Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

DiscT 10-21-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3845446)
I threw ESP and more recently LE Glo Zones as well as glow Gators for years. I like the Soft Tactics fine. They are more inline with a base plastic Zone and do better for me BH and for touch FHs. I wanted the RCs to be that Zone/ Glow Gator utility OS and they never were, esp in the HSS part of their flight. I had decided I was not going to get a RC3. I caved when I saw how nice the plastic was and everyone saying how OS they were and have not left the bag since. I've even purchased backups so I'm all in. I'm going to be cycling softs and a Meta.

You pretty much settled it. I will be selling my Neo tactic and swapping it for a Meta today before my round. Thanks for the reassuring insight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3845429)
No. I have a 168g Enigma that is my longest disc. The Cloudbreaker I am beating in is getting close, but it’s heavier. If they ever make 160 class discs… oh baby.



A Zone will go farther than any Tactic/RC mold, imo, which might be lingering in your subconscious. I don’t need 50 more feet out of a RC3 - makes it hard to overthrow.

Discmania has ‘caught up’ with demand, I think. They did that while charging $5-10 more per disc for signature stamps. On one hand it helps the pros, so not all bad. DM is close to overplaying the upcharged discs, and they probably realize this since no molds are selling out before replenishment lately. If they’re business savvy as they seem, this should mean that the stock runs of S-line molds are coming, which is the next avenue DM can use to increase revenue.

I didn’t realize the subconscious expectation of a tactic trying to go as far as a zone. Thank you for pointing that out because that was exactly the problem. Adjustment made!


I love this forum.

DiscT 10-21-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3845455)
Also nothing says that you HAVE to have the signature discs.

I could throw:
P1s
P2s
Tactic

Origin
MD3

Essence/ FD
Instinct
CPD

DD3

I would be just fine and my score probably would not hurt too much.

You are likely correct. I can admit that I succumb to the marketing that the “perfect run” will help me when what I really need is more practice. There’s no easy fix, but I do prefer the special s-line blend to c-line. As per usual, I’m probably overthinking everything, but perhaps that’s what hobbies are for…

seedlings 10-21-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3845733)
You are likely correct. I can admit that I succumb to the marketing that the “perfect run” will help me when what I really need is more practice. There’s no easy fix, but I do prefer the special s-line blend to c-line. As per usual, I’m probably overthinking everything, but perhaps that’s what hobbies are for…

Every new run is the ‘perfect’ run. We don’t get consensus on actual great runs until 5 years later when everyone wants the ‘second’ run.

DiscT 10-21-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3845739)
Every new run is the ‘perfect’ run. We don’t get consensus on actual great runs until 5 years later when everyone wants the ‘second’ run.

This made me chuckle because it’s so **** true. I guess I have to find a real way to get better at disc golf.

So…mystery boxes!? Hahahaha

jskew113 10-24-2022 08:56 AM

Any feedback on the Vapor Essences that are floating around? How are they flying?

klodkrawler05 10-25-2022 08:38 AM

I got a couple from the.....Canadian nationals? or something like that, one of the first batches of them. They're my most stable essence but still go pretty far. Straight to fade in the 320'-350' range for me, if I really get on it I can force little turn, but I always can count on it getting back to center or right of the tee (LHBH)
In comparison, my oldest neo essence in the bag is more of a panning turnover all the way to the ground, my semi fresh (been throwing since last September) neo essence gets a decent amount of turn and then works back to near center in line with the tee (also gets 20-40' more distance)
I have a couple Zen's but never fully clicked with them, they're slightly less stable than the Vapor, but they also don't go as far as the Vapor.

Realistically the vapor essence and my NS2 share the same slot in my bag, but as we're moving into fall I've been reaching for the essence more just because it would be cheaper to replace when it gets buried under the leaves.

Johnny_Mars 10-25-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3845739)
Every new run is the ‘perfect’ run. We don’t get consensus on actual great runs until 5 years later when everyone wants the ‘second’ run.

Accurate. Doombird II was a red headed stepchild and available online for months after it's release.

jskew113 11-01-2022 09:42 AM

Stock stamp Flex 1 P2s are on the Europe site with a countdown.

Will we see these stateside?

seedlings 11-02-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3848401)
Stock stamp Flex 1 P2s are on the Europe site with a countdown.

Will we see these stateside?

Boo. P1 & P2 Flex3 s please! I’m waiting to start a new putter cycle when flex3 comes out. There was a tiny run of fkex3 P2, but by the time I realized…I didn’t want the colors.

jskew113 11-03-2022 10:58 AM

So...

What is Discmania Stratosphere?

DiscT 11-03-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3848990)
So...

What is Discmania Stratosphere?

I just came here to post the same **** thing.

Disc reference or new stamp theme? Gotta be something bigger than a disc if they’re going to brand patches, hats, shirts, and even bonnet jackets!

seedlings 11-03-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskew113 (Post 3848990)
So...

What is Discmania Stratosphere?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3849033)
I just came here to post the same **** thing.

Disc reference or new stamp theme? Gotta be something bigger than a disc if they’re going to brand patches, hats, shirts, and even bonnet jackets!

Says ‘Live Show’ so it could be literally anything.

Or it could be a live show

Moonshine 11-03-2022 02:14 PM

My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

jskew113 11-03-2022 02:16 PM

Beat me to it^

discerdoo 11-03-2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3849093)
My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

They're gonna crib the Grace mold? That would be cool since I haven't seen a Grace in a shop since spring.

seedlings 11-03-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3849093)
My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

Not bad, I guess. I kinda think the Halo/Orbit is going to be very ‘dated’ down the road. Swirls are betta imo. Does your inside info say the Stratosphere is an 11/5/-1/2 ? I bet it is since I just bought a CD3…

B The V 11-04-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3849093)
My understanding is the new DD1 (Grace) is called the Stratosphere, and the new plastic is called Horizon (Orbit).

If this is the case, they are going over the top with an apparel line for a new disc.

Moonshine 11-04-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3849174)
Not bad, I guess. I kinda think the Halo/Orbit is going to be very ‘dated’ down the road. Swirls are betta imo. Does your inside info say the Stratosphere is an 11/5/-1/2 ? I bet it is since I just bought a CD3…

I don’t have any real insider info, just following along with the Facebook groups. The Grace is 11/6/-1/2 so I think it should be in that same ballpark. Perhaps a touch more overstable to make it more Wraith-like, but I doubt it.

Moonshine 11-04-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3849308)
If this is the case, they are going over the top with an apparel line for a new disc.

It does seem odd, but I’ve seen apparel for specific discs so who knows.

wims 11-05-2022 07:27 AM

So this is a reinvented DD, not the old anhyzer topped Wraith?

ray1970 11-05-2022 08:18 AM

Its going to be a rebranded Flow.

seedlings 11-05-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3849640)
Its going to be a rebranded Flow.

Is that what they’re saying in DM groups somewhere?

ray1970 11-05-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3849658)
Is that what they’re saying in DM groups somewhere?


No. I just like stirring the pot and making things up.

I’ve never thrown a Flow but supposedly it’s a tick more high speed stable than the Grace?

Moonshine 11-06-2022 01:02 AM

Flows are sweet, I wouldn’t hate a DM version.

B The V 11-07-2022 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3849489)
It does seem odd, but I’ve seen apparel for specific discs so who knows.

They definitely do make shirts for a lot of the tour series, but this is different. Either this is going to be bigger than we think, or the the most over the top release of a disc..... possibly ever.?.?.?

seedlings 11-07-2022 09:09 AM

Problem?

ray1970 11-07-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B The V (Post 3850000)
Either this is going to be bigger than we think, or the the most over the top release of a disc..... possibly ever.?.?.?

Yawn. I thought any and everything Discmania released was always hyped up as the biggest and best thing ever?

Dubbsy 11-07-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3850010)
Problem?

I was wondering the same thing.

seedlings 11-07-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3850011)
Yawn. I thought any and everything Discmania released was always hyped up as the biggest and best thing ever?

Which DG companies market otherwise? Lol!

B The V 11-07-2022 10:26 AM

A bomber jacket, a gear bag, a beanie... all for a new mold??? Seems over the top, even for Discmania.

Moonshine 11-07-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3850010)
Problem?

I noticed this as well. Also seems strange that Discmania has no approved mold called the stratosphere. Maybe that will be the plastic name? Perhaps this mystery box release will be the paradigm in stratosphere plastic?

Flick Maniac 11-07-2022 02:48 PM

Its got you talking, so its doing what its supposed to, so far :)

B The V 11-07-2022 04:20 PM

I hope it's all a farce so far and it's just a premium plastic Logic.

DiscT 11-07-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3850092)
I noticed this as well. Also seems strange that Discmania has no approved mold called the stratosphere. Maybe that will be the plastic name? Perhaps this mystery box release will be the paradigm in stratosphere plastic?

Everyone seems to have a halo/orbit/rim color plastic, so maybe they’re trying to break into that market. Unlikely.

Hot take: they’re converting their active line to a new DM line. They’re “launching” something new. It’s a disc line.

seedlings 11-07-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3850183)
Everyone seems to have a halo/orbit/rim color plastic, so maybe they’re trying to break into that market. Unlikely.

Hot take: they’re converting their active line to a new DM line. They’re “launching” something new. It’s a disc line.

I love it. Just don’t screw up the Sensei, mkay? Alas, they’re putting Acive discs inside the Stratosphere box, so … idk.

Moonshine 11-08-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3850183)
Everyone seems to have a halo/orbit/rim color plastic, so maybe they’re trying to break into that market. Unlikely.

Hot take: they’re converting their active line to a new DM line. They’re “launching” something new. It’s a disc line.

A new disc line is an interesting idea…

ray1970 11-08-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine (Post 3850227)
A new disc line is an interesting idea…


Hmm. Maybe they’re announcing a classic/retro/vintage line manufactured for Discmania by Innova?

dekdo 11-08-2022 09:12 PM

When cd2?

skizzle34 11-09-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekdo (Post 3850406)
When cd2?

2023 we will see more new molds being released. They were focused on "perfecting" the most popular molds (DD3, FD, MD3, PD) this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see CD2 as the first recreated mold in 2023. I know I want to see what they do to it given what they did with the Nordic Phenom!

seedlings 11-09-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzle34 (Post 3850520)
2023 we will see more new molds being released. They were focused on "perfecting" the most popular molds (DD3, FD, MD3, PD) this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see CD2 as the first recreated mold in 2023. I know I want to see what they do to it given what they did with the Nordic Phenom!

Imagine the Nordic Phenom with a bit less HSS, and huge glide? They can call it the Crap Dumpster 2 for all I care.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.