Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Every time I go to Dick's Sporting Goods (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131873)

Blobfish 08-05-2018 10:09 PM

Every time I go to Dick's Sporting Goods

I take whatever detour is necessary to somehow pass by the golf discs and then I flip through the racks in great detail even though I have no intention of buying any of them... except maybe that McBeth 4x destroyer... I would do this tonight if I went even though I was just there last night to get a bike tube. Does anyone else share this affliction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILUVSMGS18 08-05-2018 10:17 PM

I usually do to see how many Grooves are in stock, and see if there is any Destroyers or Thunderbirds, that I could flip, or that have a way different PLH. I wish they would carry Shyrkes in anything other than tyedyed Champ, though if someobe wants to buy it and loose it with no ink, where I can find it, thats fine with me.

k2Keith 08-05-2018 10:47 PM

Whenever I'm in Dick's Sporting Goods... I walk the aisles thinking... I miss Galyans.

Blobfish 08-05-2018 10:53 PM

Incidentally, I'm also glad that they finally bought the dicks.com domain.

Chaz58 08-05-2018 10:59 PM

At the Dick's near where I live I am usually thinking: "I can get that disc a lot cheaper ordering online and waiting a couple of days to get it..." The Dick's around here are quite expensive.

Blobfish 08-05-2018 11:05 PM

Afaik Dick's only carries Innova... I never heard of any other brand until I stumbled across a Latitude 64 missilen, then went to an ace race and discovered Discraft... I've only bought one disc at Dick's since my starter pack which started it all, and that was a star mako3 that caught my eye because it was so different, and it's been a constant favorite of mine since

swhite 08-05-2018 11:45 PM

I drive by a Dick's every day to work, and have perused the end display with the Innova discs. They always have Grooves, Aviars, Beasts, Daedalus', Katanas, and Valkyries; sometimes a few Teebirds, Roc3s, and Wraiths. They cost more than online options, and only have discs in max weights.

I view Dick's Sporting Goods to be a disc golf convenience store, that I would shop at only if I for some reason wanted one of the above listed discs immediately, and had no other options

Blobfish 08-06-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swhite (Post 3338481)

I view Dick's Sporting Goods to be a disc golf convenience store, that I would shop at only if I for some reason wanted one of the above listed discs immediately, and had no other options

Exactly! Yet I still have to check out their discs whenever I'm there

Veritas 08-06-2018 12:19 AM

It was Dick's that got me to finally try out disc golf.

I have always wanted to try it but never did. Not long ago I was at Dick's and stopped at the discs. I started picking through them and had no idea what I was looking at but it was the spark to get me to actually try disc golf. I did not buy anything, again, I had no clue, but I went home and reached out to a local social media disc golf group. A few days later I was on a course getting help and playing. :)

rocthecourse 08-06-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2Keith (Post 3338463)
Whenever I'm in Dick's Sporting Goods... I walk the aisles thinking... I miss Galyans.

Galyans was awesome. They actually tried to have equipment for every sport out there. Dick's only really supports ball sports, hunting, and fishing.

To the OP, yes I go by the disc golf section every time, and funny enough the one by me has a 4x McBeth Destroyer in hot pink that calls out to me.