Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26085)

Snackary 08-16-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noill (Post 619209)
What's a snowman with glasses?

A snowman is an 8, and glasses would presumably be a second 8.

Noill 08-16-2019 10:30 AM

Presumably, I have figured it out in the past 8 years...
Lulz, thanks tho

ThrowaEnvy 01-02-2020 01:47 PM

So what is the easiest way to post images Now?

Now that vgy needs a password and username for it I was looking for another way to do it

notroman 01-02-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3533326)
So what is the easiest way to post images Now?

Now that vgy needs a password and username for it I was looking for another way to do it

I've always used imgur for hosting.

ThrowaEnvy 01-02-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notroman (Post 3533329)
I've always used imgur for hosting.

Thanks I will download the app now, I can do that. Probably better than all the threads I necrobumped looking for this one. Ha ha

DiscFifty 01-11-2020 11:17 AM

^^^ you can attach images to your post here in the forum.

BogeyNoMore 01-11-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3449502)
If you want to improve your grip in cold weather.. Store your discs inside overnight if you don't already.. It seems to help. No I don't have any sciencey reasons why.

FWIW- This makes sense for cold days provided there's no snow on the ground.

Powdery snow sticks to a warm (i.e. above freezing) disc like oatmeal on the side of a bowl. You'll be wiping every single shot that doesn't land in the basket... until the air chills your discs to freezing.

For snowy conditions: leave your bag locked in your car overnight so discs drop to the ambient temp. Then snow doesn't stick.

As far grip is concerned, avoid using Champ/ Z type plastic in the cold. Other plastics seem to provide better cold grip, especially G* and FLX.

And if the snow is more than an inch or two, I highly suggest ribbons if you don't want to lose discs.

tallenAZ 02-02-2020 10:19 PM

Ok, OS/stable/US. I guess my mind is different. Since for RHBH overstable goes left and understable goes right, wouldn’t it stand to reason that stable just means neutral? I hear people say “that will be more stable” To me stable = neutral. To say it is more stable I think it is more neutral. But I guess people are using more as in it is more than stable (overstable). Is it just common to say “more stable” when referring to overstable?

Odedge 02-03-2020 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallenAZ (Post 3543592)
Ok, OS/stable/US. I guess my mind is different. Since for RHBH overstable goes left and understable goes right, wouldn’t it stand to reason that stable just means neutral? I hear people say “that will be more stable” To me stable = neutral. To say it is more stable I think it is more neutral. But I guess people are using more as in it is more than stable (overstable). Is it just common to say “more stable” when referring to overstable?

I think people are using "more stable" instead of saying "overstable", which I don't like because it doesn't make sense. "More stable" should mean that it's flying closer to neutral compared to another disc.

I am trying to use "overstable", "neutral", and "understable" to describe flights.

BogeyNoMore 02-03-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallenAZ (Post 3543592)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odedge (Post 3543657)
I think people are using "more stable" instead of saying "overstable", which I don't like because it doesn't make sense. "More stable" should mean that it's flying closer to neutral compared to another disc.

I am trying to use "overstable", "neutral", and "understable" to describe flights.

You might want to check out the thread. The problem is, people have different interpretations as to what the terms mean and how they should be used. Keep in mind, they don't belong exclusively to disc golf, Ultimate players also use them to describe disc flights. It helps to understand how they were defined to begin with.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=135752

Suggest you read the entire thread, and you'll see what I mean.