Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Nate Sexton firebird (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114685)

timj5304 04-17-2015 08:30 PM

Nate Sexton firebird

So what did everyone else think? I was really excited, not expecting faf but expecting a total over stable pig. Well the one that I threw of the 3 that I purchased was a total disappointment in reguards of stability. Flew similar to my 11x eagle x. I had 2 others on my card throw it, one throws 440, one 325 and me 390. All of the flights flew straight a ways and hooked up but not like a firebird should. Plastic feels like 400g prodigy plastic. The other 2 are going to ddga on Facebook where 1 already is.

World Eater 04-17-2015 09:36 PM

Hmm... I've got two that are bevel topped. The third has a more progressive shoulder. Hopefully the bevel tops are OS. I'll find out tomorrow. Or perhaps tonight if I get a hair and decide to play a glow round.

mattc 04-18-2015 08:26 AM

So your saying that they actually fly, not just head straight for the dirt?
Sounds good to me, I have some FAF glows that really make me feel like a Nancy.

Stable 04-18-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattc (Post 2752706)
So your saying that they actually fly, not just head straight for the dirt?
Sounds good to me, I have some FAF glows that really make me feel like a Nancy.

Once I learned how to properly throw Firebirds FH and BH equally as well I knew my game was coming together. Learning to manhandle that mold gave me that moment of clarity where I said 'Ah, that's why all the players better than me use that disc'. Best OS driver in the world.

If yours are too much for you check out a lighter weight one.

Tpro 04-18-2015 04:25 PM

I got a couple and took one out to play today.... I think they are great, certainly made the bag. That being said I normally throw Candy Pro Firebirds. I never had the need for one of the FAF champs. Rarely do I need something to go 90 degrees one way or the other.

World Eater 04-18-2015 08:47 PM

my higher plh beveled 175g glow fb flies about like my mildly seasoned felon. Not a bad disc, but its not moving my felons out of the bag. Should be great for glow rounds. don't really feel like paying $25 for a moonshine felon with an amazingly boring 10yr anniversary stamp.

clard 04-19-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timj5304 (Post 2752498)
So what did everyone else think? I was really excited, not expecting faf but expecting a total over stable pig. Well the one that I threw of the 3 that I purchased was a total disappointment in reguards of stability. Flew similar to my 11x eagle x. I had 2 others on my card throw it, one throws 440, one 325 and me 390. All of the flights flew straight a ways and hooked up but not like a firebird should. Plastic feels like 400g prodigy plastic. The other 2 are going to ddga on Facebook where 1 already is.

This is actually exactly what I was hoping for. I really don't have any need for stupid OS discs, and I like the less OS Firebirds. I get much more use out of them, and they still handle everything short of hurricane force winds. Super excited for mine to come this week. Sick looking disc too.

Taylor 04-19-2015 10:59 AM

This might be what Nate Sexton was hoping for too. If you've ever seen him throw his glow Firebirds it takes a long time for them to hook up. One even has a tick of turn. These could be an out of the box replacement for him

timj5304 04-19-2015 11:01 AM

Understandable, I mainly use a firebird for utility shots such as thumbers which are probably 75% of what I use them for, flatter the better, flat discs cut through the air much better, at least for me and others I know whom throw thumbers. I also tend to use firebirds as a secondary forehand disc where I have bad footing and need to put a lot of anny on a disc but need it to come out at the end which the super over stable firebirds are money for. I also use them for skip shots under about 230 ft and occasionally a cut roller as well. The firebird is not used for everyday shots for me by anymeans, it doesn't fly far enough or straight enough for me to be used often on most courses but there are some courses I play I use it a ton. The sexton firebird after using it a couple more days is a much better forehand disc for regular forehand shots. My problem is it doesn't have a ton of glide. So I have a much less stable firebird that still is glideless

World Eater 04-19-2015 11:47 PM

the beveled top sexton fb I've been throwing has more glide and is a little longer than my felons. Think I've had 3 birdies with it in the last two days.

I have a huge bag that is constantly changing so I'm carrying both fb and felon for now. Longer slightly less os felon can stay.