Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Orion LS (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116787)

k2Keith 07-20-2015 04:26 PM

Orion LS

I am possibly interested in trying this disc, it might work well for a slot I am looking to reassign in my bag.

Problem is I am having a hard time telling what the disc is really like. There is very little forum discussion on this disc, and what little there is almost always tapers off into how wonderful the LF or JLS is.

Looking at charts and apps

Flight analyzer says
9, 4, -1, 1

Marshall street puts it over by the Roadrunner and Sidewinders.

Joe's puts it closer to the XS or Orc

Anybody have ideas how it really flies? I would likely choose S or Q plastic

ODRB 07-20-2015 04:36 PM

I throw the heck out of these. I also throw S and Q OLFs. I can tell you all about how they will fly. How far are you throwing? What do you throw in this slot now?

OLSs are great discs -- depending on your power (and what run you buy) they are straight glidey distance flyers or big turnover/hyzer-flip discs.

Mocheez 07-20-2015 04:36 PM

It has similar stability to a Valk but the flight is different. Turn and fade are about the same but the OLS does it with a smoother transition. The valk is a little faster but the OLS has slightly more glide.

ODRB 07-20-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocheez (Post 2812848)
It has similar stability to a Valk but the flight is different. Turn and fade are about the same but the OLS does it with a smoother transition. The valk is a little faster but the OLS has slightly more glide.

^This is pretty spot on. A Valk with less wiggle and more glide. If you get a middle of the road one.

k2Keith 07-20-2015 04:45 PM

Due to a serious injury, I have limited back rotation. Currently I am throwing teebirds about 275ft golf lines. Max out about 325 with the right disc and condtions in the field. I throw RHBH. I rely more on accuracy than distance to throw a solid game. Currently I throw a Roadrunner for an understable turnover, wanting to go just slightly more stable but I'm not a fan of the sidewinder.

ODRB 07-20-2015 04:47 PM

OLS is going to be a solid choice for what you want. More stable than a star SW. I carry a 175 Star RR and a 175 1.9 OLS to handle all my hyzer-flip, and turnover needs (and rollers).

Snap-it 07-20-2015 05:54 PM

What plastic is the OLS you throw with your Star Roadrunner? I find the QOLS to be a bit sluggish, they seem to mold up with a thicker(not wider) rim. Not that there are a ton out there in Quantum.

ODRB 07-20-2015 06:32 PM

There are plenty of 1.1. QOLS around. I prefer the Sirius plastic -- better glide. You have to find a run that works for you and then stock up. That's the beauty of the numbered runs. I know which runs do what I want out of the OLS.

My 1.9cm lineup (right now) from most to least OS is: Glow Firebird, Patent # SPD, 1.1 QOLF, First Run SOLF, 1.(not telling) SOLS, Star Roadrunner, all 170+.

Snap-it 07-20-2015 08:45 PM

Every QOLS I've seen has the Millennium bar stamp. All 1.1's or are they still using that stamp on subsequent runs?

Kodachrome 07-21-2015 07:53 AM

All Qols are 1.1 but there are a lot of them out there. I think they're the best ols.