Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most popular discs you never tried (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134588)

jakebake91 07-19-2019 12:12 PM

Most popular discs you never tried

Just a curiosity question for you guys, stemming from a discussion at the course the other day.

We talk all the time about all these popular molds we love and yada yada. But what are the "staples" or popular mainstream molds you have never thrown? Any reason in particular you never tried them? My list will probably shock some people (just like the guy I was talking to the other day)

My never thrown list includes:

Roc
Teebird
Destroyer

My reasons: I just fell in love with certain discs early, and also developed an issue with Innova early. Not based on the discs per se, but from a quality standpoint. Another discussion for another time.....

Jowie 07-19-2019 12:34 PM

Aviar

It took me a while to think of it, because I have tried almost all of the most popular molds, but I have never thrown one. No reason really, but now I'm motivated to give them a shot just for the experience.

rocthecourse 07-19-2019 12:42 PM

Polecat, one of these days I am going to get my hands on one.

discerdoo 07-19-2019 12:47 PM

I always have a Firebird in the bag but have never tried a Sexybird.

slowplastic 07-19-2019 01:18 PM

I think I've tried all of the classic and modern classic molds. The biggest generalization I think I can say is that with the older Innova popular/classic molds, you need to throw them already beaten in to understand why certain people love them so much. Like a Roc/Teebird/Eagle/Destroyer needs to have been bagged for a couple of years and then when you try one that is perfectly neutral but still handles all the power you have, you understand why they are so loved. Out of the box, usually not so special though unless you are lucky and know how to pick them.

Deej 07-19-2019 01:36 PM

Never thrown a Roc or Buzzz.

Dcinmd 07-19-2019 01:48 PM

Wraith and Valkyrie

R-Ogre 07-19-2019 01:52 PM

Roc, teebird. Maybe Aviar? I have an ancient Innova misprint putter that I used for years that I guess is some sort of aviar but not sure.

ChefKoolaid 07-19-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowplastic (Post 3474653)
I think I've tried all of the classic and modern classic molds. The biggest generalization I think I can say is that with the older Innova popular/classic molds, you need to throw them already beaten in to understand why certain people love them so much. Like a Roc/Teebird/Eagle/Destroyer needs to have been bagged for a couple of years and then when you try one that is perfectly neutral but still handles all the power you have, you understand why they are so loved. Out of the box, usually not so special though unless you are lucky and know how to pick them.

My knowing how to pick them is all skill, no luck involved ;)

wims 07-19-2019 02:58 PM

I have never thrown a Destroyer for some reason. Basically it's too fast for my arm