Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pro Tour Live Coverage (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133520)

RootsDiscGolf 02-28-2019 11:56 AM

Pro Tour Live Coverage

The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?

Flick Maniac 02-28-2019 12:05 PM

What absolute rubbish.

HarkeyPuck 02-28-2019 12:08 PM

They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.

RootsDiscGolf 02-28-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck (Post 3422913)
They could’ve at least ironed the sheet behind Val & Nate.

I was thinking the same thing, at least iron the sheet. Its really became a sheet show.. Sorry I couldn't stop myself.

Horsman 02-28-2019 12:09 PM

I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT

Myke566 02-28-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf (Post 3422906)
The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?

Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks :thmbdown:

Chiefstang 02-28-2019 12:13 PM

Well, they ended the stream and disabled the comments lol.

RootsDiscGolf 02-28-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsman (Post 3422916)
I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT

To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..

RootsDiscGolf 02-28-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myke566 (Post 3422920)
Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks :thmbdown:

This may cause sponsors to cut ties as well...

Horsman 02-28-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootsDiscGolf (Post 3422923)
To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..

Exactly, this just seems cheap to me. The video is bad on its own but with everything else here thats bad, this is just unacceptable. I had optimism and now idk if I will tune into the mens coverage or not with how bad things are.