Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Maint. & Equipment (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Old Discatcher Flag Alternatives...? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128965)

davetherocketguy 10-06-2017 06:29 PM

Old Discatcher Flag Alternatives...?

So we have 18 ancient Innova Discatchers and a comment I keep hearing with the fading yellow bands is it would sure be nice to have a flag or something sticking out the top to increase the visibility. Kinda looking to do a home-brew solution to spend as little $$ as possible. Thoughts? Has anyone ever come up with something like that?

brutalbrutus 10-06-2017 09:44 PM

If the baskets are really that old, I'd say get some good bright yellow spray paint and redo the bands.

davetherocketguy 10-06-2017 10:46 PM

True but flags would still be needed in many spots since the basket can't be seen from the tee.

MarkDSM 10-07-2017 12:20 AM

Quick idea...
2 Stainless steel band clamps around the uppermost center pole holding your flag post upright. Would be just a bit off-center but I believe tolerable. Can use the fancy screwdriver adjustable ones to replace broken or worn flags easy later. But chunk of rubber for grip as needed.

da Crippler 10-17-2017 11:14 AM

We have used a traffic cone on top of a basket that couldn't be seen from the tee, it worked great, very visible.

Tripper 10-17-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Crippler (Post 3233852)
We have used a traffic cone on top of a basket that couldn't be seen from the tee, it worked great, very visible.

Where did you buy the traffic cones?

F. Howl 10-17-2017 11:38 AM

At the "World's First" the president of the club just purchased yellow vinyl to wrap the bands. They're printing logos on them for hole sponsorship on a monthly basis.

My local course also does the orange cones for flags. It ended up working great for glow season. Two magnetic larry style LED flashlights, one down on the chains, one up inside the cone.

F. Howl 10-17-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripper (Post 3233863)

Trying to get an admission?:)

They sell them at Home Depot.

da Crippler 10-17-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripper (Post 3233863)

Quote:

Originally Posted by F. Howl (Post 3233870)
Trying to get an admission?:)

They sell them at Home Depot.

I suppose you buy one somewhere, but with so much road construction going on......:D

F. Howl 10-17-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da Crippler (Post 3233900)
I suppose you buy one somewhere, but with so much road construction going on......:D

Ha! Yeah...we bought maybe...4. The rest, well....I've been meaning to call Caltrans and buy are own replacements, but I doubt they'd put them back in rotation. They're barely orange anymore.