Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

Ess-dog 04-15-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3575549)
I'm not sure you can reopen schools next year. I believe we are in for a very harsh winter resurgence in the virus, schools would just be super-spreader breeding factories.

I hope it's not the case but this is a big worry of mine. There is lots of pressure to get these kids out of the house and back into daycare (I mean middle and high school). People round here can't fathom that the college football season may have to just be conference games. At best.

Politicians trying to do what they think the Suburbs want could be our undoing.

Online schooling is pretty terrible. Since many districts will be using Google Classroom it'll be interesting to see the data on the time kids spent doing work and the numbers that didn't even show up. In my district there has to be 20% or so that are not going to be present in online schooling. Teen pregnancy, suicide, abuse, predation, etc.... There's a lot to consider on top of the pandemic we are hoping to keep them from spreading.

Smigles 04-15-2020 05:11 AM

Well we bailed out the banks 10 years ago. This time around the banks can bail out the privates and the small businesses. Right?

Haha as if that is ever gonna happpen. The tax payers will once again bail out the big companies.

ohtobediscing 04-15-2020 07:57 AM

Wonder what working wildfire is going to be like this summer. Refresher courses and pack tests have been rolled over from last year, but I was changing back to a MS resident when the DMVs closed, and I still need to acquire my CDL to drive my brush engine. We might can work, eat, shower and sleep more than 6 ft. apart, but we sure can't travel individually to the fire or to work within it.

robdeforge 04-15-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3575459)
I have lost nearly all faith in my fellow Americans to do the right thing. So, I am not sure I see a way to enact the above, without a catastrophic relapse in the virus numbers.

real life quote, from today, in a FB disc group i'm a member of:

Quote:

I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. At my age I donít want to waste any more time not doing the things that make me happy even if it is for only one day and Iíve never been a conformist. Those that donít want to take the risk for the greater good can always just stay home for the next 6 months and let the rest of us die in peace please...
:wall: i'm deactivating my account - not worth the headaches

Jolt 04-15-2020 09:02 AM

I dont have English as my first or even second language. . but do you really say "better chance of getting struck by lightning" . . .is it "better" to be struck by lightning?!? how could that be better?!

DavidSauls 04-15-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3575598)
I dont have English as my first or even second language. . but do you really say "better chance of getting struck by lightning" . . .is it "better" to be struck by lightning?!? how could that be better?!

Yes---the chance is better, as in higher probability, whether it's a higher probability of a good thing, or a bad thing.

The math, however, is suspect; without researching, I'd think lightning strikes would be less common, particularly in the world this person desires.

robdeforge 04-15-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3575600)
Yes---the chance is better, as in higher probability, whether it's a higher probability of a good thing, or a bad thing.

The math, however, is suspect; without researching, I'd think lightning strikes would be less common, particularly in the world this person desires.

this person has moved to florida within the past 12 months and seems to be more afraid of palm trees than covid

DavidSauls 04-15-2020 09:31 AM

OK, Lightning Capital of the World, maybe he has a point.

brutalbrutus 04-15-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3573944)
Don't get me started... fookin love that movie. lol...

I can't figure out how to post this because it wont give me the option to save it but its maybe the best meme ever...lol

The Warriors social distancing PSA...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B--ytNUH...=1hzmy2b2ap1ve

(if someone else more computer literate than I can post it, go for it and take all the credit.:D)

joegraham 04-15-2020 03:44 PM

2 meter rule! Not optional!