Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

RistoS 03-10-2014 02:20 PM

How would you rank the Pure stability wise between premium plastic lines?

Shooter14 05-27-2014 11:02 AM

Pure. Is. Money.

Fact.

Hyzer Ale 05-27-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter14 (Post 2466562)
Pure. Is. Money.

Fact.

Yes, it is. Love driving with the opto pure but like my zero hard pure even more from 150' and in. I have had so many good runs at the chains from the 50'-100' range that stay withing 20' when they don't hit anything. Maybe it is just me but the white zero hard is the best baseline plastic out there. It just feels different than the other colors.

Shooter14 05-28-2014 12:17 PM

I only have a Opto that I drive with, which flies dead straight and glides out like nobodies business, plus 2 yellow Zero Mediums that I putt with. I man dang, you can't beat a pure.

In a tourney this past weekend I hit about 135-140 ft upshot with one. It was so clean, just drifted right in there like it was on a mission.

I up with the Opto also, that's what I hit it with. My Zeros stay in the putter pocket and go from there to chains, and back. I love em. I've beat some nasty glide into one of em, and boy does it jump putt like a beaut.

I have a Gold Line on it's way, should have it by the end of the week. Stoked for it, I'll up with it, and keep the opto for driving.

The State Championships are this weekend and with my payout I'm planning on buying 2 black/smoke Zero Hards. THey've had em awhile and boy have I been eyeing them. Purdy discs.

Come on everyone! Let's hear how many/what plastics you carry and what you use them for!

bhadella 05-28-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhadella (Post 2338089)
I putt/upshot with Zero Mediums over the Winter and drive/upshot with Optos.

My Opto is over a year old and still not flippy, just about the same stability as my first throws. Zero turn, slight fade (0, -1). I use it for driving and longer upshots that need a bit more power. The Opto has a nice slidey finish on hard surfaces (like all of my local Charlotte courses).

Zero Mediums are a nice mix of firm and grip for putting. Perfect for temps under 80 where you need good grip yet not putting a brick. These have a little bit of turn and slight fade. These are more inline with the "marketed" flight ratings of -1,1. When they touch the ground, they grip hard and stop on a dime. I know when we get into the Summer that I will switch over to Zero Hards for putting.

I still haven't switched over to Zero Hards yet. My Zero Mediums have been firm enough so far this summer. I've noticed my Zero Hards are deeper and come out a little higher/slower than my Zero Mediums. They definitely mold up differently from my Zero Mediums.

I do have a trashed Opto on the way to hopefully takeover my turnover driving putter duties from the PA4. My putters will be:

ESP Zone
Opto Pure x 2
Zero Medium x 1

mutteriwiritys 05-28-2014 01:19 PM

I bought an Opto Pure some time ago and I like it. It's stable and flies very well for me + it feels good in the hand (especially now when the little flashing has worn off). It's going to replace my Spike I guess..

Shooter14 05-28-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutteriwiritys (Post 2467727)
I bought an Opto Pure some time ago and I like it. It's stable and flies very well for me + it feels good in the hand (especially now when the little flashing has worn off). It's going to replace my Spike I guess..

:thmbup:

tbird888 05-28-2014 02:05 PM

I carry one Opto for driving and approaching duties. When the weather turns to rain, I bag a TM2 instead for the extra grip. That's rare though as I don't throw in the rain very often.

DG_Before_Breakfast 05-29-2014 01:20 PM

I need a new Black Zero line Soft Pure! My usual DG shopping destination, Disc Nation, is low on Pures. Wondering if they are getting new ones or if anyone has a pointer to these Discs that have good Mojo for me? :p

bhadella 05-29-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG_Before_Breakfast (Post 2468769)
I need a new Black Zero line Soft Pure! My usual DG shopping destination, Disc Nation, is low on Pures. Wondering if they are getting new ones or if anyone has a pointer to these Discs that have good Mojo for me? :p

Disc Golf Center has some with free shipping:
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...=492&PPQT1=439