Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   DGCR Announcements & News (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   First Diamond Trusted Reviewer! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11390)

thrembo 07-19-2022 08:16 PM

I thought about taking a little break once I reached Diamond, but nah. Once you got the fever, there is no cure!

wolfhaley 07-19-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyooMac (Post 3823754)
There are times when I feel like I'm chasing Diamond.

But most of the time, I just like writing reviews. I'm still honing my craft, and I'm still doing field work. I'm trying to eliminate unecessary infornation in my writing, and inefficient moves in my throwing.

I'm at 253 (reviews and feet).

My review count keeps steadily climbing.

My distance keeps steadily dropping.

Pizza God 07-19-2022 09:16 PM

Sorry, I have not been keeping up with my reviews. I admit I had motivation before I got Diamond. I was trying to post a review of a course every day.

I have only posted a couple of reviews this year and 2 of those were practice courses that you can't thumbs up or down.

I was motivated to post pictures and did become the 3rd person to reach Diamond for photo uploader. But I am even behind on getting that done at the moment, I have 6 courses I still need to upload although I have a better system now than I use too. I still need to go back into my memory card and verify I uploaded every course.

BogeyNoMore 07-19-2022 09:16 PM

What is this "distance" thing you speak of? :confused:

*wonders if Pizza God delivers to Walled Lake*

DFrah 07-19-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyooMac (Post 3823754)
There are times when I feel like I'm chasing Diamond.

But most of the time, I just like writing reviews. I'm still honing my craft, and I'm still doing field work. I'm trying to eliminate unecessary infornation in my writing, and inefficient moves in my throwing.

I'm at 253 (reviews and feet).

Literally the same for me (well, except my number is 115 ;) ).

It would be nice to hit Diamond one day. But it's not something I am focused on, and it's not why I play courses and write reviews. I'm happy to have a seat in Tyler's cubic zirconia club.

wolfhaley 07-20-2022 01:24 AM

I don't keep stats. I write reviews off the top of my head. That's how I always did it. Many of you folks give me thumbs up for unfinished reviews. 20 minute time limit and all ;)

I just don't think we need to change the system because we have a bunch of "deserving" diamonds. I was a "deserving" diamond for a long time too. It'll happen when it happens. When it does it feels pretty damn good though :D

Honestly though, I think I write more reviews now than I did while chasing the ever elusive Diamond. I also add courses, upload photos and course info. DFrah, Tyler J, Knobby etc. are my peers. I respect the work they do. I probably wouldn't be adding as much to the site without the "sub" Diamonds. This thread would be dead without them to tbh :p

nothinbuttree 07-20-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhaley (Post 3823765)
My review count keeps steadily climbing.

My distance keeps steadily dropping.

One can only hope those are not somehow related. :)

nothinbuttree 07-20-2022 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 (Post 3823726)
Have you ever seen the excel spreadsheet link on TR data maintained by Jeff?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=826186394

I have actually--I am curious why I am not in that spreadsheet now though. My silver badge is still showing up... :confused:

wolfhaley 07-20-2022 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbuttree (Post 3823811)
One can only hope those are not somehow related. :)

Bag 20+ Chicago niners. Review them.

Bag 10+ North WI/UP courses. Review them

Same temp in both places, two weeks apart. :p

wellsbranch250 07-20-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbuttree (Post 3823812)
I have actually--I am curious why I am not in that spreadsheet now though. My silver badge is still showing up... :confused:

I just checked as well.... It does not appear to have had a wholesale update in awhile. Jeff (sisyphus), is actually looking to pass the baton and have someone new take over. It takes quite some time to update, as its done manually, and he has been doing it for several years now.