Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   6' from an ACE (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13397)

Donald Smith 03-19-2010 10:32 PM

6' from an ACE

I was playing the 6th hole at Kirksville, MO today. It's 305 feet, and I decided to use my 150 g Teebird. The hole is due East from the tee off, and the wind was blowing out of the North. I aimed a little to the South, and the disc went out and then turned left and landed 6' South of the basket. I thought I was going to get a 1 under, but I goofed and the disc bounced out of the basket.

So far this is the closest I've ever come to an ACE and for me it was exciting because I normally only throw around 250' So not only did I almost get an ace, but it is one of my longest throws.

Okay, maybe almost an ACE is over exagerating but for me it is the closest I've come.

Don

BrotherDave 03-19-2010 10:47 PM

Sorry buddy, I'm all out of gold star stickers. ;)

Sometimes almost getting an ace is as much fun getting one, especially if you know it's got a chance. My only ace, I was like, "there's no way that's going in." I was shocked.

kpc2004 03-19-2010 10:48 PM

i was so used to splashing chains only for my disc to shoot out the side that when mine ended up in the basket it really caught me off guard. give it time, it'll come

Pete Kwaz 03-19-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Smith (Post 298319)
I was playing the 6th hole at Kirksville, MO today. It's 305 feet, and I decided to use my 150 g Teebird. The hole is due East from the tee off, and the wind was blowing out of the North. I aimed a little to the South, and the disc went out and then turned left and landed 6' South of the basket. I thought I was going to get a 1 under, but I goofed and the disc bounced out of the basket.

So far this is the closest I've ever come to an ACE and for me it was exciting because I normally only throw around 250' So not only did I almost get an ace, but it is one of my longest throws.

Okay, maybe almost an ACE is over exagerating but for me it is the closest I've come.

Don

Ive hit 2 aces, had 2 hit full chain and pop out, and had 3 or 4 swipe chain or hit basket on the fly or skip. Keep playing though they always seem to happen when you arn't trying for it.

bazillion 03-20-2010 12:35 AM

Hey, man, good shot.

Go make some more of them!

Scoot_er 03-20-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Smith (Post 298319)

Don

All I can say is LOL

If it wasn't a joke it is even better.

Marty McFly 03-20-2010 12:53 AM

My guess is that you were 6' from hitting a tree or something that would have lowered that score...

Just something to think about.

Scoot_er 03-20-2010 12:56 AM

Don, I was reading some of your posts about what you like to throw and your average distance and just wanted to say congrats on the long throw and near miss!

It was still funny though

gcr_russell 03-20-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot_er (Post 298431)
Don, I was reading some of your posts about what you like to throw and your average distance and just wanted to say congrats on the long throw and near miss!

It was still funny though

I felt bad but I had the exact same reaction.

hogleggbob 03-20-2010 07:16 AM

birdies are good too