Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   THE Roc3 Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121535)

Streets 04-04-2016 12:19 PM

THE Roc3 Thread

Since all the Rancho Roc throwers were getting salty, here is a thread to discuss all things Roc3.

Aim For The Chains 04-04-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 2941905)
Yeah, those Roc3 guys in the mythical Roc thread can't take a hint. We should just post links to here when they get going. :|

lol.

SD86 04-04-2016 12:32 PM

Roc3 = excellent disc.

:popcorn:

IllustratorVir 04-04-2016 12:39 PM

I am throwing a Roc3 in addition to my Core/Comet and it is a great compliment. For my throwing style, it is versatile which is a nice surprise. I have ~360-380 max golf power and I can manipulate the Roc3 within any distance between 150-275. I am really enjoying it so far.

Enrico 04-04-2016 02:01 PM

How stable is Star Roc3? It felt great in hand, way better than Champion Roc3, but I'm wondering how would it fit between Sanny/Brinster Q-Sentinels and DX Roc3's/Rocs.

SD86 04-04-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrico (Post 2977871)
How stable is Star Roc3? It felt great in hand, way better than Champion Roc3, but I'm wondering how would it fit between Sanny/Brinster Q-Sentinels and DX Roc3's/Rocs.

I have several Star Roc3s, both soft and firm Star plastic, as well as several Champion Roc3s, a couple of McPro Roc3s, a Metal Flake Roc3, a DX Roc3, and GStar Roc3s (that I never throw).

ALL of them fly virtually the same: straight flight then dump fade. The Metal Flake is a bit more OS than the others, but not by all that much. My DX has very quickly seasoned into a near fadeless disc with a wee bit of turn. The McPros have seasoned in to being straight with little to no fade. The Star and Champ Roc3s hold their flight patterns longer than the McPros and DX Roc3s.

To answer your question, I would say "Yes, Star fits between the Brinsters and the (fresh) DXs."

MrGlass01 04-04-2016 03:03 PM

Champ and star roc3 are identical in flight. There are some domey star roc3 that fly more overstable. Flat ones feel amazing and fly very similar to champs.

Streets 04-04-2016 03:44 PM

I'm extremely happy they decided to make production run Dx Roc3s. I liked the mold but not having an easily available base version was kind of a deal breaker. Now, I'm breaking one in and it's become an amazing midrange.

eric40817 04-04-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 2977939)
I'm extremely happy they decided to make production run Dx Roc3s. I liked the mold but not having an easily available base version was kind of a deal breaker. Now, I'm breaking one in and it's become an amazing midrange.

Is there any comparison to the Mc Pros? I love my champs but I simply cant break one in fast enough to have multiples. I love the flight of my McPro when new, and it has seasoned in to a beautiful flyer, just starting to show a tick of late in its flight. Because McPros are what, 20-30 bucks now, and champs are too durable to season in anything short of a year or two, I bag other molds to fill the spots Id like a seasoned Roc3 to fill (Claymore, Tursas).

Kevdude82 04-04-2016 04:52 PM

I threw in a champ F2 in my innova factory store order a few months ago, to try one out and see what all the fuss is about. Love the disc! Nice straight, long flight with just the right amount of fade at the end. I'm curious to hear from everyone on how the dx roc3's work out with the breaking in & cycling, in comparison to the regular rocs. I'm still throwing sharks for my mids, but am open to the idea of converting over to roc3's.