Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112895)

Flip Hyzerman 02-10-2015 02:08 PM

Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

I thought this disc deserved a lengthy discussion of it's own - aside from the initial talk about the release, it's gone fairly under-the-radar; but I know I'm not the only one who loves this mold.

I throw the Lucid stock stamp for my OS mid (I keep one pretty fresh) and a Prototype Lucid to pair with it (straighter, do-it-all mid with fade). I've bought a Fuzion to break in and hopefully get down to something like a 5/4/0/1 - basically a Truth with better HSS. Until that happens I am carrying an Opto and Fuzion Truth to round out my mids (4 discs - 2 molds - Truth/Verdict). I'd love to eventually throw only Verdicts if the Fuzion can really be broken in ... OR if Dynamic can get the Verdict run in Prime or Classic - I'd be very excited to see that.

Anyone else loving the Verdict now that it's going on 2 years old?

BirdieMachine 02-10-2015 02:13 PM

I carry a couple heavy VIP's. One is beat in more then the other but still won't turn under normal wind. I also have a few Truths I pair them up with. I am considering a Bio for more beef or maybe a Bard. Might try both.

jskew113 02-10-2015 02:58 PM

Base plastic Verdicts would be sweet.

Snaques 02-10-2015 03:05 PM

I absolutely love the Verdict! :D

It's the mid PD to me. Absolutely no turn when it is calm, but it still goes a long way before fading. As a beadless mid it also works wonderfully for FH. I do still carry three Truths on the side for shots with little less fade and a bit more wiggle.

I think that the Verdict is a bit falsely put into the same OS mid category with true beefcakes like Gator, M1 and Buzzz OS. It is more of a straight mid with reliable fade. For that absolute beef I have a Trident that can be powered down quite nicely.

What comes to cycling, I see no reason to limit yourself to just Verdicts since the Truth is pretty much the beat in Verdict from the get go. Same feel and similar flight.

tomte 02-10-2015 03:25 PM

I always wanted a Verdict. But my local shop doesn't have higher weights Lucid. So I still wait - maybe I try the Bard in the meantime...

clmiller2 02-10-2015 03:49 PM

I tend to carry mostly Truth's as they can do just about everything I need them to do, however if there is enough head wind I will switch out to a Fuzion Verdict (I'm not saying the truth can't handle it, i'm just saying i feel a lot safer with the verdict at that point. I agree with Snaques it's not your standard crashing left over-stable mid, as it seems to go a long way before fading (and I've personally even seen some turn when full powered), but it is the perfect headwind disc to pair up with the truth.

zendragon 02-10-2015 03:56 PM

I love my Verdict. I have a sea foam blue/green moonshine prototype. I don't know if I got a freak one, but mine is pretty stable. Not Drone stable, but it's no pansy Roc either. I think it lives up to the 5 4 0 3 rating it has. I've had mine from first release and it still holds up well in the wind and I can still get it to skip left (rhbh) or skip right (rhfh) with consistency. I also discovered it is good for OH getting out of trouble. If I throw it very fast it holds a straight line maybe a little longer than you would expect from a 0 3, but I think that's more from its speed than its stability. It still has healthy fade at the end.

World Eater 02-10-2015 04:16 PM

I carry heavy DyeMax Verdicts and love them. I'm not really trying to cycle them though. I would love to see something substantially more OS with a similar rim. Bard looks cool, but I want a Bard Pro.. Something with a 5 fade that doesnt need to skip to get around a corner would be amazing.

BirdieMachine 02-10-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World Eater (Post 2695970)
I carry heavy DyeMax Verdicts and love them. I'm not really trying to cycle them though. I would love to see something substantially more OS with a similar rim. Bard looks cool, but I want a Bard Pro.. Something with a 5 fade that doesnt need to skip to get around a corner would be amazing.

A Domey Trident might be that disc.

JTdisc 02-10-2015 05:18 PM

I'm a Truth guy myself, but I confidently reach for the Verdict if I need more fade or there's a little wind. The Truths don't like wind.

If I need truly overstable beef, I throw the XXX.