Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

Three Putt 05-24-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlock86 (Post 3722389)
if you don't have the patience to count the names on your reviews, you could send timg a message and ask how close you are on unique voters. he can see it on his end and maybe might have a moment to take a look.

moderators don't have access to that, do they?

Nope. :|

Three Putt 05-24-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza God (Post 3722376)
Oh, and if you want to see something crazy, I have all my DG trips logged from the last 5 years. I only logged my "Disc Golf Days" where I take off and play new courses all day. I do have a couple of trips logged on there too.

Damn, man. You were at my home course in January. If I would have known I'd have come out and you could have listened to me bitch a blue streak over those stupid yellow number signs they mounted on top of the baskets for a couple of hours.

Tyler J 05-25-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbuttree (Post 3722378)
You need thumbs from 250 unique users. I don't know if there is a way to even know how many you have unless you physically count them from all your reviews. Staying in one part of the country does tend to limit that number. Reviewing very popular courses just within and outside your main area may be a way to go...

Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza God (Post 3722376)
What's a guy got to do to get Diamond badge? As Wellsbranch pointed out, I have 1446 thumbs up. However I have 376 courses reviewed and I think Wellsbranch and Dreadlock86 has thumbs up every one of them.

Because I mostly play Texas courses, and I like to review courses no one else has reviewed first, I don't always review the most looked at courses.

I always wondered why my review of a Houston course had so much response, then I noticed It was linked in this forum for my review of that horrible course.

I keep track of my unique voters because I early on that not knowing would bug me. It's interesting to see the regular folks from review to review, as well as the one offs and new unique votes when they come along. You need to pay for premium to see them, so anyone that doesn't have that will not be able to.

It's a little tedious at times, but fun if you like numbers.

Honestly, if I could see Pizza God's voters I'd go back and count the unique ones. I'd be interested in seeing the unique vote count for folks like him and Mr. Frosty to see how far off they are from 250 unique votes. It would also be interesting to see how many some of the higher vote receivers have like Wellsbranch, or better yet even Sir Valkyrie Kid since they not only have the most reviews but have been reviewing since 2008. I currently have 102 unique voters, and 28 of those were from early reviews in 2010 and 2011.

Countchunkula 05-25-2021 12:23 PM

I just gave you a thumb, PG. No idea if I've thumbed any of your reviews in the past.

wellsbranch250 05-25-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J (Post 3723082)
It would also be interesting to see how many some of the higher vote receivers have like Wellsbranch, or better yet even Sir Valkyrie Kid since they not only have the most reviews but have been reviewing since 2008. I currently have 102 unique voters, and 28 of those were from early reviews in 2010 and 2011.

it's difficult to keep track. if a review voter changes their username, it could look like a new unique vote has happened to the a site supporting reviewer. but in reality that revised unique username would update on all past thumbs and not be unique. one would have to have to go through all their reviews every so often to keep an accurate track of it. so to answer your question, i don't know. i would guess close to 400. Supreme Leader Sir Lord Valk ;) is probaly in the 600 range.

I'd like to know how many unique reviewers I've voted on. I bet I'm closing in on a thousand.

BogeyNoMore 05-25-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countchunkula (Post 3723087)
I just gave you a thumb, PG. No idea if I've thumbed any of your reviews in the past.

Beats giving him the finger... :\

Tyler J 05-25-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3723130)
it's difficult to keep track. if a review voter changes their username, it could look like a new unique vote has happened to the a site supporting reviewer. but in reality that revised unique username would update on all past thumbs and not be unique. one would have to have to go through all their reviews every so often to keep an accurate track of it. so to answer your question, i don't know. i would guess close to 400. Supreme Leader Sir Lord Valk ;) is probaly in the 600 range.

I'd like to know how many unique reviewers I've voted on. I bet I'm closing in on a thousand.

I didn't even know until recently that you could change your username. That does add another layer if you want to keep track. I should probably double check my numbers now that you mention it.

Cerealman 05-25-2021 04:49 PM

I track mine too. I believe I'm at 209 unique voters.

Of course, I'm not quite to 1,000 thumbs, so I need to write a few more reviews.

However, I am leaving the Chattanooga area at the end of June and moving up to the Tri-Cities area in NE Tennessee for a new job (yay!), so that will be an opportunity for new courses, new reviews ... and hopefully, a few more unique voters. :)

BogeyNoMore 05-25-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerealman (Post 3723188)
However, I am leaving the Chattanooga area at the end of June and moving up to the Tri-Cities area in NE Tennessee for a new job (yay!), so that will be an opportunity for new courses, new reviews ... and hopefully, a few more unique voters. :)

That's really going the extra mile to reach a different pool of voters.

Cerealman 05-25-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3723191)
That's really going the extra mile to reach a different pool of voters.

One of my DG buddies, upon hearing the news of my new job, replied: You just got tired of having to drive 3 hrs to find a new course.

If the shoe fits


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.