Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

93EXCivic 10-20-2016 06:57 PM

My coworker got a couple of the F2 Glow Champs. I am interested to see how they are or if they are any different from regular Glow Champs. I love my Glow Champs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODRB 10-20-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93EXCivic (Post 3087150)
My coworker got a couple of the F2 Glow Champs. I am interested to see how they are or if they are any different from regular Glow Champs. I love my Glow Champs.

Please check them out and report back. Flat and stiff -- fingers crossed. (Breath not held.)

feelinlucky 10-20-2016 07:47 PM

F2 Glow Gazelles!

F2 Glow Champ Gazelles Back in Stock at the Pro shop.

TerryTuffskins 10-20-2016 11:18 PM

Dammit to hell, why oh why doesn't Innova put out a production Gazelle in even Pro, let alone Star or Champ. Star Gazelle, that I could pick up at my local pro-shop, would buy .... Dont wanna buy a specialty disc.

Same with Cobra.

ODRB 10-24-2016 05:28 PM

So, who has thrown these new F2 Champ Glows?

93EXCivic 10-25-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3088573)
So, who has thrown these new F2 Champ Glows?

I haven't thrown but they seem identical to the regular CFR Glow Champs.

Softer blend of Champ. Flatter then Star but still a bit domey.

Personally the CFR Glows have become my favorite Gazelles.

ODRB 10-25-2016 02:40 PM

I cant stand the dome.

ODRB 11-03-2016 02:42 PM

Gazelles aren't anything special. You're not missing anything. Nothing to see here.

Admins, please delete thread.

jdw80550 11-03-2016 05:58 PM

^^^ you hush that dirty mouth of yours

93EXCivic 01-09-2017 02:19 PM

So I got a GStar Gazelle. It isn't my favorite but it reminds me of a seasoned Gazelle straight out of the box. I may run with one for a bit in these colder temperatures.

DanJon 01-09-2017 02:32 PM

I just got an 11x back from a friend who never threw it.

It was brand new when he put it in the bag, but it just lived in there for a year or two, so I bought it back when I had the chance.

I have another brand new/unthrown, but they're both like 166g.

Trying to decide if I should bag one along with my 11x Teebirds and PFN Pro Leopards.

Thinking it would be great as a longer Roc, but not as long as a Teebird.

Kodachrome 01-09-2017 02:38 PM

I personally wouldn't see the use in that setup.

Just give it to me instead.

ODRB 01-09-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3121264)

That.
But for real. There's no room between TBs and Leos for a Gazelle.

SD86 01-09-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121278)
That.

In the immortal words of my mother (and mothers everywhere): "make room".

Gazelles are, for lack of a better word, "good".

ODRB 01-09-2017 04:26 PM

Why "make room" for another mold? Especially one with a fairly unique rim that won't do anything a TB/Leo combo can?

I managed to get rid of my TBs/JLSs (sometimes, it was TB/Leo) by switching over to the Gazelle, which fit my game better since I lean so heavily on Speed 9 drivers and wanted something between OLFs and Rocs. But Teebirds and Gazelles in the same bag make no sense at all, to anyone who knows how to throw both.

Curtis_Valk 01-09-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121334)
................But Teebirds and Gazelles in the same bag make no sense at all, to anyone who knows how to throw both.

Makes perfect sense to those of us who only throw 300 or so (Undertow is my "distance driver"). I bag Teebirds in Brinster and Gstar, Gazelle in Pro, and Leos in DX and Pro. Those run right down the stability scale for me and get nearly all of my fairway action that is longer than an approach (and some driving on holes around 280).

ODRB 01-09-2017 05:50 PM

But you could just as easily (more easily actually, since Gazelles are tough to track down) add a DX Teebird (or a seasoned Teebird) OR you could add a champ Leopard and cover the random slot it the middle without the need to introduce a new mold.

Just because you CAN put another mold in your bag sure doesn't mean that you should. Think about it this way: is there a shot your Gazelle can do that you couldn't do with a TB or a Leo? If so, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's just more noise.

smarkquart 01-09-2017 06:03 PM

Could not help myself. One of my resolutions for this year, knowing I had a little money to splurge, was to reset my set-up and bring it back to everything that has ever worked for me in the past. That is the set-up I want to stick with because I have had great histories with these discs despite moving on and trying other things.

I have gone back to Voodoos, Buzzz SS, Firebirds, Verdicts, Ions, Pures, etc. The only new disc I want to stick with are my C-Line DDXs.

The other change in my set-up is going to be pulling out Leopard3s, FDs, and PFN Star TeeBirds (I just do not have enough to justify keeping them in the bags - yes, plural). So I am toying with the idea of running the combo of Rivers and Gazelles. I already have Thunderbirds, so between the Gazelle and Thunderbird, I cover everything the TeeBird could do and more.

So, I just went on to Innova Pro Shop and picked up two more Star Gazelles in yellow so that I can complete my all-yellow bag. They are perfect for what I want, and thankfully a very under-appreciated disc, so there were plenty for me to snag.

DanJon 01-09-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodachrome (Post 3121264)

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121278)
That.

Yeah I am in agreement with you guys (except for giving them away).

I just don't see the need for filling such a small gap in my line up.

I'm sure it would be fun to throw them, but I'm already heavily invested in Teebirds/Leopards and know them quite well.

ODRB 01-09-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarkquart (Post 3121389)
So, I just went on to Innova Pro Shop and picked up two more Star Gazelles in yellow so that I can complete my all-yellow bag. They are perfect for what I want, and thankfully a very under-appreciated disc, so there were plenty for me to snag.

Domey?

ODRB 01-09-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanJon (Post 3121390)
Yeah I am in agreement with you guys (except for giving them away).

I just don't see the need for filling such a small gap in my line up.

I'm sure it would be fun to throw them, but I'm already heavily invested in Teebirds/Leopards and know them quite well.

Tradesies? I have fancy TBs and Leos.

DanJon 01-09-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121392)
Tradesies? I have fancy TBs and Leos.

Shhhh were not supposed to do that in the regular forum.

smarkquart 01-09-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrboy (Post 3121391)
Domey?

A little; definitely not flat, but perfect for what I want them to do.

Kodachrome 01-09-2017 10:36 PM

I love me some domey star gazelles. They just start out so neutral and glide forever.

The cfr glo are great in that respect too. Get some dome on them for that glide, but definitely more stability than the star. I'm waiting on more circle stamps...if they could make them in that pearly plastic like the cheetah....omg.

Really, though...it's the perfect fairway. I suppose if I could toss a gazelle 450' then I might want to change. I haven't hardly thrown at all in the last few months, though, which has only served to solidify its spot in my bag even more as such a comfy and beginner friendly mold as I recover my form each time I decide to go out again.

haier2 01-09-2017 10:50 PM

Sadly the Gazelle is not in my every day bag right now. While on a trip I lost my go-to 174 *GZ (luckily returned before I left) and picked up a 171 DX Teebird at a shop to use while out of town.

Ended up loving the DX TB and its great to be able to attack water holes with the knowledge I can pick one up locally. I still keep my favorite pair of *GZ in the small bag I carry in my truck.

Questatement 01-10-2017 12:08 PM

The CS champ gazelles, as stable any TB I've thrown, pair great with a mildly seasoned star TB.

Flight paths are varied enough and they land 40' apart for me.

b-mart 01-22-2017 10:48 PM

Well, it's 2017. In December of 2015 I was told by Innova that the Gazelle was on the "endangered species list", but was safe through 2016. They're still listed on the Innova site. I see that Disc Golf Center doesn't stock them anymore, but that's been the case for a while. Anyone seeing a scarcity anywhere else?

smarkquart 01-23-2017 08:25 AM

As probably mentioned on a previous page, I picked up two more Stars, bringing the whole inventory to nine Stars and one Champion Glow. Fingers-crossed, I have never lost a Gazelle, so hopefully I am stocked for a long time.

I am always flip-flopping with them and Star TeeBirds, but it is more a matter of what I am pairing them up against that determines whether they are in the bag or not. Right now I am sandwiching them between Rivers and Thunderbirds, so the Gazelles are perfect.

b-mart 01-25-2017 12:13 AM

I know it's probably been covered, but how do the domey Stars fly in comparison to the 11x? I have a couple of flat F2 Star ones that fly exactly like an 11x, but the only Factory Store one I have was custom dyed with a Gazelle dye by a buddy and won't see air. So I throw 11x in the summer and Star in the winter, but not sure what I'll do in 15 years when those two flat Star ones are too beat in...

ODRB 01-30-2017 02:29 PM

So, threw some old DX Gazelles yesterday for giggles. Barstamp and Circle Stamp. SUCH great glide and straight qualities.
Anyone else think they'd LOVE KC Pro style Gazelles? Stiff, but with good glide and nice for cycling?

Email campaign anyone?

Kodachrome 01-30-2017 02:56 PM

I'd love them. I love dx gazelles.

jdw80550 01-30-2017 03:20 PM

Don't know if I would love them, not much of a DX guy, but would definitely buy a few.

Questatement 01-30-2017 03:30 PM

What's the fastest disc ever made in the stiff KC/Mc pro as we know it today?

Mocheez 01-30-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3131758)
So, threw some old DX Gazelles yesterday for giggles. Barstamp and Circle Stamp. SUCH great glide and straight qualities.
Anyone else think they'd LOVE KC Pro style Gazelles? Stiff, but with good glide and nice for cycling?

Email campaign anyone?

Done

jdw80550 01-30-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questatement (Post 3131802)
What's the fastest disc ever made in the stiff KC/Mc pro as we know it today?

That's a good question. I would imagine they keep to slow discs because it probably makes the discs more likely to break on impact, since they would be traveling at a high velocity.

ODRB 01-30-2017 04:10 PM

If everyone would please send something like the following to proshop@innovadiscs.com, and repeat every couple of days, we will get them eventually. It worked for Champ Polekittens, for god's sake.

Hi,

Nothing flies quite like good and reasonably-flat Gazelles for us Roc throwers that like Gazelles to carve up the woods.

Since you're overdue for a new run of Gazelles, and since you've recently run Gators in KC Pro, would you please run us some reasonably flat Gazelles in a good cycle-ble DX alternative?

Thanks,
XXXX

tbird888 01-30-2017 04:18 PM

You better specify flat and stiff KCs. You'll get the soft stuff that can't hold old DX's jock...

ODRB 01-30-2017 04:30 PM

Good point. Basically, I want a stiff 11x KC Roc, but a Gazelle.

Questatement 01-30-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3131851)
Good point. Basically, I want a stiff 11x KC Roc, but a Gazelle.

I'd call that pretty near a wet dream.

93EXCivic 01-30-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3131831)
If everyone would please send something like the following to proshop@innovadiscs.com, and repeat every couple of days, we will get them eventually. It worked for Champ Polekittens, for god's sake.

Hi,

Nothing flies quite like good and reasonably-flat Gazelles for us Roc throwers that like Gazelles to carve up the woods.

Since you're overdue for a new run of Gazelles, and since you've recently run Gators in KC Pro, would you please run us some reasonably flat Gazelles in a good cycle-ble DX alternative?

Thanks,
XXXX

Done. Although I asked for a new run of Champion as well.