Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Vector Midrange (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26154)

wolfmandragon 11-09-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3517167)
I’m sort of confused. I tried the Vector and it’s not bad, but I never loved the feel. Then the Matrix came out and I think it’s fantastic, really amazing flight and feel. But it doesn’t seem to be very popular.

Also remember how fragile those first Matrix were. Mine lost its stability in two weeks of normal use. I still have never figured out what MVP was trying to do with that blend of Proton.

I agree with Brutal, the bad launch killed it for many of us.

As for the feel, this is personal, but they never made it in firm plastic.

elmexdela 11-09-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanic_Sinks (Post 3517113)
Turn away! Nobody is stopping you! In fact, I encourage it. Go find a company that you enjoy, and makes the choices that keep you satisfied. Go find some JOY in disc golf! Thatís the point, isnít it?

I hope you find some kind of positive energy, dude! Good luck out there!

thanks for the permission

elmexdela 11-09-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Iím sort of confused. I tried the Vector and itís not bad, but I never loved the feel. Then the Matrix came out and I think itís fantastic, really amazing flight and feel. But it doesnít seem to be very popular.

the mega plus rimmed vector is its major downfall

then the whole domey vs flat and the wild differences in stability from that

discspeed 11-09-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

I’m sort of confused. I tried the Vector and it’s not bad, but I never loved the feel. Then the Matrix came out and I think it’s fantastic, really amazing flight and feel. But it doesn’t seem to be very popular.

When I threw a domey N Matrix for my first impression it flew like a flat tire. It reminded me of a Cro...it had decent HSS without too much LSS, but underperformed for a mid in pretty much every other way. I just went back to my Vector and didn't give it another thought.

Fast forward to the great cut of summer's end '19 and suddenly I was wondering about the Matrix again. I grabbed a flat Proton in that terrible clear blue MVP color because it felt nice and was the only one near my weight. That was a couple months ago and I'm loving the thing. It is like a gyro Buzz/Buzz SS hybrid. It's analogous enough to a Buzz that I've been hitting some lines for the first time since I dropped the Buzz almost a decade ago. I just need a brighter color.

ThrowaEnvy 11-09-2019 02:43 PM

How does a Matrix compare to a Vector anyways... is it a semi suitable replacement?

This Buzzz n SS comparison is making me interested. I only have a SE "matrix print" Matrix and it's still unthrown right now. I like the Vector if I had more power, it isn't stable enough to cheat with an extreme angle but it's reliably straight to a fade. Feels like a Buzzz/ Wasp in betweener closest thing I have to a Buzzz is the Tangent.

I'm real excited to see the new offerings when they show up.

Moose33 11-09-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3517236)
How does a Matrix compare to a Vector anyways... is it a semi suitable replacement?

This Buzzz n SS comparison is making me interested. I only have a SE "matrix print" Matrix and it's still unthrown right now. I like the Vector if I had more power, it isn't stable enough to cheat with an extreme angle but it's reliably straight to a fade. Feels like a Buzzz/ Wasp in betweener closest thing I have to a Buzzz is the Tangent.

For me it flies like a Buzzz that I like the feel of better. Heavy ones may have better HSS than a Buzzz, and I can throw them FH somewhat, which is something I couldnít do with a Buzzz.

What some have said about the launch killing it makes sense. I was completely disengaged from buying MVP that that time and then got one in a pinch and really liked it. I still throw the Bard as my main mid but if I were to make a change Iíd probably move from throwing Justice/Bard to Deflector/Matrix.

Moose33 11-09-2019 06:11 PM

The Vector was just underwhelming for me. It flew like a Roc, but just not quite as much glide.

I’m probably the only person who never liked the Buzzz or Roc all that much. So maybe I’m not the best person to ask...

brutalbrutus 11-09-2019 06:39 PM

Same here. You can get Wasps that fly like a Roc or a buzz but you cant get a buzz that flies like a Wasp;)

TAFL 11-09-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3517302)
The Vector was just underwhelming for me. It flew like a Roc, but just not quite as much glide.

Iím probably the only person who never liked the Buzzz or Roc all that much. So maybe Iím not the best person to ask...

I wouldn't say that. I didn't like the Roc when it came out and never threw a Buzzz because I was told it flew like a Roc. You're not alone--there are more of us!

Mike C 11-14-2019 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3517236)

No.

I tried that. The proton Matrix discs I threw all had less high speed stability than my Axis, much less my Vectors.

I love the way they feel in the hand, and they fly nice...but they aren't what I want in a mid. I don't want a mid that flies an S curve. I want one that goes straight then fades, one that goes straight, and one that turns a bit without coming back. Vector + Axis + beat Axis has consistently delivered that for me for years.

The Matrix strikes me as a really nice mold for bags that only want one or two mids. The Matrix + an OS mold would make a nice combo for more powerful throwers, and a Matrix + more understable mold for lower power players.

If the Matrix flew like a Buzz for me the way it does others, I'd have bagged it immediately. That mold with 0 HSS would be $$.

I'm really curious to see the new mids, and best believe I'll be giving them all a shot.