Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26085)

great white buffalo 12-18-2010 09:43 PM

What is a circle 5

agent_peebody 12-18-2010 09:44 PM

what's the best windy day putter?

Noill 12-18-2010 09:44 PM

I'm dyslexic.. my discs always go left.

srry.

Oh and I'm a rightie. TIA

optidiscic 12-18-2010 09:44 PM

Frank is a flex the same as a helix shot

Noill 12-18-2010 09:45 PM

What's a noob?

Frank Delicious 12-18-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.Cann (Post 619178)
Serious Question: What do people mean when they say they're playing "skins"?

"skins" or match play is a way of playing disc golf where people to compete to win a hole. Each hole counts as one skin. The person with the lowest score on the hole takes the hole. If two people tie on the lowest score, the skin for the hole carries forward (so on the next hole you will be playing for two skins) or cancels out. How tied holes are handled is agreed upon by everyone playing before the round starts. Let me know if I need to expound on something more.

agent_peebody 12-18-2010 09:46 PM

ooOOHHH! i got a good one:

what is Parting Line Height?

jhgonzo 12-18-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optidiscic (Post 619179)
I think a lot of guys are gonna pick frank s brain and pretend to be facetious sarcastic but secretly have been afraid to ask along LOL I'm loving this

We can't expect Frank to pick his own brain for all the dumb n00b questions he's read! This should be stickied, but then again BroD's n00b primer thread was sticky-worthy, too...for a while.

Until I joined DGCR, I always thought the "bead" was literally the little nub of plastic in the center of the underside of the disc (left from some kind of centrifugal spinning process, I assume?). :doh:

I also used to think that all the Innova discs with marine life for the name (Shark, Stingray, et al) were floater discs...I never tested this, just believed what I was told by other n00bs when I started playing.

Frank Delicious 12-18-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great white buffalo (Post 619188)
What is a circle 5

A circle 5 is a score on the hole where the person went out of bounds once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent_peebody (Post 619191)
what's the best windy day putter?

The putter you use currently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by optidiscic (Post 619193)
Frank is a flex the same as a helix shot

I would say yes.

jhgonzo 12-18-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Delicious (Post 619197)
"skins" or match play is a way of playing disc golf where people to compete to win a hole. Each hole counts as one skin. The person with the lowest score on the hole takes the hole. If two people tie on the lowest score, the skin for the hole carries forward (so on the next hole you will be playing for two skins) or cancels out. How tied holes are handled is agreed upon by everyone playing before the round starts. Let me know if I need to expound on something more.

So the "skin" doesn't necessarily have to be a monetary amount like a dollar? Skins can be beers, discs, or just a number?