Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133113)

ru4por 02-12-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgreen (Post 3416260)
Great to hear. When you say, met with the owner, what owner are you talking about? Arenít there multiple owners? Doesnít John own some of the property? Are you going to be the owner of all of HH?

This is kind of the same information we have received here a couple times. It does not seem as if MM is looking to disclose any information, just teasing us with hope that HB will not die. I expect in his own time he will share.

roggenb3 02-12-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatRedDude (Post 3416299)
please never do green baskets, this shouldn't even be a color option from manufacturers. We have courses in woods, why do we camouflage baskets? the point is that they should stand out.

Have you ever played on them? I've played a couple courses with green prodigys, in the woods, and had zero issues. In fact, they were far easier to find than any silver basket without a band. They are bright green, it's not like they are making them in forest green.

Human eyes see more shades of green than any other color, so it's pretty easy to pick up on bright green, even with a darker green background.

Monocacy 02-12-2019 01:11 PM

Agreed. Green-banded baskets can be quite visible, depending on the shade of green.

BuzzzFlicker87 02-12-2019 01:17 PM

The old chestnut layout was pretty fun and the campground course for night golf. Please keep it! Why not just pull the baskets during events?

davetherocketguy 02-12-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3416317)
Have you ever played on them? I've played a couple courses with green prodigys, in the woods, and had zero issues. In fact, they were far easier to find than any silver basket without a band. They are bright green, it's not like they are making them in forest green.

Human eyes see more shades of green than any other color, so it's pretty easy to pick up on bright green, even with a darker green background.

The Prodigy baskets are definitely the right shade of green. Very visible. We have them locally here at River Park in Benton Harbor and throughout the seasons they stay very visible against a variety of shades of natural green.

-Dave

Cgkdisc 02-12-2019 01:34 PM

If you plan to do a Tiki course, locating it on the Chestnut site seems to make the most sense for both local and tourist access. It's right on County C for visibility. There will be parking, rest rooms, check-in location, nearby power for all kinds of LED course and basket lighting plus I seem to remember the County added a few lights on the highway. It's next to the camping area for access all hours. A true 18-hole Tiki course with most holes between 50-125 feet could weave in and out of the mostly wooded space of the original Chestnut 9 and leave much of the big open space (where the big basket is mowed into the hill) for festivals.

juju 02-12-2019 01:39 PM

I don't know what to believe.

DatRedDude 02-12-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3416317)

yes a local course has them, ran a league at said course. Bright green during the spring and fall is no bueno for me. We will just agree to disagree on this, green anything in the woods, i dont care what shade doens't work for my vision. Maybe it does for yours and a majority of the other human eyes you know but most people in my area that have played this course think along the same lines as me.

DavidSauls 02-12-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3416305)
This is kind of the same information we have received here a couple times. It does not seem as if MM is looking to disclose any information, just teasing us with hope that HB will not die. I expect in his own time he will share.

I found his "Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday" to be a lot more substantive than all that's preceded it.

ru4por 02-12-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3416387)
I found his "Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday" to be a lot more substantive than all that's preceded it.

Credit where credit is due......though the definition of owner is a complete unknown.