Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Havoc (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135026)

Lancerswimmer89 09-21-2019 10:21 AM

Havoc

So I've recently started throwing this as my go-to distance driver for about the past month. I was throwing Raiders, but they were a bit overstable for my arm speed (I can get out to around 400' on a good pull). The Havoc seems to get me a more dependable and full flight, and I've really been enjoying it.

My question, I've heard mixed things about the Havoc with the older runs vs the newer runs and the different plastic types. Do the older runs fly more OS or US than the newer ones?

Currently bagging a super beat GL, a light opto, a max weight opto, and a opto-x

Sethamphetamine 09-21-2019 11:08 AM

I found that like most trilogy plastics they beat in quick. Stopped throwing them but the opto x sounded interesting to me as a more stable option.

RocBottom 09-21-2019 11:17 AM

My Gold lines are from 4 years ago and they can bomb! But the are fairly under stable and I can’t always trust them, they only come out in a tailwind or no wind. I have an Opto-x that is more OS. As far as older Opto runs idk anything about.

jmdaire27 09-21-2019 12:47 PM

Bobby Musik rips the Opto Xs pretty far. I’ve honestly debated switching from Trespasses to Havocs, especially with the inclusion of the Opto X. But I haven’t. Doubt I’d get much more distance.

Anywho, opto X will be more stable than others. Regular optos bomb, but you need the right angle.

RocBottom 09-21-2019 12:55 PM

I actually throw the trespass now because they’re more consistent for me, but I keep a GL havoc for the all out bomb.

Lancerswimmer89 09-22-2019 09:39 PM

for my arm, the added understability helps me get that much more distance out of it

Twmccoy 09-22-2019 11:58 PM

Havocs are just so damn flippy. I couldn't keep them flat to save my life. Even with a sharp hyzer the disc wanted to turn and burn.

The Havoc has no late fade. Once you turn it, see 'ya.

Great distance potential, but way too wild and hard to throw.

I'd rather throw a Tern.

slowplastic 09-23-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twmccoy (Post 3499997)
Havocs are just so damn flippy. I couldn't keep them flat to save my life. Even with a sharp hyzer the disc wanted to turn and burn.

I'd rather throw a Tern.

You've got to throw them like 30' high on a steep hyzer release. Even though they are high speed and sharp rimmed, for some reason they don't stall out for me when they turn over at height. I wouldn't bag one because it's too unpredictable for me and I can throw other discs straighter...at a certain point all that S-flying is eating up straight line distance. But they bomb and if someone falls into the right arm speed for that mold I can see them loving it.

I don't doubt at your arm speed they are next to impossible to control.

Putt for D'oh 09-23-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twmccoy (Post 3499997)

I'd rather throw a Tern.

I picked up a used Opto and would describe as you do... so I use it for ONE hole at my nearby courses. A backhand roller I want to cover 250 - 280' in the air and have it get down and go as long as it will. It is a natural disc for this.

Twmccoy 09-24-2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh (Post 3500341)
I picked up a used Opto and would describe as you do... so I use it for ONE hole at my nearby courses. A backhand roller I want to cover 250 - 280' in the air and have it get down and go as long as it will. It is a natural disc for this.

Rolling would be the one use I'd find for the Havoc. I really wanted to like that disc, but its so flippy. Like a speed 13 Roadrunner.