Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

seedlings 07-27-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3824184)
So the new Cloudbreaker mold disc was offically (unoffical) leaked. When can we expect to see those hitting stores?

Wednesday August 17th

B The V 07-28-2022 08:23 AM

Any info on the Paradigm?? It's been approved since May.

robdeforge 07-29-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolt (Post 3825073)
Discmania "must" make a disc for Eagles win, wonder what it will be?
Has his bag changed no that he donīt throw any FH. . itīs hard to tell his bag from the DGN videos

not sure if I saw him throwing the splice or mutant BH? seems he was working both of those into his bag last year

seedlings 08-03-2022 08:20 PM

Ooh, the P1 is coming. Glad I didn’t invest further in Rainmakers. Can anyone speak to the feel of P1 vs P2? I haven’t handled a P1.

Also the Tilt is coming back.

DiscJunkie 08-03-2022 08:40 PM

The original P1 was just a re-stamped beardless Aviar.
It says the new P1 is a little shallow compared to the P2.
Believe it’s the same plastic as the P2s

More interested in how it compares to the Rainmakers.

Still waiting for the FD3s to filter down to retailers.

Hard to get excited about the Tilt in a different plastic…

seedlings 08-03-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3827695)
The original P1 was just a re-stamped beardless Aviar.
It says the new P1 is a little shallow compared to the P2.
Believe it’s the same plastic as the P2s

More interested in how it compares to the Rainmakers.

Still waiting for the FD3s to filter down to retailers.

Hard to get excited about the Tilt in a different plastic…

From pics and videos, the P1 looks pointy compared to the P2. Really wish Discmania would post profile pics of all discs.

I have two white EO FD3 discs. They fly maybe more overstable than the new PDs (also have two for comparison). Definitely on par with recent Innova C-line FD3.

It is quite refreshing to see DM in stock many places.

krooster 08-03-2022 10:24 PM

People say the original P1 is just an Aviar but I don't buy that. It flies less overstable at low speeds in my experience. More neutral for my weak putts haha. If anyone has evidence that it's just an Aviar I would be interested to see it.

It feels pretty similar in the hand to an Aviar or a slightly less deep P2.

Flick Maniac 08-04-2022 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscJunkie (Post 3827695)
The original P1 was just a re-stamped beardless Aviar.

Obviously just a typo but such a delicious one. Im just giggling here imagining it

Jolt 08-04-2022 03:48 AM

I hope they bring back the whole P-line. . but i was one of the few that liked the original P3 so i guess IF the P3 comes back it will be retooled.

IS there any info on whitch moulds thay will bring back and in what order?

ArtemisClydFr0g 08-04-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3827711)
People say the original P1 is just an Aviar but I don't buy that. It flies less overstable at low speeds in my experience. More neutral for my weak putts haha. If anyone has evidence that it's just an Aviar I would be interested to see it.

It feels pretty similar in the hand to an Aviar or a slightly less deep P2.

I had an S-line P1 that was penned *A or *AV on the bottom, so it was indeed the same mold

seedlings 08-04-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3827771)
I had an S-line P1 that was penned *A or *AV on the bottom, so it was indeed the same mold

Ok, thanks. I wonít like it then. Donít care for the Aviar.

wims 08-04-2022 11:33 AM

The P2 is basically a blunt nosed Aviar. A beadless Aviar-X

DiscT 08-04-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wims (Post 3827826)
The P2 is basically a blunt nosed Aviar. A beadless Aviar-X

Donít you mean beardless?

@CD- 08-04-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krooster (Post 3827711)
People say the original P1 is just an Aviar but I don't buy that. It flies less overstable at low speeds in my experience. More neutral for my weak putts haha. If anyone has evidence that it's just an Aviar I would be interested to see it.

It feels pretty similar in the hand to an Aviar or a slightly less deep P2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g (Post 3827771)
I had an S-line P1 that was penned *A or *AV on the bottom, so it was indeed the same mold

My impression is that it was the Classic Aviar in a couple other plastics. I really don't know if a different top is used for the DX Classic but it does fly straighter compared to the DX P&A as krooster described.

krooster 08-04-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @CD- (Post 3827851)
My impression is that it was the Classic Aviar in a couple other plastics. I really don't know if a different top is used for the DX Classic but it does fly straighter compared to the DX P&A as krooster described.

The P1 is also straighter than any Classic Aviar I have thrown, but I have only thrown 2 different runs of Classic Aviar. One pretty flat, one more domey from a few years later.

That said, I did try a P1 in hard P-line once, and it was more overstable than D-line. And the Classic Aviar plastic is pretty hard. I could be convinced the the D-line P1 is how a Classic Aviar would fly if it were produced in softer plastic.

B The V 08-08-2022 06:18 AM

Sounds as if this may be a redesigned disc and not the same as the previous Innova made P1.

fishballer06 08-09-2022 10:26 AM

I saw some team guys have gotten their hands on a RC3. Any hints as to when we will see those?

seedlings 08-09-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3828846)
I saw some team guys have gotten their hands on a RC3. Any hints as to when we will see those?

I hope they retool the Razor Claw just a bit shallower.

Also, can we get Origin in hard base plastic? I want something more understable than NEO or EXO Soft has beaten into. I could go with a Genius, but rather not add another mold.

Discmania: the new FD3 is fantastic, thank you! Also, any hints if the new Cloudbreaker is retool more or less stable? (Why retool to the exact same?) Is the special S-line very different from CB3 plastic?

Flick Maniac 08-10-2022 11:17 AM

Numerous reports seem to suggest the Cloudbreaker is less stable than the previous offerings. Should bomb for a lot of people. :clap:

seedlings 08-10-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3829131)
Numerous reports seem to suggest the Cloudbreaker is less stable than the previous offerings. Should bomb for a lot of people. :clap:

Canít wait to see more demos of CB1v2.

I was able to compare the new P1 in store. Arguably exact same height as the Rainmaker. Same top shoulder. Virtually same wing height, but very slightly rounded going down toward the wing. Very slightly less angle on the wing of the P1.

jskew113 08-10-2022 02:40 PM

The new P1 sounds very much like a Luna.

I'm curious enough to try one when they come out.

dekdo 08-10-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3829131)
Numerous reports seem to suggest the Cloudbreaker is less stable than the previous offerings. Should bomb for a lot of people. :clap:

love to hear it, also looking forward to the new s-line PDs!

Flick Maniac 08-11-2022 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seedlings (Post 3829157)
Canít wait to see more demos of CB1v2.

Just dont call it that!! :D

ray1970 08-11-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3829344)
Just dont call it that!! :D


They wonít. Pretty sure Prodigy owns the patent on that ďnameĒ.

ff33 08-17-2022 03:55 AM

i sure its completely ridiculous but is a TD or TDx ever a considertion?

fishballer06 08-19-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff33 (Post 3830764)
i sure its completely ridiculous but is a TD or TDx ever a considertion?

The Essence is pretty close to those already, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm sure we'll start seeing more of the original molds as time goes by. For now, I'm sure they're focused on getting some of the really popular ones out like the PD2, CD2, MD4, etc.

seedlings 08-19-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff33 (Post 3830764)
i sure its completely ridiculous but is a TD or TDx ever a considertion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishballer06 (Post 3831297)
The Essence is pretty close to those already, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm sure we'll start seeing more of the original molds as time goes by. For now, I'm sure they're focused on getting some of the really popular ones out like the PD2, CD2, MD4, etc.

I returned a c-line TDx to a guy. I asked him on the phone if I could throw it a few times before meeting him the next day, and he said sure. I remember it was board flat and the rim/wing felt uncomfortable and it flew like a PD, but with less turn. Maybe a one-off bad example, but that guy loved it.

The Essence has more fade than itís credited in the numbers, but not really a Ď3í like the TDx. Essence might be more like the CD2, but Iíve never thrown one.

The Method is a really nice mid (thatís not in my bag rn), which might make Discmania wait on an MD4. Agree the PD2 will probably be next since the pros throw DD3s on more knife hyzers.

Flick Maniac 08-20-2022 05:05 AM

There was a C-line TDx??

discerdoo 08-20-2022 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3831457)
There was a C-line TDx??

With less "turn" than a PD?

seedlings 08-20-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flick Maniac (Post 3831457)
There was a C-line TDx??

HmmÖ maybe it was a DDxÖ really thought it was TDx thoÖ

DiscJunkie 08-20-2022 11:36 AM

Okay, mystery solved.
DDX sounds much more like the description.
Never seen a C-Line TDX either…

DiscT 08-20-2022 08:54 PM

I’d love to know anyone’s thoughts on the new Cloudbreaker now that you’ve had some time to throw them? Any variance in color?

I’m not gonna lie: this new swirly special blend s-line has me super jazzed for a new s-line fd/night strike vibe. Just me?

seedlings 08-20-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3831584)
Iíd love to know anyoneís thoughts on the new Cloudbreaker now that youíve had some time to throw them? Any variance in color?

Iím not gonna lie: this new swirly special blend s-line has me super jazzed for a new s-line fd/night strike vibe. Just me?

I canít find any difference between the CB3 and the new Cloudbreaker, besides the CB3 had more dome. Theyíre both plenty stable. I bought one new Cloudbreaker in store and have a couple more coming in the mail. Hoping one of those is less stable, or Iíll have to beat one up.

ff33 08-21-2022 03:56 PM

i have the tdx in s line and man its a hyzer flip beast. Found it used so its only got so long left.

wims 08-23-2022 05:26 AM

I remember an old itb from Gregg Barsby where he was claiming that he picked up his s-td in Sweden. I have been throwing Roadrunners, but I like the anhyzer top as well. Is Jussi having any plans on bringing out any Swedish STDs now that Discmania are producing discs out of Sweden? I'd like some Swedish STDs myself

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

FinHatch 08-23-2022 06:58 AM

Hey, I remember that video!

https://youtu.be/O1h67sWEF6E 10:35 mark

fishballer06 08-23-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wims (Post 3832155)
Is Jussi having any plans on bringing out any Swedish STDs... I'd like some Swedish STDs myself

I'm sure Jussi can point you in the direction of where to get a Swedish STD... :gross::gross:

ff33 08-23-2022 07:55 PM

good god this joke wont stop. thanks reddit

seedlings 08-23-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscT (Post 3831584)
Iíd love to know anyoneís thoughts on the new Cloudbreaker now that youíve had some time to throw them? Any variance in color?

Iím not gonna lie: this new swirly special blend s-line has me super jazzed for a new s-line fd/night strike vibe. Just me?

Sorry to quote again, but I found an important difference. My two CB3, when thrown on decent amount of anhyzer, will fight out into fade. The new Cloudbreaker will hold the anhyzer line for quite a while and land more flat-to-fade, maybe with late skip. The new C-line DD3 on the same lines will land flat-to-cutroll angle.

Hyzer Ale 08-24-2022 12:22 PM

Simon says in the promo video that the new full Tilt will be the last Tilt ever produced. Why would you do that? They seem popular, just a very odd business decision. It reminds me of Eric Cartman and his amusement park


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.