Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tsunami (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97765)

ViolaBouquet 11-07-2013 09:58 PM

Tsunami

I picked up my first DGA disc. I want to know what other Tsunamis throw like. I love the line mine throws. With a lot of power it turns slightly, and fades slightly to end dead straight. It is a new pro line. I thought these things were suppose to be overstable though. I might have to pick up an ESP predator to fill that OS gap.

TROTTER 11-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnBoucke (Post 2232193)
I picked up my first DGA disc. I want to know what other Tsunamis throw like. I love the line mine throws. With a lot of power it turns slightly, and fades slightly to end dead straight. It is a new pro line. I thought these things were suppose to be overstable though. I might have to pick up an ESP predator to fill that OS gap.

Tsunamis is the old predator mold...

notroman 11-07-2013 10:09 PM

Tsunamis are great! I think they fly similar to a C-PD.

If you want a more overstable flight you'll have to pick up a Predator as you mentioned or a Tsunami in SP plastic. Those SP Tsunamis are beefy.

stupid trees 11-07-2013 10:09 PM

Mine are dead straight with a big'ol sexy fade at the end. Mine are proline but I have heard that the sparkles are more overstable. On an unrelated note, aftershocks and undertows are gangsta.

threevok 11-07-2013 11:02 PM

I have a ProLine 165g. Started out as a meathook and is now dead straight with a big forward fade. Rocked the entire DGA bag today for 54 holes. SP Squall was very nice to me.

ViolaBouquet 11-08-2013 02:26 PM

Would you suggest getting an ESP pred, or an SP Tsunami for the headwind fighter straight driver with medium fade at the end. The Proline, or at least the one I have, Tsunami always S curves, and not the best into the wind.

hendryxdisc 11-08-2013 05:09 PM

If you like the Tsunami throw the Tsunami. I have both esp/z Predators and proline/SP Tsunami's a max weight SP Tsunami will be just as overstable as an esp predator. I like the feel of the SP/Proline myself vs their Discraft cousins so I would vote SP tsunami's over esp predators. But if you want the the most overstable disc in the mold/plastic configurations offered it would be the Z predator.

Plaztik 11-08-2013 06:42 PM

yup. the tsunami was discrafts first attempt at a predator but was not quite as stable as what they were looking for at the time. it was still an awesome thrower so they gave it to dga. sparkle tsunamis are pretty stable but the z predator trumps it on being a wind fighter. i was cycling tsunamis for a while because they are fun when they get tuned up but moved on when i lost some favorites...

ndole 11-08-2013 07:20 PM

Predators aint even overstable compared to a firebird...

Plaztik 11-08-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndole (Post 2233692)
Predators aint even overstable compared to a firebird...

watch yo head on the bridge mr. troll :p