Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Course Design (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Executing The Dream (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58060)

InnocentCrook 05-08-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menacewarf (Post 2449321)
Do you have any ideas at this point for what you want your layout(s) to be? Acessible, fun, demanding, or a mix of two or three? With 64 acres and that kind of land you have all the opinions avail including multiple layouts.

I'd definitely like to see the copter footage if it's decent.

Well, I've been playing Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Mt. Airy, and all the other good to great Cincy courses for a long time. I'm hoping to have a difficulty somewhere between Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild. High blueish maybe reaching up towards gold for a few holes.

The woods are pretty thick though, so it may take some serious time to beat in and open up a little bit. Probably gonna start taping off trees around the interesting areas in the next week or two.

InnocentCrook 05-11-2014 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice spot down the driveway, across from the small pond. Enzy and I, walked the outskirts of the woods after unloading a couple trucks of house stuff. Just in those areas alone I think we could throw together 6-9 solid holes to play while carving the woodsier stuff.

InnocentCrook 05-12-2014 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No video, but we did capture some good stills from the quadcopter...

From above the main field looking out towards the road. You can see the drive snake down into the valley, then in the distance it pops back up near the road. Near the power line tower.

brutalbrutus 05-12-2014 09:50 AM

*jealous*

DavidSauls 05-12-2014 11:00 AM

So what's the course name, anyway?

We need to know because, in a few years when it's famous, we'll remember that we were witnesses at the birth.

brutalbrutus 05-12-2014 11:20 AM

IMO, but it isn't up to me, It should have something to do with his online name." Crook's hideout", or "hole in the wall chaingang". Or just call it "awesome" cause that is what it looks like it is gonna be, lol.

InnocentCrook 05-12-2014 12:41 PM

The large creek that runs through the north side of the property is Flat Creek, so I'll probably go with something along those lines. Flat Creek Farm or since I may be planting some fruit and nut trees it may end up Flat Creek Orchard.

Shuie 05-12-2014 02:50 PM

Dig the orchard and farm aspect to any DG Course. Keep up the good work Tim. How'd that homebrew treat ya??

InnocentCrook 05-12-2014 10:28 PM

Home brew was excellent.

If you roll back down this way give me a holler. I didn't get to throw with you guys last time. May even have some holes done here at the homestead.

goosefraba1 05-13-2014 12:59 PM

Oh man... can't wait to have ANOTHER great Cincy course to play! Let us know when you are ready to start doing stuff. Could possibly get some guys together to help.