Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pay to play disc golf (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12816)

stevep 03-04-2010 07:54 PM

Pay to play disc golf

Should it be free or pay to play?

Read article here

Jukeshoe 03-04-2010 07:56 PM

I'll pay for nice courses. Generally speaking, free courses are one of the (many) main draws to playing this sport, in my opinion. Having a "free" hobby is pretty sweet.

sloppydisc 03-04-2010 08:01 PM

I will pay for a good course or a unique course. I also think that when I play a private course the right thing to do is make some kind of donation, or purchase whatever discs, clothes etc that I can to help support the cause. It has to be a lot of work to build and maintain a nice course.

LeewayeDiscGolf 03-04-2010 08:14 PM

Even disc golf's most elite pay to play courses don't cost hardly anything compared to ball golf. Pay to play in terms of disc golf is just fine. I also agree with sloppydisc that supporting private courses is a must. One of the main draws of disc golf is free courses, but even the pay to play courses are really inexpensive. The only part that may hit your wallet is the ski slope courses and lift tickets.

therealbigtrav 03-04-2010 08:23 PM

I love the pay to play. It keeps the "riff raff" out, and the course amenities and maintenance are usually top notch. I don't mind paying a few dollars to not have to wait behind groups of eight who only care about drinking and smoking. I'm glad that there are still free courses, but I have been buying seasonal memberships at two separate courses for the last five years.

Cradical 03-04-2010 08:29 PM

Wow that castle rock complex looks amazing! I can't wait til it opens. And it's not even too far from the Cities!

buzzinb 03-04-2010 08:32 PM

Great article--sums it well. Free courses for all, pay courses for those willing to pony up for the experience. Naturally, pay courses should offer something above and beyond what local free courses do.

therealbigtrav 03-04-2010 09:01 PM

Castle rock does look amazing. I hope we see more of the complexes come into development. I don't see them being financially lucrative, but if the goal is to be self sufficient, it's achievable. People who love disc golf creating multiple disc courses for people who love disc golf.

biscoe 03-04-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppydisc (Post 285877)
I also think that when I play a private course the right thing to do is make some kind of donation, or purchase whatever discs, clothes etc that I can to help support the cause. It has to be a lot of work to build and maintain a nice course.

thanks!

solomon.trenton 03-04-2010 09:38 PM

having a private course on your own land is tough work, so i dont mind paying for those. but i wont pay for a course in a public park because the state, county, or city/town pays for upkeep or at least assists.