Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SQUATCH Legend! (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140292)

Broken Shoulder 10-01-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3758298)
But your not up on the legacy threads bashing them are you? Why not?

*Maybe you are. I don't follow legacy.

You seem like a pretty level-headed guy. Is it really cool with you that someone blatantly copies someone's design and passes it off astheir own?
If your kid did this for a school project, would you defend them and look the other way?

ThrowBot 10-01-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3758300)
If your kid did this for a school project, would you defend them and look the other way?

If my kid made a frolf backpack for a school project, I'd honestly be pretty happy about it.

HarkeyPuck 10-01-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3758279)
If the Squatch is dope,

ugh…

HarkeyPuck 10-01-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowBot (Post 3758311)
If my kid made a frolf backpack for a school project, I'd honestly be pretty happy about it.

Well yeah, he’s not even in Junior high yet. That’d be impressive.

jakebake91 10-01-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3758300)
You seem like a pretty level-headed guy. Is it really cool with you that someone blatantly copies someone's design and passes it off astheir own?

Ive never said that I agree with it or would support a company blatantly doing this.

But I absolutely recognize that there is rampant "copying" all over in this sport. I just don't understand why we are getting all up in arms over this bag.

Broken Shoulder 10-01-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3758315)
Ive never said that I agree with it or would support a company blatantly doing this.

But I absolutely recognize that there is rampant "copying" all over in this sport. I just don't understand why we are getting all up in arms over this bag.

Honestly, it's mostly not this egregious.

HarkeyPuck 10-01-2021 03:31 PM

I agree. Nobody put out a statement saying after 20 years in the disc golf business we have decided to put our efforts into making a great disc for the disc golf community… And then they bring out a Teebird clone

They just make a Teebird clone and put it in there stable Fairway Driver slot. No taking credit for the design

HarkeyPuck 10-01-2021 04:15 PM

Now if they can make the long sought after “Longer TeeBird” then they can brag.

txmxer 10-01-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODRB (Post 3758287)
Yup. Levi designed that one too.

does it come with a pack mule?

ThrowBot 10-01-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3758315)

It's the Pound cult following! When you drop >$300 on a disc golf bag, you're buying into the whole deal...literally, and I guess emotionally in some cases.

The Octothorpe is worth that much to people, not only for the excellent design, but also for the top-notch materials/craftsmanship. And knowing that it's made in the US by workers who are compensated fairly and work in clean and safe environments.

When you take that same highly valued design and cheap out on the rest of it, feelings get hurt, bro. We can't have The Poors being able to afford a bag that kinda looks like mine!

That's different from a Teebird that is made in California and costs $15-20 getting copied as the Rival...which is made in California and costs $15-20.