Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Most overstable Buzz (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130126)

georgesummers 02-10-2018 08:34 PM

Most overstable Buzz

I'm looking for a buzzz that for a 330-350 foot shot will go straight and fade out at the end. All the buzzzes I have love to go really straight at this distance. I have a buzzz is that I really like, but it's more of an overstable utility disc that goes hard left. I'm looking for a disc that fits between the two.

Has anyone thrown a sparkle buzzz? Also, I've been told that new glo buzzzes are pretty straight. Is that true?

Streets 02-10-2018 08:44 PM

Z Wasp?

slowplastic 02-10-2018 08:46 PM

If you're willing to try another mold the Verdict fits between the Buzzz and Buzzz OS. It would be a good choice at this range for this shot I think, it has glide rather than being true OS like the Buzzz OS.

SD86 02-10-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowplastic (Post 3273521)
If you're willing to try another mold the Verdict fits between the Buzzz and Buzzz OS. It would be a good choice at this range for this shot I think, it has glide rather than being true OS like the Buzzz OS.

The Hornet fits this description as well, and has a glidey fade. Only problem is that it's going OOP. But it's a great disc.

Grippenripp 02-10-2018 09:31 PM

Sounds like your looking for a seasoned Wasp if that's not it go for a z glo buzzz

SD86 02-10-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippenripp (Post 3273531)
Sounds like your looking for a seasoned Wasp if that's not it go for a z glo buzzz

I have a Z Glo Buzzz, and it's not as overstable as my Ti Buzzzes. That may just be the particular Glo Buzzz I have, but if the OP can find a Ti Buzzz, it might be the one to try.

Grippenripp 02-10-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3273533)
I have a Z Glo Buzzz, and it's not as overstable as my Ti Buzzzes. That may just be the particular Glo Buzzz I have, but if the OP can find a Ti Buzzz, it might be the one to try.

Possibly, my response is based on my limited experience. The most is buzzes I've thrown have been z glo. I've thrown a Ti but that one was also found by a friend and thrown by him so who knows what stage of wear it was in at that point, also I have a big Z that's very straight and my Z is more beef

georgesummers 02-10-2018 10:10 PM

Yeah I bought a big z buzz and it's also really straight. The only ti buzzzes I've thrown we're actually umderstable but they were also the first runs of the ti buzzes. Has anyone thrown a sparkle?

Grippenripp 02-10-2018 10:13 PM

Completely unrelated: I bought an x Buzzz today and it's an out of the box hyzerflip anny flight machine. Never thrown a sparkle I heard the groove tops described as what you're looking for though, somewhere between a seasoned Z and a Buzzz os was the actual description.

Muddyboots 02-10-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgesummers (Post 3273536)
Yeah I bought a big z buzz and it's also really straight. The only ti buzzzes I've thrown we're actually umderstable but they were also the first runs of the ti buzzes. Has anyone thrown a sparkle?

My current "overstable" Buzzz is a St. Jude Sparkle. It will flex out @ 350' of controlled power. Not from a hard anyhzer release, but thrown hard and flat. F. Howl has recommended the swirly ESPs as being on the more OS end of the mold spectrum. I have 2 on the way. SunKing has more. FWIW, shape trumps material. Flat, low profile Buzzzes will be faster/straighter. What you want is a Buzzz with a medium shoulder and flat top. Slightly slower with more observed fade.