Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Bard (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112826)

Moose33 08-27-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3346202)
My TP Bard is not as beat in, so it still has some fade. I'd say it's like a RocX3 now, and will beat in to a straighter-throwing disc. The Bard is a good mold, and I second the suggestion to try it out.

Side note: cyclers can try the Origios if BT is not available. Might even be better than BT...

Have you tried one? They have a very interesting life cycle it seems. They mold up super flat with hardly a hint of shoulder, so not much glide at first and they fade hard.

Then they beat in and lose some fade but not a lot, itís basically a new VIP at this point. The. They pick up a tick of glide. Not sure what happens at this point. Iíve been using two since Christmas and they are beating in fairly slowly.

SD86 08-27-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3346272)
Have you tried one? They have a very interesting life cycle it seems. They mold up super flat with hardly a hint of shoulder, so not much glide at first and they fade hard.

Then they beat in and lose some fade but not a lot, it’s basically a new VIP at this point. The. They pick up a tick of glide. Not sure what happens at this point. I’ve been using two since Christmas and they are beating in fairly slowly.

Haven't tried an Origio Bard, but I have a Prime Deputy, which is equivalent plastic. Like you said, not glidey and surprisingly OS at first, then it starts 'shedding' overstability.

Also curious how a Prime/Origio Harp would season in... :popcorn:

Moose33 08-28-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD86 (Post 3346303)
Haven't tried an Origio Bard, but I have a Prime Deputy, which is equivalent plastic. Like you said, not glidey and surprisingly OS at first, then it starts 'shedding' overstability.

Also curious how a Prime/Origio Harp would season in... :popcorn:

If they mold up the same way it could be very interesting. Iíve seen them for sale before, but I have two first run BT Soft Harps that Iíve had for years. They lost a touch of fade but other than looking like clovered best to death discs they fly exactly the same.

SD86 08-28-2018 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose33 (Post 3346343)
If they mold up the same way it could be very interesting. Iíve seen them for sale before, but I have two first run BT Soft Harps that Iíve had for years. They lost a touch of fade but other than looking like clovered best to death discs they fly exactly the same.

Yep. I have a TP Harp and a BT Hard Harp (a couple, actually). Used and practiced with both a good bit. The BT Hard Harp has less skip than the TP, but other than that they fly the same, and have remained pretty overstable.

Three Putt 08-28-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherDave (Post 3309823)
Finally tried a Bard out and it's not quite as overstable as I thought it would be. I was afraid it would be Drone beefy but it's actually really workable. Like a great Champ Roc.

I bought a VIP Bard for no reason (store had discs on clearance so it was $8.) Not as much glide for me as a Champ Roc, not as fast as a Brinster Sentinel and not as fast or OS as a Gila. It was shorter for me than those other three, and my weenie-arm doesn't need a shorter anything. The Bard is not really a very serious contender for me.

SD86 08-28-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3346461)
I bought a VIP Bard for no reason (store had discs on clearance so it was $8.) Not as much glide for me as a Champ Roc, not as fast as a Brinster Sentinel and not as fast or OS as a Gila. It was shorter for me than those other three, and my weenie-arm doesn't need a shorter anything. The Bard is not really a very serious contender for me.

The Bard did not make my bag, either, (I gave it a shot, since I was using a Harp at the time I got the Bard), and for similar reasons to yours: I like the Hornet's flight better (more glidey fade) for OS shots, and the Buzzz/Roc3 and Panther take care of the rest of my midrange shots.

But the Bard is a decent disc and fun to throw around. Beats the RocX3 in my book...

BrotherDave 08-28-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Putt (Post 3346461)

My VIP isn't real glidey but the TP is pretty decent. Though both do well what I want an OS mold to do and that's go really straight when thrown hard and either fade or don't depending on beatness/hyzer. I don't really need length in a midrange, just hit gaps and stay on fairways and enough distance to not overlap my putters.

Streets 02-11-2019 04:02 PM

Who has experience throwing the Origio/BT Bards? How do they season?

TheBMeistor 02-11-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streets (Post 3415898)
Who has experience throwing the Origio/BT Bards? How do they season?

I bought three of the BT's when one of the stores got some a long time ago. Never did throw them though, the VIP Bard I tried out was a little more beef than I wanted plus a little too fast.

Had them up in the marketplace but there was no interest, if you decide to try some let me know I could make a deal on the three unthrown ones I have.

andhjo0131 02-11-2019 05:03 PM

I've had a few Origio Bards, I've got two that my pupils have used for a year and I've been throwing them indoors so they're very beat up, only now do they show a hint of turn. The mold is so beefy in Origio that I doubt they'll beat in faster than a TP. It seems to me that flat TP Bards can be beat straight, I've had three 172g TP's and they're fantastic when beat in, a ton of HSS but very little fade so they're amazing for both tunnel shots and hyzers.

I've had domey ones that seemed harder to beat in.

If you want a trilogy mid that starts OS but beats in fast the Retro Anchor is great.