Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

Three Putt 06-19-2021 09:33 AM

RIP Discmania.

DinosaurThunder 06-19-2021 09:54 AM

Just hope Innova keeps the FD and PD alive under a new monicker. End of this season will be very interesting to watch and see if any pros depart. Simon throws one non-originals mold during tournament play - says it all on the new discs.

Time to offload some originals for a nice juicy profit!

kw83028 06-19-2021 10:30 AM

In the biggest disc golf 12 month sales stretch ever, where I can't keep any stock on the shelf, the Evolution and Active lines just sit here. Maybe they'll get a little bump now. Hopefully DM has something amazing happening.

ray1970 06-19-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 3729671)
Time to offload some originals for a nice juicy profit!

Yep. Iíve managed to work the P2ís, FDís, MD3/4ís out of my bag. Seems like a good time to sell them and move on.

DiscJunkie 06-19-2021 10:33 AM

It’s difficult to see how totally parting ways with Innova benefits DM.
Maybe Jussi is focusing on the long-term.
Maybe Innova’s business plan or DM’s contractual arrangement afforded him no viable alternative.

At any rate, looks like we’ll get more info in a few days.

seedlings 06-19-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3729678)
Itís difficult to see how totally parting ways with Innova benefits DM.
Maybe Jussi is focusing on the long-term.
Maybe Innovaís business plan or DMís contractual arrangement afforded him no viable alternative.

At any rate, looks like weíll get more info in a few days.

Some companies market suspense and build-ups into positive statements. Others... build-up years into public crash-and-burn?
:sad face:

swhite 06-19-2021 10:46 AM

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but this split between Discmania and Innova, and the likely expansion of Discmania molds made by Latitude 64 and Yikun Discs, may be very good for these last two companies, especially for Yikun Discs.

Yikun has recently been producing some really nice looking plastic. A few years ago I did not have a very high opinion of Yikun's plastic blends. But, they have upped their game significantly. Their stuff really is worth looking at.
This, and their apparent attempt to rapidly expand their lineup recently, makes it seem that they want to become more formidable players in this market.

If Eagle and Simon and company figure out how to work with Yikun's molds, I could see them really taking off.


https://infinitediscs.com/Inf_Upload...161446de21.JPG
https://infinitediscs.com/Inf_Upload...0003fe18c3.JPG

https://infinitediscs.com/Inf_Upload...00022938e7.JPG

XDrocker 06-19-2021 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
good thing i stocked up!
have more somewhere...

Horsman 06-19-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kw83028 (Post 3729675)
In the biggest disc golf 12 month sales stretch ever, where I can't keep any stock on the shelf, the Evolution and Active lines just sit here. Maybe they'll get a little bump now. Hopefully DM has something amazing happening.

Same, and even Legacy doesnt sell in a pandemic

oldmandiscer 06-19-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder (Post 3729671)
Just hope Innova keeps the FD and PD alive under a new monicker. End of this season will be very interesting to watch and see if any pros depart. Simon throws one non-originals mold during tournament play - says it all on the new discs.

Time to offload some originals for a nice juicy profit!

The PD does use the Discmania anhyzer top so Innova may have some issues reissuing that disc to Infinite or whatever. The FD I am not sure if they used a specific Discmania "Licensed" top or what. I don't know what the agreement was with the molds and the discs made for Discmania.

I figured this was going to happen. We already saw the P2 go to Infinite via the Alpaca.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.