Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rules Questions & Discussion (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Scorecard Penalties (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121911)

teemkey 04-25-2016 02:40 AM

Scorecard Penalties

Enhanced story, based on a real situation.

Player C had inherited the scorecard and took the scores on 18. But as the scores are being totaled a thunderstorm breaks out and the players run to their cars for shelter. Player C gets to his car, starts it up, turns on the heater and changes into dry socks & shirt, checks that he has 90 minutes before the round 2 player's meeting, and drives off to get a hot lunch.

When player C shows up 5 minutes before the players meeting the other players ask if he turned in the card ... C runs to the TD and gives him the card, but too late -- 2 strokes for all!

However C made errors totaling the scores for players A & B.

So are A & B penalized 4 throws, or is this a situation where you only apply the worst penalty?

JoakimBL 04-25-2016 03:32 AM

I would say 4 penalty throws. This is two seperate violations that has nothing to do we each other, not like a several penalties on the same throw.

JC17393 04-25-2016 08:52 AM

Two throws only.

Incorrect and late scorecards are penalized per the same rule, it doesn't have to be applied twice in the same instance.

JoakimBL 04-25-2016 09:10 AM

How do you figure that JC?
Quote:

All players are responsible for returning their scorecards within 30 minutes of the completion of a round. The round has been officially completed for all competitors when the last group on the course has completed their final hole and has had, in the Director's opinion, reasonable time to travel from their final hole to tournament headquarters. Failure to turn in the scorecard on time shall result in the assessment of two penalty throws, without a warning, to each player listed on the late scorecard.
H. After the scorecard is turned in, the total score as recorded shall stand with no appeal, except for the following circumstances: 1. Penalty throws may be assessed at whatever time the infraction is discovered until the Director declares the tournament officially over or all awards have been distributed.
2. If it is determined that the total score was incorrectly recorded, either by an error on a hole score or by an error in totaling the hole scores, including omission of the total score, the director shall add two penalty throws to the correct total score. These penalty throws are not added when the Director corrects a player's score for other infractions determined after the player had turned in an otherwise correct scorecard.

It's two completely different violations. Isn't that like saying you can only ever be penalized for one OB on the same hole, as it is the same rule?

chris deitzel 04-25-2016 09:12 AM

+4 all day and some really mad people...

JoakimBL 04-25-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

801.01 Application of the RulesA throw or an action that is subject to penalty under more than one rule shall be marked and/or penalized in accordance with the rule that results in the most penalty throws, or, among rules that call for an equal penalty, the rule that was first violated.
In your words, it is the same rule, so the above doesn't apply, even if it was the same action, but I contest that failing to turn in your scorecard, and having an incorrect score is the same action. As such I still believe it shoud be 4 penalty throws.

stevefolfer 04-25-2016 11:16 AM

Each player is responsible for making sure their own correctly added score card is turned in on time. Bonehead move by player C but ultimately it is each players mistake.

kenjiac 04-25-2016 11:45 AM

This should only happen once to a player they will learn fast that they need to be responsible for their scorecard. I make a habit of stopping my group from walking off after the last hole to take 5 mins add up all the scores, have players check and double check and then make sure that the card is going with someone who is going right to tourney central to turn it in.

biscoe 04-25-2016 11:58 AM

i am in the plus 4 camp on this one- two different infractions.

Pwingles 04-25-2016 12:17 PM

unfortunate circumstance all around, player C owes A and B a sixer imo