Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Vector Midrange (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26154)

bikinjack 12-20-2010 12:27 PM

Do you know what the plastic's gonna be like? Soft? Medium? Firm? I'm assuming it will be the same types of plastic they're using for the Ion. I'm hoping they'll stay away from the softer stuff.

discspeed 12-20-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom8658 (Post 621733)

I can't see it gliding better than a Fuse, though, the Fuse is a 21.9cm, plus the Swedes mix magic into their plastic blends.

Yeah, but the Vector is going to have all the weight distributed to the outside of the disc...I'm imagining that this is going to have a great effect on the glide.

Technohic 12-20-2010 12:31 PM

Yeah, Im hoping for a glidier Buzzz/Core or just a longer, faster Ion would be nice.

discspeed 12-20-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikinjack (Post 621738)
Do you know what the plastic's gonna be like? Soft? Medium? Firm? I'm assuming it will be the same types of plastic they're using for the Ion. I'm hoping they'll stay away from the softer stuff.

When I talked to Chad last summer I think I remember us both agreeing that we preferred stiffer mids...In general people don't tend to value soft mids like they do putters. That said, I bet they will make both soft and mediums. A soft could be money in the woods if they kick as little as the soft Ions, and I've thrown gummy QMSs, Rocs, Spiders, and Sharks that were nice. I hope the first runs are mediums though.

Waddly Hobbins 12-20-2010 12:37 PM

I'm just hoping that is something that allows me to still carry my Buzzz and Fuse w/o feeling like redundant while carrying a Vector.

Seeing as MVP has gotten a lot better with their QA since their very first runs, I hope that they keep that up upon release of the Vector. I am going to buy a first run Vector regardless, however, I would just prefer that the first run I buy be as good as the later runs. I don't throw my early Ions as much due to the fact that later runs molded up better.

bikinjack 12-20-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 621750)
When I talked to Chad last summer I think I remember us both agreeing that we preferred stiffer mids...In general people don't tend to value soft mids like they do putters. That said, I bet they will make both soft and mediums. A soft could be money in the woods if they kick as little as the soft Ions, and I've thrown gummy QMSs, Rocs, Spiders, and Sharks that were nice. I hope the first runs are mediums though.

That's good to hear about the mediums. I can't wait to try one out.

Waddly Hobbins 12-20-2010 12:40 PM

I agree that a gummy soft proton plastic would be awesome for wooded drives. My soft Ions definitely tend to die on tree hits instead of bouncing off into the shule.

tom8658 12-20-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discspeed (Post 621740)
Yeah, but the Vector is going to have all the weight distributed to the outside of the disc...I'm imagining that this is going to have a great effect on the glide.

I'll believe it when I see it.

And I will see it, one way or another, because I'm going to buy at least two of these when the first production run hits Marshall St.

discspeed 12-20-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins (Post 621755)
I'm just hoping that is something that allows me to still carry my Buzzz and Fuse w/o feeling like redundant while carrying a Vector.

Seeing as MVP has gotten a lot better with their QA since their very first runs, I hope that they keep that up upon release of the Vector. I am going to buy a first run Vector regardless, however, I would just prefer that the first run I buy be as good as the later runs. I don't throw my early Ions as much due to the fact that later runs molded up better.

I remember talking to Chad about a mid and we both thought at the time that something that started out a tick more stable than a Z Buzzz (more or less like the more overstable Z Buzzzes) would be ideal. We both thought that it should pretty much be like a longer Ion with more wind resistance.

Once again, these are just things Chad and I talked casually about last summer. He hasn't spoken to me yet about any of the specifics of the development of the Vector.

jivey311 12-20-2010 01:15 PM

I hope we can get some info on the flight ratings soon.

A neutral to under stable super glide disc would be great.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.