Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

@CD- 12-16-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3775455)
Are you thinking there will be another before the end of the year? They’ve crammed so much into the end of this year I’d be surprised if they have one more big drop planned in the next two weeks.

My understanding is the Mystery Boxes are planned for much further in advance. The December box's contents may have shipped across at the same time as the November one. Last year the December box released on the 26th but didn't ship till after New Years.
Prior years final December Black box:
'20 = Tilt
'19 = Razor Claw
'18 = Cloudbreaker

DiscT 12-16-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @CD- (Post 3775496)
My understanding is the Mystery Boxes are planned for much further in advance. The December box's contents may have shipped across at the same time as the November one. Last year the December box released on the 26th but didn't ship till after New Years.
Prior years final December Black box:
'20 = Tilt
'19 = Razor Claw
'18 = Cloudbreaker

Awesome info as I am new to the ??Box. Thanks!

ray1970 12-16-2021 11:44 AM

If we get to speculate about the next mystery box then I’m guessing FD.

If I’m wrong about the FD then I have a second guess that it will be the Sky God 4.

Total speculation on my part so I guess we’ll have to wait a few weeks to see how far off I was.

DiscT 12-16-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3775525)
If we get to speculate about the next mystery box then I’m guessing FD.

If I’m wrong about the FD then I have a second guess that it will be the Sky God 4.

Total speculation on my part so I guess we’ll have to wait a few weeks to see how far off I was.

The fact that DM already has a jump start in FD production that they pushed back to early 2022, I think you’re spot on here. If you follow Simon’s Vlogmas, he threw a “mystery disc,” and it looked like and flew like a fairway driver imo. So I chalk this up to evidence to your theory.

I also think they will wait on Sky God 4 until Simon can have a better, and by better I mean complete and injury-free, season. I think that will be a Signature Series release toward the start of next season.

Discmania_Support 12-16-2021 02:31 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3775088)
funny how to you this is a plus, whereas to other players it might be a negative. not knocking you at all! I've just seen a fair number of complaints this year about how they don't throw this or that from a mystery box

The Mystery Box in practice is the perfect way to try out something new. When it once began, it was a method of liquidating some slower moving inventory but now it has become so much more. And, stale inventory isn't really a thing anymore. These discs are produced specifically for Mystery Boxes and although there aren't piles of signature discs in them, are really quite special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3775095)
Agreed. A lot of reviews indicate how upset people were that there weren’t more “special” gems, but I don’t have a reference point to how common that actually is. Jussi said it was their best box ever, but that seems hard to believe. I totally get that they’re just starting off with their new in-house production, but I wonder why they didn’t save that kind of hype for when they had the firepower to back it up. But then again…it’s Discmania!

All feedback is welcomed. However, boxes in the past have traditionally contained only one special disc as the featured item and the rest can be specialty stamped but not often new blends of plastics before they are released publicly. This year brought a total of six never-before-seen variations including the Extra Soft Logic, Lux Vapor Method, new colors of Lux Instinct and Neo Enigma, Neo Tactic, and C-Line MD1. That's quite a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3775456)
Discmania, may I have a brief word with the stamp-color-disc-color coordinator?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1639627282

Good? Bad? That Ghost Shatter one is awesome! :hfive:

Flick Maniac 12-16-2021 02:39 PM

Yeah based on previous years I'd say you can count on another MB drop. Right after Xmas likely.

ray1970 12-16-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3775537)
I also think they will wait on Sky God 4 until Simon can have a better, and by better I mean complete and injury-free, season. I think that will be a Signature Series release toward the start of next season.

I will disagree with your assessment. If he didn’t play a tournament all season his signature discs would still sell out. No reason to put off making money for everyone involved. Also, Eagle just had his signature disc released so it stands to reason the next signature disc will be Simon’s. They are already set up to mold the P2 so all they have to do is switch plastic and they’re off and running.

@CD- 12-16-2021 04:07 PM

Q4 has been pretty hectic with all the DM releases, looking at DM store emails:
C-line MD3 - Oct 20
Artic Fang - Oct 27 (Evo line)
Razor Claw 2 - Nov 3 (Evo line)
Midnight Prowl - shipped mid/late Nov after Oct pre-orders (Evo line)
Zen - Nov 23 (Evo line)
Black Fri Mystery Box w/ C-line MD1 - Nov 26
Cloudbreaker 3 - Dec 15

December Mystery Box - ~Dec 25th?

Jolt 12-18-2021 12:34 PM

In not to long we will have a "Mystery Box of the month or week" it´s a great way to get discs of the shelves.

They get $99 for one disc that people want, , same with all the Lat64 Royal boxes

B The V 12-20-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3775789)
In not to long we will have a "Mystery Box of the month or week" it´s a great way to get discs of the shelves.

They get $99 for one disc that people want, , same with all the Lat64 Royal boxes

Probably not, but it's ok if they do because you don't have to buy them.

robdeforge 12-22-2021 09:06 AM

McMahon Edition Mystery Box - December 27

https://www.discmania.net/pages/mysterybox

Quote:

This years Black Box - McMahon Edition Mystery Box includes:


• TWO Rainmakers (Flex 2 & Flex 3)
• +150% value for your money

•7 other mystery discs
video about the Rainmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-lhBpnqMCY

Quote:

The Rainmaker is a putter designed by none other than Eagle McMahon, one of the most deadliest players on the putting green. Eagle got the opportunity to design a disc of his dreams and he used it well, by designing the world’s best putting putter. The Rainmaker is a slightly lower profile, straighter and beveled version of a P2.

“What makes the Rainmaker special to me is the fact I was heavily involved in the design process. The Rainmaker represents everything I want in a putter. I will primarily use it for putting, but the shape of the disc also makes it an incredible point and shoot throwing putter with great glide." -Eagle McMahon

The Rainmaker is a Creator Series mold, meaning it’s reserved exclusively for Eagle McMahon releases.

DiscT 12-22-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdeforge (Post 3776372)
McMahon Edition Mystery Box - December 27

https://www.discmania.net/pages/mysterybox



video about the Rainmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-lhBpnqMCY

So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it’s Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

seedlings 12-22-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3776381)
So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it’s Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

I think Eagle and Simon both wanted slightly less stable P2s. Simon has frequently putted, missed, exclaiming “that is so stable”. Says shallower, less overstable. Meh. I have two Cloudbreaker 3 and four new P2. I’ll pass.


(maybe)

ray1970 12-22-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3776381)
So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it’s Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

I think any of their discs going forward that are made in their factory (i.e., not by Yikun or Latitude) are going to be their “originals”.

Whatever this putter is that Eagle “created” is probably based off of their new P2 mold. I doubt they would go through the trouble of trying to build a new mold to recreate the P1 or whatever that Innova used to make for them. My real guess is that during the making of their new P2 mold there was some trial and error and this putter was part of that experimentation and Eagle happened to think it was kind of cool.

Obviously this is all total speculation on my part.

robdeforge 12-22-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3776381)
So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it’s Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

DM says:
Quote:

The Rainmaker is a slightly lower profile, straighter and beveled version of a P2.

Agarner14 12-22-2021 10:46 AM

For Discmania Support:

A couple questions about the eagle mystery box:

1. For those who snagged the black friday box - how much of the eagle box contents will be similar? What are the chances of ending up with similar discs between the two boxes?
2. I'm assuming we'll be seeing a production run of the rainmaker at some point. It would be a shame to fall in love with a putter only to see it limited to special releases. What is the word on that?

Lastly,

When is DM going to let out another production update? I think most of us are curious what the rest of the winter is going to look like.

And for the record I really hope DM goes through with the idea of a membership club of some sort. I'd be very interested in that.

Happy Holidays

Jolt 12-22-2021 12:29 PM

Feels pointless to have a putter you can´t buy backups for..

Could be a nice disc but no way i wpuld try it until it´s a stock disc

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

DiscT 12-22-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776418)
Feels pointless to have a putter you can´t buy backups for..

Could be a nice disc but no way i wpuld try it until it´s a stock disc

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

It was definitely rough for a while, but things are swinging back. You can find the stock releases that they’ve done regularly (mainly P2 and md3), and it will only continue to get better. Time to get that DM back in your bag!

Agarner14 12-22-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776418)
Feels pointless to have a putter you can´t buy backups for..

Could be a nice disc but no way i wpuld try it until it´s a stock disc

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

I couldn't agree with this more. The "Rainmaker" is probably pretty sweet, but what happens when you loose it or it breaks? Everything from DM this year suggests that they are building towards more consistency and stability not only with special releases, but also with stock runs. Obviously that takes time and the current supply shortages from COVID don't help. I think the next couple of years will be big for DM in terms of rebuilding a brand that players can depend upon to always have discs in stock.

Discmania_Support 12-22-2021 02:11 PM

Discmania Support Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3776381)
So is this a P1 or a P2-2? They say it’s Originals, but their approach here is confusing.

Think Eagle will actually putt with them in tournaments? Even when the new P2s dropped he was still putting with the old ones. And why no Imperial Eagles?! So many questions.

It's a Rainmaker! Eagle has created these and it will not be a P2. Similarities for sure, but it's a Rainmaker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarner14 (Post 3776394)
For Discmania Support:

A couple questions about the eagle mystery box:

1. For those who snagged the black friday box - how much of the eagle box contents will be similar? What are the chances of ending up with similar discs between the two boxes?
2. I'm assuming we'll be seeing a production run of the rainmaker at some point. It would be a shame to fall in love with a putter only to see it limited to special releases. What is the word on that?

Lastly,

When is DM going to let out another production update? I think most of us are curious what the rest of the winter is going to look like.

And for the record I really hope DM goes through with the idea of a membership club of some sort. I'd be very interested in that.

Happy Holidays

Good questions. The second box will be entirely different than the first. There may be one disc found from the previous one inside but everything else should not be the same. It's very possible that you could receive a similar misprint but that is tough to predict.

Rainmaker 100% will be a full release. These are special versions and may have variance compared to production stamps but rest assured that you'll be able to buy more of them next year.

Production update should be posted early January most likely. Thanks for your patience!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776418)
Feels pointless to have a putter you can´t buy backups for..

Could be a nice disc but no way i wpuld try it until it´s a stock disc

I really like the Discmania disc i have, but i don´t bag a single one anymore. . i just don´t want to bag disc i can´t replace

Rainmaker will absolutely be produced as a full-scale signature release, don't worry!

Agarner14 12-22-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discmania_Support (Post 3776446)
It's a Rainmaker! Eagle has created these and it will not be a P2. Similarities for sure, but it's a Rainmaker



Good questions. The second box will be entirely different than the first. There may be one disc found from the previous one inside but everything else should not be the same. It's very possible that you could receive a similar misprint but that is tough to predict.

Rainmaker 100% will be a full release. These are special versions and may have variance compared to production stamps but rest assured that you'll be able to buy more of them next year.

Production update should be posted early January most likely. Thanks for your patience!



Rainmaker will absolutely be produced as a full-scale signature release, don't worry!

You guys are epic. Now all I am waiting for is the Discmania calendar for my desk and exam rooms.

Jolt 12-22-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3776419)
It was definitely rough for a while, but things are swinging back. You can find the stock releases that they’ve done regularly (mainly P2 and md3), and it will only continue to get better. Time to get that DM back in your bag!

The only mold in stock now is the P2, and thats great.
I have a big stack of S-line and Simons P2s. . even a MF C-line so the P2 is the one i could bag.
I only have one of the Glow MD3s and one of the new ones. . having a hard time Throwing that Glow one. . dont want to loose it
Glow MD4 i have alot of. . MD5 a handful.. .amd Luster. S-line FDs...one of the old P3

but then it gets hard. .
I only have one of the old Fd2s. .my fD3s are gone. . gave away all my FDs in a weak moment.
Only have ine DDx i can throw. . have an Aussie open one but thats one of the few discs i own that i have and will newer throw.
And the PD2s are gone.

So i could bag P2, MD4, MD5 and FD. . the rest is so rare so i dont dare to throw them.

I did as i write this put the Simon Glow MD4 back. . is the "better Buzzz OS" it feels more like a buzzz than the Buzz OS does.

I hope they come back...like the brand and the discs. . . .but they have made the disc som rare that you cant throw them

Jolt 12-22-2021 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found one more...this Blend of S-line is the best Discmania have ever done.
DDx and PD
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1640202956

DanJon 12-22-2021 04:33 PM

The Rainmaker sounds like a regular Aviar PnA.

Muddyboots 12-22-2021 04:47 PM

Sounds strikingly similar to a Logic, to me......

robdeforge 12-22-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776453)
The only mold in stock now is the P2, and thats great.
I have a big stack of S-line and Simons P2s. . even a MF C-line so the P2 is the one i could bag.
I only have one of the Glow MD3s and one of the new ones. . having a hard time Throwing that Glow one. . dont want to loose it
Glow MD4 i have alot of. . MD5 a handful.. .amd Luster. S-line FDs...one of the old P3

but then it gets hard. .
I only have one of the old Fd2s. .my fD3s are gone. . gave away all my FDs in a weak moment.
Only have ine DDx i can throw. . have an Aussie open one but thats one of the few discs i own that i have and will newer throw.
And the PD2s are gone.

So i could bag P2, MD4, MD5 and FD. . the rest is so rare so i dont dare to throw them.

I did as i write this put the Simon Glow MD4 back. . is the "better Buzzz OS" it feels more like a buzzz than the Buzz OS does.

I hope they come back...like the brand and the discs. . . .but they have made the disc som rare that you cant throw them

haven't been able to stop myself from throwing my color glow md3 even though I know I could sell it and finance purchase of like 4+ more discs. but it looks cool and I like how it feels and throws! and I got a couple color glow chariots for backups which seem super similar so I say throw it ;)

DiscT 12-22-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddyboots (Post 3776494)
Sounds strikingly similar to a Logic, to me......

I thought the same thing, and Simon said on Vlogmas that he considered putting with Logics.

robdeforge 12-22-2021 06:22 PM

I noticed that Jussi stopped by the reddit post about the next mystery box to add some more info about various things

Quote:

We are running multiple machines as we speak, but we are still around 60% of the planned capacity. During the next two months, our goal is to get majority of the production into boats. This year, we air-shipped almost all our European production to the US, so we could have at least some discs to offer. Worth noting that we got our first machine in around 9 months ago!

We are currently stockpiling inventory. We have more inventory in the US floor than ever, ready to be lauched early 2022. Our supply next year will be dramatically larger than 2021....

Rainmaker is little shallower and more blunt than the P2. The disc has been sent to the PDGA and we should get the approval around New Year....

Next CB will be most likely $29.99...

Black Edition Mystery box has featured following discs in the last four years:

2017: galactic P2 2018: Prototype Cloud Breaker 2019: Broken Razor Claw 2020: Creator Series Tilt

If you have followed this, you should know that our Black Edition Box is The box to get. Each Black Edition Box has multiple times the face value after the release. Many people use them as throwers with 150% value, but many collect these editions.

Majority of this Black Edition Box is not Active line. Also, these Black Boxes generally do not share same discs than people got from Red Boxes...

In response to "CD2s.... Please???": Its your lucky day, that disc is in the mold-making-process

discerdoo 12-22-2021 07:26 PM

This thread has gotten more lively, the Discmaniacs are restless.

Jolt 12-23-2021 12:53 AM

OO $29.99 for a base plastic putter. . .new record?

Flick Maniac 12-23-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776554)
OO $29.99 for a base plastic putter. . .new record?

Where did it say that?

Jolt 12-23-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3776566)
Where did it say that?

I read the quote wrong, it was the QB that cost $30

Jolt 12-25-2021 12:01 PM

Looking at Eagles Video about the Design i still don´t really understand Why Tomas Ekström of Lat64 designs Dismanias discs.. . It´s an Discmania Original designed by Lat64?!

ray1970 12-25-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776853)
Looking at Eagles Video about the Design i still don´t really understand Why Tomas Ekström of Lat64 designs Dismanias discs.. . It´s an Discmania Original designed by Lat64?!


I don’t think anyone at Discmania has any actual experience designing a disc mold. I could be wrong but I bet they’re happy to have someone willing to help.

Jolt 12-25-2021 01:18 PM

So Dave at Innova designed the P2 and now Tomas at Lat 64 is re-designing Daves original.
Still feels like Lat64 is involved in Discmania in more ways than just the design.

I guess Tomas gets payed, but i still don´t know WHY he design competitors discs. . .but maybe he has a stake in Discmania

Skervoy 12-25-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776863)
So Dave at Innova designed the P2 and now Tomas at Lat 64 is re-designing Daves original.
Still feels like Lat64 is involved in Discmania in more ways than just the design.

I guess Tomas gets payed, but i still don´t know WHY he design competitors discs. . .but maybe he has a stake in Discmania


Considering Lat64 still produces the Evo line, both factories are close by each other, the fact that they are "norrlänningar", it is a seasoned pro at both the actual game and design I think it would seem perfectly normal that he is brought over for a beer and some design work.

elmexdela 12-25-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray1970 (Post 3776858)
I don’t think anyone at Discmania has any actual experience designing a disc mold. I could be wrong but I bet they’re happy to have someone willing to help.

lolololol

Emoney 12-25-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3776863)
So Dave at Innova designed the P2 and now Tomas at Lat 64 is re-designing Daves original.
Still feels like Lat64 is involved in Discmania in more ways than just the design.

I guess Tomas gets payed, but i still don´t know WHY he design competitors discs. . .but maybe he has a stake in Discmania

Quad-ilogy?

Discmania mine as well be part of trilogy at this point.

BillFleming 12-25-2021 09:39 PM

According to the web....Discmania's Evolution discs are made by Latitude 64.

Discgolf.ultiworld.com/livewire/discmania-launch-new-product-lines-latitude-64-yikun/

krooster 12-25-2021 11:31 PM

Still hoping for some word on a P1 or P1x. I don't care which one but I hope at least one of them is coming back at some point!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.