04-25-2017 02:23 PM

Everyone talks about electron being really fragile, but I've never thrown a baseline blend that could take a power throw directly into a tree and not warp in some way. What baseline blends ya'll throwing that don't do that? Every one I've tried since the first year I've played deforms in some way....all the various Gateway plastics, DX, DD Prime, Discraft D, MVP Electron etc.

I don't expect a Vector to take a full power rip into a tree without warping to some degree. But I also know from experience Rocs, Buzzzes and Wizards do the same thing.

What I think some people forget is many baseline mid / putter molds will warp some, then after taking that initial beating they settle into a spot and stay there quite a while. I had warped DX Rocs that held on to that straight flight stubbornly long before getting flippy, and my soft electron Atom I intentionally beat up hasn't changed flight or appearance in over a year despite some nasty tree hits.

Aim For The Chains 04-25-2017 02:39 PM

It is expensive and low quality. The volt lasted all of a round b4 being a completely different disc and i have ions with rashed/gouges etc unlike many other baseline ive seen of any decent quality. Gateway offers like 100 flavors.

It offers good grip but that is it. Now if electron molds were $7-9 id be fine. And good DX or X is much better vs any electron including the firm.

BrotherDave 04-25-2017 04:23 PM

Yeah, the price of electron is the sticking point. Durability versus DX is fairly debatable but DX wins as long as it is cheaper and seemingly as or more durable.

Aim For The Chains 04-25-2017 05:34 PM

People think im some big MVP fanboi but i tell it like it is. They really need an entire different baseline plastic blend for those who don't love the uber tacky pencil erasers. They seriously are huge erasers. Try it....

SD86 04-25-2017 05:57 PM

I like my Electron Atom for putting, but oderwise it reminds me of Innova's XT plastic. Some older XT plastic feels like big pencil erasers. I'd imagine they wear (and warp) similarly, as well.