Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Micah511 02-15-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hendryxdisc (Post 3138884)
Anybody know if there are any flatter runners of JL Md2? I know the discmania store has JL md2 but they have some dome.

i have one of these im looking to sell, PM me. its a 170 green flat one.

nitzua 02-16-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_G (Post 3139153)
I love P3's. I putt with non 1st run D's and throw C and S-Lines for up shots. I wish they would make some in stif pro plastic.

I would kill for a p line P3.

Anthony_G 02-17-2017 01:30 PM

Hear that Discmania? Don't make someone have to kill for one. Just make some P-Line P3's and nobody will have to die. :D

Um... 02-17-2017 01:50 PM

ColorglowFD'spleaseandthankyou.

ferretdance03 02-17-2017 02:41 PM

D line MD3, pretty please?

mgamache8 02-17-2017 05:22 PM

why is the PDx being delayed until 2018? To build up the hype? I'm definitely not one to question Discmanias marketing strategy, but I don't really understand why Discmania wouldn't do it soon to play off the hype this disc is getting? Just don't really understand . Clarification would be great

Rol6566 02-17-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgamache8 (Post 3140919)
why is the PDx being delayed until 2018? To build up the hype? I'm definitely not one to question Discmanias marketing strategy, but I don't really understand why Discmania wouldn't do it soon to play off the hype this disc is getting? Just don't really understand . Clarification would be great

They want to keep them as CFR and tourney fundraisers. Kinda like what Innova did with champ rocs for years with the USDGC

Flick Maniac 02-18-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulligan (Post 3139038)
Where was this announcement?

Jussis Twitter

SuperScrub 02-18-2017 03:00 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that the TDx is going to be a turning driver, except with positive turn? Lol, the stego is 3 1 +1 +4. 11 4 +.5 5?

Jenga54 02-18-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperScrub (Post 3141190)
Am I the only one who thinks that the TDx is going to be a turning driver, except with positive turn? Lol, the stego is 3 1 +1 +4. 11 4 +.5 5?

Just goes against their convention when FD CD DD PD and the stable to overstable lines

Flick Maniac 02-19-2017 03:46 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQrCMzrBByi/

Speed 13 driver.

Jenga54 02-19-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3141390)

Huh.

Well TDx would suggest something more understable than the DDx, like a Tern but the bigger gap I think is between the DDx and PD2

DanJon 02-19-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3141390)


I'm guessing 13/6/-4/1

Flippier Daedalus?

Dr.Smooth 02-19-2017 11:12 PM

big disappoint for me cause I was hoping for an fdx.

man, isn't the speed 13 market so saturated but they sell period.

got make money yo to have a company.

OB Four 02-20-2017 06:36 AM

Wonder how much FD3 sales are about to surge after word of mcbeth throwing them spreads.

hurricaine 02-20-2017 08:08 AM

is it in the winter time open vids?


Quote:

Originally Posted by OB Four (Post 3141579)
Wonder how much FD3 sales are about to surge after word of mcbeth throwing them spreads.


DinosaurThunder 02-20-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricaine (Post 3141595)
is it in the winter time open vids?

Yes - it's referenced twice in the second round pt2 video I believe. He throws it on backhand flex line and the CCDG guys say he removed the firebird for it.

I'm guessing he doesn't need the beef from the firebird and needs something with more play that will still fade back. FD3 makes a perfect flex shot disc.

Micah511 02-20-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 3141613)
Yes - it's referenced twice in the second round pt2 video I believe. He throws it on backhand flex line and the CCDG guys say he removed the firebird for it.

I'm guessing he doesn't need the beef from the firebird and needs something with more play that will still fade back. FD3 makes a perfect flex shot disc.

he seemed displeased with the firebird during the aussie open so this isnt surprising hes trying out something else in that slot.

Flick Maniac 02-23-2017 01:42 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1U2QMDBWu

Okay so one of the drivers is def going to be a Konopiste fundraiser.

DinosaurThunder 02-27-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth (Post 3141552)
big disappoint for me cause I was hoping for an fdx.

Time for a re-tooled whippet:

Whippet wing and FD top? Maybe one with a mild dome like a third run :popcorn:

I dont think you could do a FD wing and whippet top, that sounds like it would be an FD2 lol

Mulligan 02-27-2017 09:42 PM

Discmania needs to recreate the OLF 1.1
Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

Um... 02-27-2017 09:55 PM

That's a PD in Discmania-land.
You're welcome. :p

Mulligan 02-27-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um... (Post 3145575)
That's a PD in Discmania-land.
You're welcome. :p

Not the same thing... just sayin.

SD86 02-27-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah511 (Post 3141617)
he seemed displeased with the firebird during the aussie open so this isnt surprising hes trying out something else in that slot.

McBeth was unhappy with the Firebird before, and tried the Monster. Then he tried the Sexton Firebird, then the FD3 showed up in his bag. McBeth and Firebirds have never gotten along that well, apparently. Maybe the FD3 will get 'er done for him.

Dr.Smooth 02-28-2017 10:25 AM

firebird and fd3 are so similar I can't see that it would make that big of a difference

ChainoutStar 02-28-2017 11:34 AM

Maybe a lack of '4x World Champion Paul Mcbeth' on the stamp makes discs feel wrong in his hand.

Anthony_G 02-28-2017 02:02 PM

Discmania needs to recreate the OLF 1.1
Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

I thought the OLF was a Wraith top FB bottom.. Just like the Thunderbird.
PD is a discmania "anhyzer top" and FB bottom. PD generally fade harder than the OLF and thunderbird.

DanJon 02-28-2017 02:33 PM

I always thought the Teerex top was very similar to the anhyzer top.

Mulligan 02-28-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_G (Post 3145902)
Discmania needs to recreate the OLF 1.1
Teerex top, FB bottom.
Thank me later.

I thought the OLF was a Wraith top FB bottom.. Just like the Thunderbird.
PD is a discmania "anhyzer top" and FB bottom. PD generally fade harder than the OLF and thunderbird.

1.1 were Teerex top and FB bottom, all the rest are the Wraith/FB.
(That run of star plastic was also pretty great... stiff and tough)

I only use 1.1 SOLFs and they have a lot more glide and hook up much more at the end then many, if not all, PDs I have thrown.
Its definitely a different disc from the other OLFs, which are good, but not as great IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3145924)
I always thought the Teerex top was very similar to the anhyzer top.

I've wondered that myself, but then the PD ought to be more similar.
Apparently the Teerex changed too, so there may be different tops for that as well...
My wife has a 150 class Teerex and the top does look a lot like the 150 class SOLFs I have.


Whatever sorcery created the 1.1. SOLF (AKA "SOF") its was money and should be recreated!

skizzle34 03-01-2017 12:57 PM

So since Simon said the early runs of swirly PD2s were the money run how do we go about finding these?

Streets 03-01-2017 12:59 PM

What are the mold parts the MD is made up of? It feels like a JL Mako (OG not the Mako3).

notroman 03-01-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzle34 (Post 3146454)
So since Simon said the early runs of swirly PD2s were the money run how do we go about finding these?

They were all CFR as far as I know. Find any swirly PD2s from late 2015/early 2016 and they should be it. You'll know you got the right one because they're pretty flat.

They're only a money run if you're looking for distance out of your PD2. They're quite a bit less overstable than your normal PD2 and therefore have a greater distance potential out of the bag. I've thrown other S-line PD2s that fly similar but I guess it's easier to source the early swirly PD2s than try to find an S-line from a specific run that may or may not be flippy.

If you're looking for an overstable PD2 then the early swirlies are not the money run.

edit - to add to that, I think it's funny that Simon says he won't throw Destroyers because they're too flippy but he loves these swirly PD2s. Those Swirly PD2s are similar in stability to the last AJ run before they switched the stamp to McBeth. The current McBeth Destroyers are more overstable than the early swirly PD2.

skizzle34 03-01-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notroman (Post 3146463)
They were all CFR as far as I know. Find any swirly PD2s from late 2015/early 2016 and they should be it. You'll know you got the right one because they're pretty flat.

They're only a money run if you're looking for distance out of your PD2. They're quite a bit less overstable than your normal PD2 and therefore have a greater distance potential out of the bag. I've thrown other S-line PD2s that fly similar but I guess it's easier to source the early swirly PD2s than try to find an S-line from a specific run that may or may not be flippy.

If you're looking for an overstable PD2 then the early swirlies are not the money run.

edit - to add to that, I think it's funny that Simon says he won't throw Destroyers because they're too flippy but he loves these swirly PD2s. Those Swirly PD2s are similar in stability to the last AJ run before they switched the stamp to McBeth. The current McBeth Destroyers are more overstable than the early swirly PD2.

Almost to 100% DM other than 2 hold over destroyers that I am trying to work out of the bag with a less stable PD2 so those would be ideal

clard 03-01-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzle34 (Post 3146490)
Almost to 100% DM other than 2 hold over destroyers that I am trying to work out of the bag with a less stable PD2 so those would be ideal

The current run of S PD2 that are soft are likely what you want. Definitely on the less OS end and will develop some turn pretty quickly while retaining decent fade. I have some of the early, swirly PD2s Simon is talking about and I'd say the current S lines start off just a hair less stable.

tampabay 03-01-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clard (Post 3146529)
The current run of S PD2 that are soft are likely what you want. Definitely on the less OS end and will develop some turn pretty quickly while retaining decent fade. I have some of the early, swirly PD2s Simon is talking about and I'd say the current S lines start off just a hair less stable.

I'll second that. I have a stock s line PD2 that is pretty soft and while it is still a PD2 it's no where near the lusters or current run of swirls. wayyyy different.

Flick Maniac 03-02-2017 06:18 AM

200 pages of Official Ask Discmania thread! *yay*

tampabay 03-02-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedavenger (Post 3146762)
200 pages of Official Ask Discmania thread! *yay*

bro....turn up your posts per page. I'm on page 50 ;)

Flick Maniac 03-02-2017 11:44 AM

But 200 is like 4x cooler :D

Hyzer Ale 03-07-2017 04:16 PM

Any chance that we'll see more swirly FD3s? I like the C-line, but prefer the Swirly S.

Ericf 03-07-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale (Post 3149131)
Any chance that we'll see more swirly FD3s? I like the C-line, but prefer the Swirly S.

They just put up some Lizotte stamped ones on the Discmania Store.

Description says they are flatter then normal which could be interesting, since they probably get more OS like flat Firebird's.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.