Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V) (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133486)

wolfmandragon 05-13-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3450961)
Fair enough. I have't thrown any gyro sparkle, so I can't talk to how they specifically mold up. But I have bagged metal flake discs in both Innova and Trilogy molds, and there's a noticable difference compared to stock Champion/Lucid/Opto plastic. The Trilogy ones are close enough that it might just be placebo effect, but Innova metal flake is an obvious step up in stability.

Big step up on Discraft as well.

ThrowaEnvy 05-13-2019 02:11 PM

I have not tried a Plasma Wave yet... definitely on the wish list if I can find a light one.. But I'm trying to slim down the molds.. Mass redundancy right now

discerdoo 05-13-2019 02:11 PM

I have a sparkle Inertia that's domier and more stable than my flattish neutron and plasma Inertias.

funguy 05-13-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3450961)
Fair enough. I have't thrown any gyro sparkle, so I can't talk to how they specifically mold up. But I have bagged metal flake discs in both Innova and Trilogy molds, and there's a noticable difference compared to stock Champion/Lucid/Opto plastic. The Trilogy ones are close enough that it might just be placebo effect, but Innova metal flake is an obvious step up in stability.


I still think its funny that many call it metal flake when it really is just glitter (nearly no metal at all).

ThrowaEnvy 05-13-2019 10:04 PM

What's the consensus on the most consistent fairway for hyzer flipping? Something that can turn easy without burning?

Moose33 05-13-2019 10:31 PM

For me it’s a Plazzy Crave. Little hyzer and ride. Glide for hours.

brutalbrutus 05-13-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3451123)
What's the consensus on the most consistent fairway for hyzer flipping? Something that can turn easy without burning?

Didnt you already say you were gonna try a Relay...;)

ThrowaEnvy 05-13-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalbrutus (Post 3451129)
Didnt you already say you were gonna try a Relay...;)

Got a 165 and 174g.. I was considering a 152 Relay.. Haha

ThrowaEnvy 05-14-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphilso1 (Post 3450957)
I've stopped bagging my N Vanish and N Wave, because a Plasma Wave sits perfectly between them in stability and with added glide to boot. If you haven't tried a Plasma Wave, I highly recommend them. It is my understable distance driver, but with clean form and a touch of hyzer I can mash it long and straight. Plaz Wave is an excellent and very versatile straight-to-understable driver.

For some headwind help, I know this isn't gyro but I recommend the Discmania CD3. It's a very thin/controllable rim size, even for a speed 11.

Is the CD3 the same as a Craze? I got one of those I think it's CD2 though...

Tried a practice round in the yard.. Took the Wave for a spin.. I'm getting better results with it than last year at end of season.. Weird.. Pretty similar to the Inertia for me but nicely different.. I might take the suggestion and grab a 155 plasma..

Pretty unsure on the 152 Relay.. Not sure if I want one that flippy.. I was kinda thinking of beating down a 152 Plasma Crave, invest in the long term.. I was trying to set a 3 Disc limit.. So I can buy another 3 haha (probably Comets, maybe a Sting)

aphilso1 05-14-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3451159)
Is the CD3 the same as a Craze? I got one of those I think it's CD2 though...

Tried a practice round in the yard.. Took the Wave for a spin.. I'm getting better results with it than last year at end of season.. Weird.. Pretty similar to the Inertia for me but nicely different.. I might take the suggestion and grab a 155 plasma..

Pretty unsure on the 152 Relay.. Not sure if I want one that flippy.. I was kinda thinking of beating down a 152 Plasma Crave, invest in the long term.. I was trying to set a 3 Disc limit.. So I can buy another 3 haha (probably Comets, maybe a Sting)

Craze is the CD, 10/5/-1/2. CD3 is a step up in speed, 11/5/-1/2. I've never thrown a regular CD so can't compare, but obviously their numbers are close.

Right now for 11 Speeds I'm bagging a max weight fresh Star Wraith, a fresh 171g S-line CD3, and a 171 Plasma Wave that's had the 'new' beaten out of it so something like a 7/10 or 8/10. The CD3 is much closer to the Wraith in terms of stability/flight characteristics than it is to the Wave. Compared to a Wraith, the CD3 fades significantly less but still has really good HSS. For your power level and for woods play I think it would be all the headwind help you could need. Would toe the line really well between too much beef and not enough.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.