Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   discmania FD- jackal ...its coming (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48575)

JAKE master 01-01-2013 11:13 AM

^just get a S a 4-5g lighter, or throw a handful of thumbers

onemilemore 01-02-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bultx1215 (Post 1761822)
I just spent some time with the 167 C on Friday, actually the first real time I have spent with it. Way more stable than the S line. That was what was making me think of the PD's. The flight was about a -1, 3ish...and fading into a strong wind even.

Yep, my new C-FD has a healthy amount of fade as well. It seems like a glidier Eagle to me, and it is great for shaping lines. Once I get my S in this week, I am excited to use those two as my only drivers for a bit.

One unexpected use I found for the C was huge skips! I threw it on a hyzer uphill, and it took the skip to about 15 feet from the pin for birdie. The skip had to have covered a good 30 feet. I wasn't trying to do that, but it puts the idea in my head for the future.

Bultx1215 01-02-2013 01:16 AM

Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. :rolleyes: Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well. :thmbup:

onemilemore 01-02-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bultx1215 (Post 1764392)
Now that you say that, Eaglish was how it was flying. I need to actually throw them while NOT in a hurricane soon. :rolleyes: Might actually tell me more....but that day did tell me they can handle some wind very well. :thmbup:

That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.

Bultx1215 01-02-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemilemore (Post 1764404)
That's good to know. We don't have a ton of wind here, but I feel pretty confident the C can handle it. It is a little more stable than I like right now, but I am dedicating myself to working it in. I know it has potential.


I was playing right as a cold front was coming in. :doh: Steady blow at 20+ with gusts well over 30+ at times. It handled it, but then I was throwing worm burners most of the time. Don't think I was throwing above 10' off the deck at all.

I'm kinda liking the stability as is. If I tune one C line to US, I'll have a very PD like line up. OS C line, stable S line and a US C to top it off.

JAKE master 01-02-2013 07:36 AM

ive not tried putting my c line on an anhy route yet. mostly cuz my S i can throw flat for the same end result, but i wonder how the c line would hold it.

my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.

Scared_Discless 01-02-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAKE master (Post 1764503)
my c md2 is very much a shorter Cfd in flight, as my sfd is very much a further smd2. really digging that i can drive my cmd2 very much the same i can standstill the CFD. these two are breeding confidence for me.

Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.

JAKE master 01-02-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scared_Discless (Post 1764549)
Jake, you should try a P-MD2 I cannot believe how straight that disc is there is almost zero low speed fade at the end.

thanks discless:thmbup:, i actually have two of them, they started the md2 legacy! i picked up p at 172 early October after loosing my dx coyote and not really jiving with rocs and star coyotes. the P are absolutely rope straight from a power stand still for me.
i picked up the 180 s to be a more stable component to the p, however the only big difference i found is the S is less prone to wind turn. so i havnt been carrying the p too much my past few rounds, blustery winter conditions. i think i would on courses with a lot of elevation, up hill shots... truly a disc that holds lines. love the dependable fade on the cmd2 when you need some bend:hfive:

Tossplastic 01-02-2013 03:29 PM

Does the FD have any similarities to the stalker? May be just a bit glidier??

Scared_Discless 01-02-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tossplastic (Post 1765488)
Does the FD have any similarities to the stalker? May be just a bit glidier??

Yes, that exactly what they are - maybe a hair slower than the Stalker.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.