Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Gear (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Shoes - Best bang for your buck? (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113439)

B.Fairbanks.1023 03-09-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3558366)
awesome im excited to hear

So I've only put one round in them so far, but I do have to say that for the price I really enjoy what they offer. I'd say that as long as they have some longevity to them (as much as can be expected for $25) That I'llbe continuing to buy them. The bottoms have a good amount of grip, and the insoles seem to fair pretty well (I put a lot of torque on my front foot. I tore up my UA sneakers in 3 rounds.)
What I bought them for and was most pleased about was the waterproof aspect. I wore them with socks which they are designed to be able to be worn without but I'm weird like that. I stepped in a puddle at least 6 or 7 times through the round and the shoes were completely dry by the end of the round. I bought a size 10 (I'm typically a 10.5w but they were out of my size) and they stretch a bit when you put them on, so if you're in-between sizes i'd say size down so they're snug.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend at least giving them a shot.

elmexdela 03-09-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Fairbanks.1023 (Post 3559416)
So I've only put one round in them so far, but I do have to say that for the price I really enjoy what they offer. I'd say that as long as they have some longevity to them (as much as can be expected for $25) That I'llbe continuing to buy them. The bottoms have a good amount of grip, and the insoles seem to fair pretty well (I put a lot of torque on my front foot. I tore up my UA sneakers in 3 rounds.)
What I bought them for and was most pleased about was the waterproof aspect. I wore them with socks which they are designed to be able to be worn without but I'm weird like that. I stepped in a puddle at least 6 or 7 times through the round and the shoes were completely dry by the end of the round. I bought a size 10 (I'm typically a 10.5w but they were out of my size) and they stretch a bit when you put them on, so if you're in-between sizes i'd say size down so they're snug.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend at least giving them a shot.

any sign of wear on the thread after a round

im hard on my shoes too and rip shoes apart in months

do they have a toe cap or would they withstand up to us nasty toe draggers

B.Fairbanks.1023 03-09-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3559453)
any sign of wear on the thread after a round

im hard on my shoes too and rip shoes apart in months

do they have a toe cap or would they withstand up to us nasty toe draggers

Most of my damage comes on the inside of the shoe so I didn't take as much notice to the outside. I'll take a look after work and update you.

elmexdela 03-09-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Fairbanks.1023 (Post 3559478)
Most of my damage comes on the inside of the shoe so I didn't take as much notice to the outside. I'll take a look after work and update you.

awesome thank you

B.Fairbanks.1023 03-09-2020 01:33 PM

Hope this helps. Im seeing a little wear around the big toe of my plant foot (left). Pm me and id be happy to send you a couple pics that I snapped on my lunch break

Casey 1988 03-10-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3559453)
any sign of wear on the thread after a round?

i'm hard on my shoes too and rip shoes apart in months.

do they have a toe cap or would they withstand up to us nasty toe draggers?

The shoe is missing the toe cap fabric but has the rubber sole up the toe more unlike some of the Merrill Varpor Gloves made more for trail running and the like.

B.Fairbanks.1023 03-10-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey 1988 (Post 3559921)
The shoe is missing the toe cap fabric but has the rubber sole up the toe more unlike some of the Merrill Varpor Gloves made more for trail running and the like.

That's accurate. I wasn't really sure how to put it into words. I went out for some field work yesterday and was specifically working on getting more drive off of my back leg and I noticed the rubber wanting to separate from the mesh above my pinky toe. I'm not upset given the price of the shoe. if I get 3-4 months out of them I'll be content, especially with it being my first experience with something other than a typical sneaker.

elmexdela 05-03-2020 09:28 PM

update

the adidas terrex ax3 are great for backwoods dg like dirt teepads however they are like mini cleats that i really dislike on concrete teepads

i got a pair on the tsla 32s and a pair of the 40s on the way

32s you can tell are cheaply made the glue is running over in multiple spots and some seams are off but the sole feels great and it feels like a barefoot shoe

i probably wont use the 32s for dg tbh i dont think they would handle my terrible form and torque but i hope the 40s do

admiralburns 05-03-2020 09:42 PM

If you are looking for a bargain, Costco is selling Adidas Terex AX2R for $29.99. Free shipping.

Aggressive soles, almost like cleats (similar comment to the one above).

Casey 1988 05-04-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmexdela (Post 3582058)
update

The adidas terrex ax3 are great for backwoods dg like dirt teepads however they are like mini cleats that i really dislike on concrete teepads.

I got a pair on the Tsla 32's and a pair of the 40's on the way.

32s you can tell are cheaply made the glue is running over in multiple spots and some seams are off but the sole feels great and it feels like a barefoot shoe.

I probably wont use the 32's for dg tbh I don't think they would handle my terrible form and torque but I hope the 40's do.

The 32 Tsla Shoes, the older model Are just from the pictures skinnier then the 40's in the front of the shoe. Another good shoe style I have seen used for disc golf are turf low cut baseball shoes, a left hand pitcher when I was playing in high school would use his turf baseball shoes for disc golf in the 2000's and was lucky he liked the lower cut shoes for baseball. I have seen from others that soccer/futball shoes that were for indoor hardwood Soccer work really well for disc golf as well, some people who were just disc golf players Used an Adidas model of indoor soccer shoe.