Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

The Valkyrie Kid 05-23-2022 08:07 AM

Thanks everyone. I had actually forgotten that it was my 1500th review until Wolfhaley brought it to my attention. But I’m really a little more excited to have bagged my 30th and final major league ballpark here in Milwaukee.

How can you tell that I’m getting old? A couple of years ago, I would have let my wife fly home today by herself and I would have stayed here in Milwaukee with it’s multitude of courses. But instead, I played just two Milwaukee courses and I will fly home today with the wife. It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!

Olorin 05-23-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid (Post 3810806)
It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!

Slacker!:p

In May-June 2021 I spent about 6 weeks near San Diego and played every CA course south of an east-west line through Oceanside, as well as a few scattered courses in other areas to the north. Almost every course that I went to had been reviewed by TVK. And back when I was completing playing Virginia (2018-2020) the same thing happened at tons of little remote dinkers in the boonies of southwest VA. TVK has been everywhere! I want to get some signs or stickers printed that say "The Valkyrie Kid" was here. That would actually be really cool to see on a course bulletin board or on the pole of the 1st tee. (The same goes for Derek Tonn, Deke Guff or any of the other Top 10 course collectors.)

Countchunkula 05-23-2022 06:13 PM

^I like that idea. I can also imagine the conversation between our super baggers and local authorities:

Officer: Get back over here! You're defacing public property!

TVK: But officer, these guys on a website told me to do it. Don't you know I'm (internet) famous?

Officer: So, you're one of them influencers?

TVK: Yeah, yeah, DGCR influencer!!

Officer #2: I think it's like tik-toc or something.

TVK: Yeah, just like tik-toc, but for old guys.

Officer: I'm going to let you off with a warning, but don't let me catch you back here...

TVK: Thanks officer, don't worry, I've already bagged all the courses in the area. You won't see me 'round here again. *hustles to his car*

Officer #2: Bagged?

Officer: Beats me. Let's go get a coffee.

Olorin 05-24-2022 11:24 AM

Can anybody on here make those little oval stickers with the black line border? If I can get some that say "TVK" I will put them up at courses he's reviewed ahead of me.

The Valkyrie Kid 05-24-2022 02:23 PM

Gees, that might motivate me to git for 1500 reviews!

The Valkyrie Kid 05-24-2022 02:25 PM

That was bad. It was supposed to have read;

Gees, that might motivate me to go for another 1500 reviews.

harr0140 06-02-2022 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid (Post 3810806)
Thanks everyone. I had actually forgotten that it was my 1500th review until Wolfhaley brought it to my attention. But Iím really a little more excited to have bagged my 30th and final major league ballpark here in Milwaukee.

How can you tell that Iím getting old? A couple of years ago, I would have let my wife fly home today by herself and I would have stayed here in Milwaukee with itís multitude of courses. But instead, I played just two Milwaukee courses and I will fly home today with the wife. It seems like such a waste to be here and not spend a week or more bagging all these great courses!

:( I would have loved to meet up!

The Valkyrie Kid 06-02-2022 03:33 AM

God, Mike, I really wish I would have had the time to hook up with you and Wolfhaley, too. Since this wasn’t just a bagging trip and being with the wife, I had to keep her happy. In retrospect, I probably should have let her fly home and then stayed and bagged for a week or so.

And I would ‘ve liked to see the Harley Museum too.

Sorry I missed you pal.

TVK

wolfhaley 06-02-2022 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid (Post 3813016)
God, Mike, I really wish I would have had the time to hook up with you and Wolfhaley, too. Since this wasnít just a bagging trip and being with the wife, I had to keep her happy. In retrospect, I probably should have let her fly home and then stayed and bagged for a week or so.

And I would Ďve liked to see the Harley Museum too.

Sorry I missed you pal.

TVK

Quote:

Originally Posted by harr0140 (Post 3813003)
:( I would have loved to meet up!

I'd be ecstatic to play with either of you legends of course bagging. I'm a nobody in that regard. TVK, I have my eye on Portland soon hopefully, and Washington is right there...😁

Mike, I'm just up the road a little. It'd be amazing to play a round or two and pick your brain a little bit. Let's make this happen. 👍

DiscGolfCraig 06-02-2022 08:23 AM

Congrats to Pizza God for FINALLY getting 2,000 positive votes. It only took him 433 reviews and 13 years to get there. Here's hoping the next 2K votes are earned more easily.

Stardoggy 06-02-2022 11:37 AM

Geez....I woulda jumped in on that bagger's meetup.

harr0140 06-02-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3813021)
I'd be ecstatic to play with either of you legends of course bagging. I'm a nobody in that regard. TVK, I have my eye on Portland soon hopefully, and Washington is right there...😁

Mike, I'm just up the road a little. It'd be amazing to play a round or two and pick your brain a little bit. Let's make this happen. 👍

Hit me up. I currently do not schedule myself in my store mondays or wednesdays so that i can play a little, work part time at Brown Deer Park DG course, and do other things. I am in my store 12-6 T Th and F for sure. I also havent taken a roadtrip yet this spring so im about to do that some upcoming weekend just not the next 3 weekends.

wolfhaley 06-03-2022 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harr0140 (Post 3813221)
Hit me up. I currently do not schedule myself in my store mondays or wednesdays so that i can play a little, work part time at Brown Deer Park DG course, and do other things. I am in my store 12-6 T Th and F for sure. I also havent taken a roadtrip yet this spring so im about to do that some upcoming weekend just not the next 3 weekends.

Will do next time I'm down that way. If you ever make it up to the Marshfield/Point area let me know. :thmbup:

Pizza God 06-05-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig (Post 3813033)
Congrats to Pizza God for FINALLY getting 2,000 positive votes. It only took him 433 reviews and 13 years to get there. Here's hoping the next 2K votes are earned more easily.

Well, I have not been doing very good on the reviews lately, think I am about a year behind. I finally caught up on most of the pictures I have taken of the courses and finally hit the Diamond level pic uploader.

To tell the truth, my business has been booming. I am lucky to get a day off, but the rest of the week I am working, and these days I don't get much down time when I am at work. (that is where I do most of my computer stuff) Tonight I just happened to read this thread and catch this one.

Mostly I was looking to make sure ChainedEvil didn't pass me up in Oklahoma. He just played several new courses I didn't even know about. Looks like I need to make a quick trip to the OKC area and clean up some courses.

chevis 06-14-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadlock86 (Post 3692663)
you might be surprised, the TR medal definitely does draw more eyes. and you begin taking advantage of the people who always sort reviews for TRs only.
congrats

just over a year later & i've made silver, thought it would take longer; i'm guessing gold will. i owe it to becoming more of a course bagger & playing courses w/o reviews to get them at least 1 review; also my caliber review got me a lot of votes cuz it's in the top 10 on the homepage

wellsbranch250 06-20-2022 09:30 PM

Congratulations to Thrembo on hitting Diamond Today. Pretty cool to have it happen right after an Idlewild review. :clap: That's like hitting a homerun for your 3000th hit

thrembo 06-20-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3817387)
Congratulations to Thrembo on hitting Diamond Today. Pretty cool to have it happen right after an Idlewild review. :clap: That's like hitting a homerun for your 3000th hit

Thanks! Yes very cool. It has been a great day. I'm humbled and honored to join such a prestigious group of reviewers and baggers.

sisyphus 06-20-2022 11:03 PM

Added to the TR spreadsheet sir! 50th Diamond Trusted seems like a cool benchmark, as well. Looking forward to playing with you sometime around your new home area!

thrembo 06-20-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisyphus (Post 3817414)
Added to the TR spreadsheet sir! 50th Diamond Trusted seems like a cool benchmark, as well. Looking forward to playing with you sometime around your new home area!

Thanks! Would love to get a round in with you.

wolfhaley 06-21-2022 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrembo (Post 3817392)
Thanks! Yes very cool. It has been a great day. I'm humbled and honored to join such a prestigious group of reviewers and baggers.

Long time coming but absolutely well deserved :hfive:. It's kind of odd seeing Hamilton OH listed as your location now. Your plate is full of new courses to bag and review now, and some real nice one's at that :thmbup:

thrembo 06-21-2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3817427)
Long time coming but absolutely well deserved :hfive:. It's kind of odd seeing Hamilton OH listed as your location now. Your plate is full of new courses to bag and review now, and some real nice one's at that :thmbup:

Thanks. Yeah, I was running out of new Florida courses to play. Now I could play a new course every week for years. Looking to add some new states too.

Tyler J 07-01-2022 10:35 AM

Shadrach3 started reviewing courses in May 2020.

Fast forward just 2 years and 2 months and they are now becoming just the 6th reviewer ever to eclipse 3,000 positive thumbs on the site. What a run.

notapro 07-05-2022 01:00 PM

Is it time for a diamond reviewer meetup? :popcorn:

BogeyNoMore 07-05-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3820876)
Is it time for a diamond reviewer meetup? :popcorn:

Thanks for volunteering to set that up. ;)
:popcorn:

Jimb 07-05-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3820876)
Is it time for a diamond reviewer meetup? :popcorn:

Rules include that everyone must meet at a course that none have ever played and then all must review the same course within a week of being there. Or something like that. Good luck finding a unique course guys. :D

notapro 07-05-2022 03:50 PM

Easy! Three Rivers DiscGolfPark is centrally located and unreviewed. How about Thursday, July 21st or Friday, July 22nd?

sisyphus 07-05-2022 04:21 PM

Just curious (being a resident of Cincinnati), if that is a "California" course currently map located in Carrolton, KY by mistake, and if someone is willing to fix that. The description talks about San Bernadino.

If not... hey, if it's an hour from here, I'm in for a meet up! :)

chevis 07-05-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3820898)
Easy! Three Rivers DiscGolfPark is centrally located and unreviewed. How about Thursday, July 21st or Friday, July 22nd?

i don't believe the course description is correct
Quote:

Description: This is the 6th DiscGolfPark established in the state of California and the 28th DiscGolfPark installed in the United States. Established in January 2021.

notapro 07-05-2022 05:06 PM

Ha, good call. That appears to be copy pasta'd from Rancho Del Sol.

BogeyNoMore 07-05-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3820898)
Easy! Three Rivers DiscGolfPark is centrally located and unreviewed. How about Thursday, July 21st or Friday, July 22nd?

What's wrong with a weekend?

notapro 07-05-2022 06:02 PM

Hey, I'm just getting the ball rolling! Does the 23rd work better for you? Sunday is probably a no-go for me.

sisyphus 07-05-2022 09:28 PM

Note, now that I know the course mentioned is actually there in Carrolton, Ky, I pulled up their Facebook page and added that link, the map, the hole distances and pars, and the course condition update from 6/28/22: "Quick update its been a little bit but things are going great at the property I had a little set back with schdule change at nucor and people got into a accident but shouldn't change the plans to open this summer hopefully. Just got re clearing to do and I already back filled all tee pads and will be laying turf down next week. All signage believed to have shipped out last week with tee signs and main sign. All grass is on the finish mowing stage after 2 rounds of bush hogg. Will post next update sometime next month with a grand opening date for everyone and currently working with disc and dat for a tournament next year early in year after winter and possibly one summer time. In the mean time as course isn't open yet but I know people are still coming by and throwing the holes just be careful and hope everyone has a great and safe 4th of July weekend."

...so not yet the best place for a meet up this month!

wolfhaley 07-06-2022 04:39 AM

Ummm... isn't Summit single and ready to mingle? 😉

I put a bid in for Highbridge. Better than Cali DiscGolfPark in KY.

Tyler J 07-06-2022 03:16 PM

Y'all should play a new course in St. Louis so I can crash your party. There's a new recreational course in Chesterfield that isn't on DGCR yet. 18 holes - 4,241 feet. 18 is a par 5 that's 559 whole feet long if you can handle that.

There's also a new 9-hole pay to play on a golf course by our airport in case I haven't convinced you yet.

GMcAtee 07-06-2022 04:34 PM

That is an awesome park for a course.

notapro 07-06-2022 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3820982)
Ummm... isn't Summit single and ready to mingle? ��

I put a bid in for Highbridge. Better than Cali DiscGolfPark in KY.

Summit, Highbridge, what's the difference?!?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J (Post 3821137)
Y'all should play a new course in St. Louis so I can crash your party. There's a new recreational course in Chesterfield that isn't on DGCR yet. 18 holes - 4,241 feet. 18 is a par 5 that's 559 whole feet long if you can handle that.

There's also a new 9-hole pay to play on a golf course by our airport in case I haven't convinced you yet.

OK, well, I was curious... so I mapped out all 50 Diamond TRs, and the average of all those places is indeed right by St. Louis... right by the airport it would seem. So I think you've got a damn good case!!


https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...8&d=1657144783

Tyler J 07-06-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapro (Post 3821164)
Summit, Highbridge, what's the difference?!?!?



OK, well, I was curious... so I mapped out all 50 Diamond TRs, and the average of all those places is indeed right by St. Louis... right by the airport it would seem. So I think you've got a damn good case!!


https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...8&d=1657144783

That pin looks like it could actually be directly on Jefferson Barracks, which I know at least a few of you all have played.

So anyways, you should come here! If you let me crash, I promise toasted ravioli for all.

BogeyNoMore 07-06-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J (Post 3821187)
So anyways, you should come here! If you let me crash, I promise toasted ravioli for all.

I could be persuaded to get out to St Louis with some food. :)

I can just see it now: mob golf on niner, courtesy of a bunch of experienced player's with how lord knows how many courses played between them.

If we could set this for Labor Day weekend, I'd be down for it. It's a good 8 hr drive for me, so I'd need a 3 day weekend to make it worth my while.

Probs get in very late Fri, and play/meet peeps all day Sat & Sun. Mon maybe head to Harmony Bends, then home.

thrembo 07-06-2022 09:55 PM

I haven't played Harmony Bends yet...

DFrah 07-06-2022 10:03 PM

Too funny!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.