Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   BUZZZ SS confused (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134331)

Failsafe 06-10-2019 01:13 PM

BUZZZ SS confused

Found a Buzz ss in great condition but used at a thrift store. I looked the disc up online and it sounded like the perfect disc for my game. I am not new to the game but I am new to improving my game with specific discs. If this disc is suppose to be so good for even a beginner then why can't someone with understanding of throwing a disc get it to not dive to the left when even a poor throw should go straight? This disc acts like an overstable disc not under. I can throw it with an anhy and aim way right of my target and it will fade left but still it seems not to be the typical characteristic of this disc? Just confused but trying to learn. Is it me or the disc or both.

Moogerfooger98 06-10-2019 01:26 PM

The buzzz SS is a pretty straight disc, I'd even say "super straight." I'd check your form/nose angle if you're getting alot of fade out of it. If I throw mine around 325' it'll go dead straight with a forward fade.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Timthenchant3r 06-10-2019 02:54 PM

Is it possible that it's a Buzzz OS that is faded and hard to read? Because then the diving down to the left makes sense.

Failsafe 06-10-2019 04:05 PM

Mystery solved! I started thinking about how wear on a disc can make it under-stable which my disc is not and there is almost no wear. Started thinking that maybe the design the previous owner had painted on it could affect the flight. Although, I felt it would make it less stable. I got out a razor blade and scraped it clean. Sure enough it now flies much straighter but still a fairly big fade at the end.

nrihan 06-10-2019 04:27 PM

It's most likely you. Not enough power on the disc if it isn't going straight

Failsafe 06-10-2019 06:37 PM

As mentioned above, mystery solved, it was the paint on the disc. Also a disc that is said to be great for a beginner should not take a lot of power. Also it seems that if I can get my Halo with speed 13 to turn over (not always but it is getting there) I should be able to turn over an understable speed 5 but I am still learning all the number stuff.

gammaxgoblin 06-10-2019 07:38 PM

i know you solved it but some food for thought....maybe used or abandoned discs are so for a reason...in this hypothetical case maybe cuz it didnt fly right or true to its numbers =)

Um... 06-10-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gammaxgoblin (Post 3460678)
i know you solved it but some food for thought....maybe used or abandoned discs are so for a reason...in this hypothetical case maybe cuz it didnt fly right or true to its numbers =)

This is a great point. I had a Buzzz SS that flew way more OS than advertised. Couldn't have been more happy than when I threw it into a pond, never to return.

And while I understand the idea that it was paint that was affecting the flight, I'll wager that your removal of the paint added more wear to the disc, essentially giving it some artificial, yet beneficial, wear.

With that said, keep in mind that the natural tendency of ALL discs is to have a little bit of fade back. The Buzzz is on the longer/faster side of mid-range discs, so the SS iteration isn't necessarily straight if you aren't throwing it up to speed and with the correct form. If you're really looking for "straight", you'd probably be better served with a Sol or a Meteor (just keeping it in the DC family. Plenty of other options out there).

Jolt 06-11-2019 01:43 AM

I feel like if you really want that "super straight" flight out of a Buzzz SS you need to release it flat with decent amount of spin, and throw it in the 250feet range.
Any longer that that you need a slight anny release. . .any slower/shorter and it will fade out

GripEnemy 06-11-2019 02:35 AM

^Typo? I throw mids a good bit farther than 250' and certainly do not need an anhyzer release for straight shots:D