Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lat 64 Pure (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13354)

tjh0188 03-11-2016 05:26 PM

On the other hand, if you want a more stable pure, throw a shield.

ThomasOrion 03-11-2016 05:30 PM

yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

SD86 03-11-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasOrion (Post 2963987)
But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

It's darn near perfect now. No need to retool. Now if they want to put out a new mold that takes care of what you're looking for, that'll be fine. But leave the Pure alone! :)

@iDiscGolf 03-11-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjh0188 (Post 2963982)
On the other hand, if you want a more stable pure, throw a shield.

But the shield is has a very deep feel compared. And a big bead if I remember correctly.

tjh0188 03-11-2016 07:02 PM

Medium shields feel like a slightly meatier pure. A little taller. Its got a bead as much as a pure has a bead. Hard shields feel a lot deeper as well as the premium plastics.

tjh0188 03-11-2016 07:09 PM

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were saying. To me, shields and pures are the perfect complement to each other. Shield fades a little more but holds straight and doesn't turn, pures turn a little bit and fade less. Both in medium plastic. They feel almost identical to me. Shield is just a little deeper. Medium shields want to fight out of Anny near the end.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasOrion (Post 2963987)
yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

ThomasOrion 03-14-2016 12:11 PM

Its all good. Actually I got out with the Pure again. It really is a great disc. I think I was just powering it too much hence the anny lines.

But if I throw with more control its a nice short range glider.

Broken Shoulder 03-14-2016 12:46 PM

That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.

bhadella 03-14-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 2965191)
That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.

Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.

Broken Shoulder 03-14-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhadella (Post 2965219)
Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.

Yup, same here at or a little beyond 300'. Any turnover was my fault or wind aided.

Must be my grip but the mediums tore the hell out of my knuckle. I had to stop throwing them.