Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   SURGE! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44061)

RichMeade 09-09-2011 07:52 PM

SURGE!

So, about a month ago I found an ESP Surge at a local course...
I did my civic duty and texted the owner...
They never made arrangements to pick it up...

So today I decide...I'm going to finally throw this thing (having never thrown one before)

Oh my! I don't know if today happened to be a "driving day" or what, but my first rip with this thing went out over 400'
Subsequent throws (some even a bit nose up) averaged 320-350

I'm afraid the poor soul who lost this fine piece of plastic won't be getting it back unless he pries it from my cold dead hands...

So...my question is...
assuming this disc is "broken in"...what kind of flight changes can I expect from a brand new Surge? Are they typically overstable or can I expect some turn right out of the box?
The one I have is dead nuts straight with a little fade at the end...thrown flat it'll turn slightly and finish with a forward fade right inline with the target.

ArcheType 09-09-2011 07:55 PM

They're generally like a very slightly less stable star wraith of similar condition/weight. So imagine a little bit less stable than a new wraith.

ian. 09-09-2011 08:34 PM

i love the ESP Surge..I have a noodle arm and these things will bomb..seem to glide forever. But yeah they are pretty straight out the box and will become great turnover discs..even rollers. The Elite-Z's i have thrown seem to be a lot more stable tho. Even the pro-d's i have thrown were beefier then my esp.. havent thrown the elite-x yet. Discn down atm so i havent thrown them in a bit but cant wait too once i throw them back in the bag

Dave Walters 09-09-2011 08:44 PM

SURGE!

jcf5083 09-09-2011 09:03 PM

I don't go anywhere without my ESP FLX Surge :/

MrFixIt 09-09-2011 09:24 PM

I replaced my Wraith w/ an Esp Surge because everyone said that is was "a longer Wraith". I no longer carry either one, maybe it's time to re-evaluate...

New013 09-09-2011 09:36 PM

I found a supercolor surge today, it's beefy as he'll for some reason.

RichMeade 09-09-2011 10:05 PM

Good, well I'l probably pick up at least one more maybe two from the market!

I avoided it just because I don't like to jump on Pro bandwagons and just figure stuff out on my own...but I saw a video where Nate Doss said the surge went just as far without as much effort as other drivers...and after throwing one... I definitely agree...

I have a pretty beat Pro Wraith that I have to really huck to get it out to 350' on an "s"...the surge did it with a good hard snap.

TheWCG 09-09-2011 10:15 PM

Solid disc. I honestly only use mine as a FH distance disc. It's an ESP beat up and smacked around. I FH Hyzer flip it on some pretty ridiculous lines.

New013 09-09-2011 10:17 PM

I'm 99% sure I will put the supercolor Surge I found in my trade list, so if anybody wants it just PM me and I'll shoot you a picture and the details.