Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Official Ask Discmania Thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103883)

rarintal 04-01-2014 01:10 PM

Official Ask Discmania Thread
 
This thread is an official Discmania thread to share information mainly on our existing products. In case we have set dates for future products, we’ll release dates here.

Our Store Manager Ryan Rintala answers your questions on a weekly basis. We’re going to be open and honest with our communication. We’re thankful that we have this channel to provide official, first-hand information about our products.

-------------

Please feel free to send me any questions, I will be here weekly to answer your questions!

theabacus 04-01-2014 01:15 PM

Make more flat, stiff S-Line PDs!

Spinthrift 04-01-2014 01:15 PM

Welcome. As one who thinks the PD is one of the Top Ten Molds of All Time, it'll be great to have someone here who can give us the real skinny.

Um... 04-01-2014 01:26 PM

Great move! Glad to see you guys growing the brand the right way.

When is the web store going to be open?

BirdieMachine 04-01-2014 01:29 PM

When are FD2's coming out retail? What discs are coming in GStar?

talltee32 04-01-2014 01:31 PM

Can you give us any details about the new bag? Is it a completely new bag? Or a rebranded bag from another company?

DinosaurThunder 04-01-2014 01:42 PM

This is a much better forum than asking questions over FB/Instagram. Thanks for setting this up! When the store launches will we see a staggered release of the new disc(s) and runs in Gstar or will it be all at once? Also, will you be putting a cap on the amount people can order of older first run discs being released in the store? I know the PD's Jussi has shared on Instagram will go quickly along with a few others.

Excited to see the information today on the new bag!

Thanks

tbird888 04-01-2014 01:59 PM

Welcome to the site, and thank you for taking on this task

Just have a few questions
--When are we getting G* PDs?
--When are we getting more super flat and beefy C-Line PDs like the original CFRs?
--Any chance you can bring more shield stamp PDs into the US? I really just don't like the Freak stamp
--Any chance that you'll release a super beefy P4 that's more like the Pig/Zone? If so, when? I was really hoping the P3 was going to fill that role.

Romans 5-8 04-01-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talltee32 (Post 2407706)
Can you give us any details about the new bag? Is it a completely new bag? Or a rebranded bag from another company?

This^^^^ I'm also curious about the new bag. Can you give us ANY info on it.

elmexdela 04-01-2014 03:32 PM

g starrr pd

we want them!!!

fasteddie 04-01-2014 03:38 PM

when is the store opening!?

onemilemore 04-01-2014 03:44 PM

Welcome! Any hard date on GStar FDs? Thanks!

TrippinBill 04-01-2014 03:48 PM

I would love to see a fairway driver and distance driver similar to the PD in flight. What are the chances that will happen?

Peter S 04-01-2014 03:50 PM

Any official word on a Discmania or Innova backpack? If not I wonder why Discmania/Innova has not jumped on the backpack bandwagon.

Love the Freak & Gremlin. Thank you for bring the Gremlin back from the dead. Tried every Roc & strange bee like creature there is & still love me some Gremlin.

In my bag 175 D-line Gremlin (dead straight) 176 s-line Gremlin (hyzer)
worn S-line Freak (dead straight)
new C-line PD Freak. fear no wind or Wraith

5QU166Y 04-01-2014 03:55 PM

Are there any plans to make C-P2s? I asked a few months ago, and I didn't get a definite response.

jmdaire27 04-01-2014 04:06 PM

Awesome! I suppose I am with most others on the PD bandwagon! I'm curious about G* and shield stamp status too :)

Cheers!

tbird888 04-01-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemilemore (Post 2407897)
Welcome! Any hard date on GStar FDs? Thanks!

They're giving them out at the Jenkins/Lizotte clinics. There have been a couple available in the MP.

Rol6566 04-01-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5QU166Y (Post 2407910)
Are there any plans to make C-P2s? I asked a few months ago, and I didn't get a definite response.

I had asked about CP1 and P2s. Yes on the P1, and a no on the P2

dekdo 04-01-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romans 5-8 (Post 2407762)
This^^^^ I'm also curious about the new bag. Can you give us ANY info on it.

this...

please be cheaper than grip and dynamic!

onemilemore 04-01-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 2407958)
They're giving them out at the Jenkins/Lizotte clinics. There have been a couple available in the MP.

I've seen those, but I am holding out for a production run. :thmbup:

elmexdela 04-01-2014 05:19 PM

OP you dead?

AJ53 04-01-2014 05:22 PM

Hey Jussi!
 
run some 155-160 S-PDs ASAP please... sold out everywhere:mad:

Timko 04-01-2014 05:28 PM

Is there any consideration of returning to a softer blend of P plastic? Throughout the season, I carry both the hard and softer P plastic in the PD. However, I haven't seen the softer plastic in a while.

Disc Fiend 04-01-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 2408005)
OP you dead?

From OP:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rarintal (Post 2407664)
Our Store Manager Ryan Rintala answers your questions on a weekly basis.


tbird888 04-01-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timko (Post 2408014)
Is there any consideration of returning to a softer blend of P plastic? Throughout the season, I carry both the hard and softer P plastic in the PD. However, I haven't seen the softer plastic in a while.

This is a great question. I would really love some softer P-Lines that are more overstable than the current stiffies.

dehaas 04-01-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5QU166Y (Post 2407910)
Are there any plans to make C-P2s? I asked a few months ago, and I didn't get a definite response.

http://www.herodiscusa.com/champion-...mping-koi.html

JTacoma03 04-01-2014 08:31 PM

Rumor has it you're a Russian with tremendous umbrella holding skills. Confirm or deny?

5QU166Y 04-01-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 2408054)

I am aware these exist, but I don't want to throw something that isn't easily replaced. Also, 160 is a little light.

turbosteve 04-02-2014 12:40 AM

I noticed recently on instagram that representatives for the disc golf park concept were at a trade show in Moscow. Was this successful? Are there any plans to bring the disc golf park concept to North America or Asia?

Spinthrift 04-02-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarintal (Post 2407664)
Our Store Manager Ryan Rintala answers your questions on a weekly basis.

While the official linkage is great, and I for one appreciate it, you have opened the door to a very large and active customer base.

If the commitment is to "once a week" that door is barely ajar, with it likely to be frustrating for some of those customers whose inquiries are buried, or for whom a "conversation" with you stretches over weeks.

Anyone who throws or is curious about DM will check this thread every time they are on site, most daily (or hourly :D).

fasteddie 04-02-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinthrift (Post 2408659)
While the official linkage is great, and I for one appreciate it, you have opened the door to a very large and active customer base.

If the commitment is to "once a week" that door is barely ajar, with it likely to be frustrating for some of those customers whose inquiries are buried, or for whom a "conversation" with you stretches over weeks.

Anyone who throws or is curious about DM will check this thread every time they are on site, most daily (or hourly :D).


THIS! I check for feedback and updates every single day. I have questions ranging back two years on their products... once a week seems very limited in scope, considering we've already got three pages in two days. I'm curious if they will be able to answer that volume with the current once a week replies, I suppose there will be quite the delay in response as the thread grows.

rarintal 04-02-2014 01:49 PM

Thank you for all for the questions, keep them coming! I will answer your questions later this week! By the way it's G-LINE not g-star ;)

niuvalleycane 04-02-2014 03:09 PM

a bud gave me a C PD with a wiped stamp, rim seems slanted, innova tooling, but no patent numbers, is it a plus rim for sure?

cjman 04-02-2014 06:46 PM

^^Not for sure. There are some without patent that are not plus rim. You should be the judge and jury on it though. If you like it, throw it.

rarintal 04-03-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinthrift (Post 2407676)
Welcome. As one who thinks the PD is one of the Top Ten Molds of All Time, it'll be great to have someone here who can give us the real skinny.

thank you very much! I hope to give you all the information you would ever want to know about Discmania Discs!

rarintal 04-03-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdieMachine (Post 2407703)
When are FD2's coming out retail? What discs are coming in GStar?

The FD2 will be available the day the store launches. I cannot comment on which discs will be launched in G-LINE just yet. This forum is intended to be directed at existing products.

rarintal 04-03-2014 04:46 PM

This forum is intended for existing products. if you keep watch on our social media outlets we will release new product information. Please lets keep the questions to existing products :)

rarintal 04-03-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird888 (Post 2407754)
Welcome to the site, and thank you for taking on this task

Just have a few questions
--When are we getting G* PDs?
--When are we getting more super flat and beefy C-Line PDs like the original CFRs?
--Any chance you can bring more shield stamp PDs into the US? I really just don't like the Freak stamp
--Any chance that you'll release a super beefy P4 that's more like the Pig/Zone? If so, when? I was really hoping the P3 was going to fill that role.

the one question i can answer is that the new Jolly Launcher PD's and the European Open Glow PD's are more overstable than the flat first runs.

rarintal 04-03-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romans 5-8 (Post 2407762)
This^^^^ I'm also curious about the new bag. Can you give us ANY info on it.

keep an eye on our social media outlets.

Daisuke 04-03-2014 05:06 PM

Are all of C-line MD2 which I believe will be stocked in the new online store "flat" or "flatter"? Or there are so much variations and we don't know it until we get them on our hand?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.