Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Saint Pro vs Firechicken and the like. (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101006)

smyith 01-23-2014 02:50 PM

Saint Pro vs Firechicken and the like.

so I need to fullfill my plastic addiction. I don't want a Firebird since I throw one now and don't care to stock up on backups. I been waiting for Legacy to come out with their version...but that could be awhile. I would prefer to support the smaller DG companies and was wondering what the thoughts are on comparison of the other fairway OS drivers are, prefer to avoid Discraft and Innova. It's tempting to wait for the FD2 but my patience is growing thin...haha.

How do the different Saint Pros fly compared to each other? are they easier to stand up flat for a longer time? do they develop a turn quickly or like a champ firebird never develop the turn?

Titan037 01-23-2014 02:55 PM

Saint pro is more comparable to a teebird...XXX is what you are looking for to compare to the firebird.

dekdo 01-23-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan037 (Post 2328150)
Saint pro is more comparable to a teebird...XXX is what you are looking for to compare to the firebird.

This. Havent tried a saint pro.. but I have a couple on the way for this reason.

The XXX is amazing, but you did say you wanted to support smaller companies.. so idk what to tell you lol

smyith 01-23-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

really?? i thought the Saint was supposed to be the Teebird comparison....sigh....XXX feels amazing in the hand but flies like a turd for me...guess I'll have to wait for DD to do theirs to get one that flies like it is supposed to.

didn't i see somewhere that the old predator mold is a DGA mold now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekdo (Post 2328157)
The XXX is amazing, but you did say you wanted to support smaller companies.. so idk what to tell you lol

i guess i should phrase that differently....i dont want to directly support innova or discraft, but would buy from their partners (Millennium, DGA, Discmania), and Lat64 and company are still the lil guys imo....just look in a avg chuckers hand

DannyThunders 01-23-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smyith (Post 2328143)
I would prefer to support the smaller DG companies and was wondering what the thoughts are on comparison of the other fairway OS drivers are, prefer to avoid Discraft and Innova. It's tempting to wait for the FD2 but my patience is growing thin...haha.

You know the FD2 is made by Innova right?

clard 01-23-2014 02:59 PM

I love the Xxx and the trident. I almost think the trident is more comparable to a firebird. XXXs are crazy OS in my experience.

AndyJB 01-23-2014 03:01 PM

Well as it turns out, I have a very handy video for you, ready to go:

Hucking Aces: Saint Pro vs. other OS drivers

drblam 01-23-2014 03:03 PM

The trident is a trident, and the trident is amazing.

I try not to compare it to anything else (though it may fly like others) because it doesn't feel like anything else on the market anywhere.

Mark_it_a_zero_dude 01-23-2014 03:06 PM

Not super overstable but you could try a mvp resistor or shock if you want something faster

@iDiscGolf 01-23-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

2nd that.