Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Jay Dub 04-11-2020 09:58 AM

Ky Gov told church goers if they assemble for Easter service pictures of their license plates will be taken and those people will be expected to quarantine for 14 days.
I'm not sure how that will be enforced assuming there will be a lot of people at these services.

BogeyNoMore 04-11-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3573547)
I don't know what freep is but MSNBC has been talking about this for a couple weeks.

= Detroit Free Press... very legit, local paper that's been around since the 1800's. People just refer to it as "The Freep" around here... So I guess they decided to use that as their web address.

Ess-dog 04-11-2020 11:33 AM

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...em/5130027002/

This is a crazy outbreak. 190 workers so far. Just cleaning and checking temps in a closes quarters high output factories is not going to suffice. America is full of these places. In locations that may have difficulties managing the resulting quaarantine of families and medical response. Also interesting since this is one of the states that would be on the list of places that aren't being affected "that bad".

ru4por 04-11-2020 11:36 AM

A bunch of truth in the last bunch of posts. So...IMO, ER visits are down for a few reasons. Brutal hit on one, people are simply doing FAR less to injure themselves. ER have been being used as doctor's offices and urgent care for years. Those visits are way down as well, many just not going to the ER when little Johnny threw up last nights tuna casserole. People with suspected COVID are told to call their primary care physicians. They have very strict guidelines on whom to send to the hospital. Only those with severe shortness of breath are directed to head to the ER.

Hospitals are business...big business. They are driven by money, profit and growth. Many are for profit, some are non profit. Makes no real difference though. As much as I would like them to be altruistic entrerprises, they simply are not. Are they are hemorrhaging money, at this point.

As some know, I have been working at one of my system's hospitals. As of today, I have been pulled out of the hospital, which they seem to be shutting down. I am not sure what the plan is. Maybe clean it and open the ER and OR back up to revert it to a regular operating hospital (up to now it was a COVID + only facility)? Poor communication is making it hard to figure out. We have shipped most of our recovering patients to the federally built COBO hall, temp hospital. A thousand bed facility with less than 50 patients.

I think over prepare was the plan. I cannot discredit forward thinking, as it is much better than the knee jerk reaction alternative.

DG_player 04-11-2020 01:51 PM

There are two large hospital systems in our area. One of them received a lot of criticism for taking a cavalier approach to the situation, and were accused of putting profit over safety. They continued with elective surgeries, etc. They claimed they were adequately prepared (sufficient PPE etc.). Currently the daily confirmed cases in our area have been declining and we appear to be near our peak, and the hospitals are no where near their stress point. So maybe they made the right decision. A lot of the credit for that should go to our governor since he was one of the first to make major steps to contain the spread, before worse off places like NY and elsewhere.

davetherocketguy 04-11-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Crippler (Post 3573554)
Stupid selfish kkkri$tian$ are the single biggest threat to our safety as a nation.:mad:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/us/ke...rnd/index.html

By golly the liquor stores are still open though.

Liquor stores are essential. :|

Broken Shoulder 04-11-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davetherocketguy (Post 3573684)
By golly the liquor stores are still open though.

Liquor stores are essential. :|

Alcohol withdrawal would end up hospitalizing or killing a large number of people.

Twmccoy 04-11-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3573572)
what is amazing about it?

Amazing that the media continues to overstate the amount of hospital space needed for coronavirus patients. Even in NY they have far more beds than are needed. The doom and gloom estimates in the hardest hit cities were way off.

brutalbrutus 04-11-2020 04:48 PM

They weren't way off. They were models based on spread rate and population density. People have been for the most part heeding the stay at home orders which has changed the spread rate. Like ru4 said, its better to plan for the worst and the worst didn't happen because people were being responsible. Its not a bad thing...

Hampstead 04-11-2020 05:34 PM

Reading through these posts, it is interesting to see how some folks process information.