Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Marie Kondo your bag (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133684)

SonicGuy 03-19-2019 11:07 PM

Marie Kondo your bag

Slam me if this thread has been done but I didn’t see it. If you haven’t heard of Marie Kondo, you are supposed to make sure everything you own “sparks joy” and throw out anything that doesn’t. Of course you have to thank the newly discarded things for their service.

So what discs aren’t sparking your joy anymore? Throw them out and thank them for their service in this thread!

Discs leaving Sonic’s bag: Bullfrog, unreasonably flippy pro wraith, beat to death dx Teebird, AviarX (back to Voodoo for putting)

Thank you for your service discs!

SD86 03-19-2019 11:37 PM

Marie Kondo sounds like someone who manifests good things. :)

I've been doing this "pruning shears of revision" with my bag this Winter. I thank the Cheetah, Colt, Tern, and Destroyer for their service.

BryanBowman 03-20-2019 10:03 AM

i recently started bagging my collector discs, and it's nice to pull out a really cool stamp every now and then...sparks joy haha!

GoobyPls 03-20-2019 11:25 AM

I bought a SuperHero bag a couple of weeks ago and just did this.

Kicked out of tournament bag & relegated to weekly league bag:
Devan Owens Opto-X Sparkle Rivers: too much overlap with my FD's
DoomBird II: Got this from Nate Perkins. Cool-looking disc, but flight overlaps with my 2019 SexyBirds, and SexyBirds are flatter for FH's
Champ Firebird: Completely glideless for my noodle arm, I can't throw this more than 250'

Kicked out completely:
167g G* Wraith: I was using this for headwind distance throws (I don't have the arm for it normally), but it's been flipping in strong headwinds. Will probably just give it away
150g Star Mamba: Wanted this for long turnovers that don't come back, but realized that shot is too unpredictable to be much use

PMantle 03-20-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3430991)
someone who manifests

STAHP

VictorB 03-20-2019 02:24 PM

This is kind of the reason why the banger GT is in my bag for a throwing putter. I just really like throwing it.

Discs I'd take out? Maybe the force. I don't particularly like throwing it, but it serves its purpose on windy days.

Brockness Monster 03-20-2019 02:40 PM

I would end up getting rid of all Firebirds, all Mids and all Star plastic. Probably not going to work out so well.

Streets 03-20-2019 02:41 PM

The 5 or so discs in my bag right now all bring me joy :D

The Albatross 03-20-2019 03:27 PM

Everything in my bag brings me joy. They’re flying discs.

XC_Eddy 03-20-2019 03:40 PM

Maire Kondoing the bag I could maybe handle. Marie Kondo method all the discs I have in the basement? No way.