Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133113)

joecoin 02-09-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscoe (Post 3415200)
How much traffic did these courses get at their peak?

Now that's a darn good question.

BuzzzFlicker87 02-09-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

I can only comment on the last 2 years but to see 10 people on the hill was "busy"

XC_Eddy 02-09-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzzFlicker87 (Post 3415295)
I can only comment on the last 2 years but to see 10 people on the hill was "busy"

10 people at a time with that kind of course management is excellent.

BuzzzFlicker87 02-09-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC_Eddy (Post 3415317)
10 people at a time with that kind of course management is excellent.

Courses were maintained fairly well last year despite management, but you never knew if the sheriff would show up and tell you to leave.

DanJon 02-09-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Not enough to keep a private complex going, but with festivals onsite they can bring in an additional 5 to 6 figures.

Others have hinted that festivals will keep moving forward, but the plan is to keep them away from the disc golf.

While people may not like that vision, as long as disc golfers who care are in control, I believe they can coexist peacefully.

BuzzzFlicker87 02-10-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3415341)
Not enough to keep a private complex going, but with festivals onsite they can bring in an additional 5 to 6 figures.

Others have hinted that festivals will keep moving forward, but the plan is to keep them away from the disc golf.

While people may not like that vision, as long as disc golfers who care are in control, I believe they can coexist peacefully.

Agreed. While I dont know all the details I would bet the festivals have a better chance keeping this place going than disc golf. So whether you dig the scene or not be grateful for the festival folks and coexist.

DiscGolf365 02-10-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3415341)

Good thing I have lots of experience working at festivals the past 3 years :)
Nothing official yet, but if youre not going to Glass Blown you should try to keep April 27/28 clear on your schedule ;)

Darkgreen 02-10-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3415138)
Suddenly....NEWS!

Kind of. If dreams are news.

I get that there needs to be a vision, and I like lots of the things I'm hearing, but I would like to hear about basic needs being addressed.
I will say I like hearing about the commitment to keep festivals off of the fairways by having a dedicated place for those away from the courses.

DavidSauls 02-10-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgreen (Post 3415386)
Kind of. If dreams are news.

I get that there needs to be a vision, and I like lots of the things I'm hearing, but I would like to hear about basic needs being addressed.
I will say I like hearing about the commitment to keep festivals off of the fairways by having a dedicated place for those away from the courses.

Oh, sure. But compared to the past week or two....

Yes, to the degree I care, I'd be interested in knowing the nuts & bolts of what's going on. Who owns what, who has authority over what, financing, etc. Of course, that's none of my business, but it's hard to know what to think without it. Being a thousand miles away, it's just curiosity on my part.

pmay5 02-10-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roggenb3 (Post 3414904)
Why not? Especially why not orange?

I think what Mocheez was going for was that black and orange are close to the colors of the Chicago Bears (they are actually Navy and Orange) but look black and orange from a distance. Up there in Packerland, they don't want to be reminded of da Beaaarrrsss.

Who knows, it might draw players from the largest Metro area within reasonable driving distance, so why not?