Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

ru4por 01-07-2021 04:44 PM

;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3678041)
Good luck with your altered DNA.
Should have taken my $100.

There is no biologic function that combines mRNA and DNA. I have included a basic overview below, in layman's terms.

I understand fear. I think there is need for concern and research in taking the vaccine.

I officially do not remember any offer of 100 bucks. ;)

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/wi...e-alter-my-dna

DavidSauls 01-07-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678034)
Thought I would update my vaccine story. The day I got the vaccine, I felt pretty crappy about four hours later. For the rest of the day I had a good sized headache, general body aches, malaise and non much of an appetite. My arm also hurt moderately. The following day was a bit better, but my back was killing me, the body aches were a bit better, I was still fairly worn out and the headache faded. By day three I was fine, with a slight arm ache. It is said the second dose is supposed to be worse, that will suck, but worth it.

I'm optimistic about the side effects because I'm old and have most of those symptoms every day, anyway, plus a lack of appetite will do me good. That gets me down to just a headache.

Broken Shoulder 01-07-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsammons (Post 3678049)
Not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but regardless.

The vaccine is an mRNA vaccine, meaning it teaches your body to give an immune response when coming in contact with a certain protein. The coronavirus vaccine does in no way affect your actual DNA; people get spooked when they hear anything related to DNA or RNA, but the vaccination does not rewrite anything in your body, it only trains it how to act when presented with certain pathogens.

It was a joke.
I used the wrong font.

Broken Shoulder 01-07-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder (Post 3658942)
Didn't you post a while back that you took a test that showed you had antibodies?
If that's true...

*leans close and whispers*

...I'll give you one hundred American dollars for your vaccine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678056)
;)

There is no biologic function that combines mRNA and DNA. I have included a basic overview below, in layman's terms.

I understand fear. I think there is need for concern and research in taking the vaccine.

It was a ways back.
I know your DNA is fine.

DavidSauls 01-07-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678056)
;)

I wish people would quit explaining this. I didn't exactly get an exemplary set of DNA at the start, and you're dashing my hopes that a change might be for the better.

txmxer 01-08-2021 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3678094)
I wish people would quit explaining this. I didn't exactly get an exemplary set of DNA at the start, and you're dashing my hopes that a change might be for the better.

Depends on your definition of exemplary. You've made it this far. Don't worry, be happy.

pssst...i got a guy with the gamma rays that might have what you are looking for...just don't make him mad.

medic5888 01-08-2021 04:35 AM

Hey guys Paramedic here. I took the vaccine as I urge all of you guys to do as well. The sample size done in these trials represents an appropriate population size to prove the vaccine safe. It does not cause infertility...23 women became pregnant after they received the vaccine during the trials and are having completely normal pregnancies'. I have not grown a 3rd arm or anything. The only side effect I had was a sore arm ( not my throwing arm on purpose ) just like the flu shot. The cases of anaphylaxis are not that common. If you are having that severe of an allergic reaction its due to something in the vaccine you have already been exposed to and are allergic too. I could go into it but I wont bore you. It takes more than 1 exposure to an allergen to cause that severe of a reaction. Guys we have a chance to stop this virus and get back to normal. Again I encourage for everyone to get the vaccine. Do not listen to the fake stories on facebook about it. Lets do this to save lives. Lets do this so we can go back to watching events in person!

DavidSauls 01-08-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmxer (Post 3678253)
Depends on your definition of exemplary. You've made it this far. Don't worry, be happy.

pssst...i got a guy with the gamma rays that might have what you are looking for...just don't make him mad.

I classify mine as "functional", for which I am, of course, grateful.

I didn't get the ones that allow someone to pick up a disc for the first time, and 3 weeks later throw it 400'.

Have they worked out the correct dosage on those gamma rays, yet?

ejvogie 01-08-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3678282)
Have they worked out the correct dosage on those gamma rays, yet?

Who cares? You know how far you could throw all Hulkified?

Main drawback is cowering naked in the fetal position after rounds.

DavidSauls 01-08-2021 01:53 PM

Meanwhile, and back on topic, a bit of recent political news obscured the news of some of the worst days yet in the Covid saga, both in my state and the nation as a whole.

ru4por 01-08-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3678488)
Meanwhile, and back on topic, a bit of recent political news obscured the news of some of the worst days yet in the Covid saga, both in my state and the nation as a whole.

To say nothing of a 100,000+ person superspreader event. With thousands of, out of state terrorists, all flying back to their covidiot minded bubbles, to wreak havoc on their home healthcare systems.

billmh 01-08-2021 02:12 PM

The second dose

1 Attachment(s)
David's right, distraction isn't helpful. As of today, per Johns Hopkins, 366,644 of our fellow US citizens have died of COVID. Play it where it lies.

On a hopeful note, the lovely wife received her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. I'm grateful that she is heading towards 95%+ efficacy as she serves in a hospital with over 200 COVID patients.

As for side effects, she's pretty sure that no headache she might get from the vaccine can compare with what she and her colleagues have been through working the last month.

billmh 01-08-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678501)
To say nothing of a 100,000+ person superspreader event. With thousands of, out of state terrorists, all flying back to their covidiot minded bubbles, to wreak havoc on their home healthcare systems.

We need a "Not Nice" option.

DavidSauls 01-08-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Very true.

As it was happening, I was thinking of the members of Congress, staff, and media who have been trying to social distance, crammed into secure places for hours out of necessity.

DG_player 01-08-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Wasn't there a big study done recently that said protests didn't spread Covid?

Monocacy 01-08-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG_player (Post 3678640)

Link? ;)

Otherwise, details matter. Masked is better than not. Outdoors is better than indoors. Distanced is better than not. Washing/sanitizing your hands from time to time doesn't hurt.

From an infection control standpoint, surrounding the Capitol is safer than going inside. :rolleyes:

teemkey 01-09-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Was that the one conducted by the tear gas manufacturers association when they were trying for FDA vaccine approval?

DiscFifty 01-09-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

I 100% agree it was a super spreader event, just like all of the other events earlier in the year where 1000s of out of state people congregated.

1000s of out of state terrorists.. Not saying I agree or disagree, but I'm just wondering if you would label 1000s of out of state people coming into a town and burning businesses down terrorists?

Jay Dub 01-09-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3678772)
I 100% agree it was a super spreader event, just like all of the other events earlier in the year where 1000s of out of state people congregated.

1000s of out of state terrorists.. Not saying I agree or disagree, but I'm just wondering if you would label 1000s of out of state people coming into a town and burning businesses down terrorists?

You keep trying to bring your politics into this thread knowing there's a thread for that.

ru4por 01-09-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

I did not hear about business being burned on Wednesday.

Halcón 01-09-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3678773)
You keep trying to bring your politics into this thread knowing there's a thread for that.

Do not blame DiscFifty for ru4por's politics. And remember, this is supposed to be a great discussion, based on science. Guess someone forgot his own advice.

ru4por 01-09-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3678968)
Do not blame DiscFifty for ru4por's politics. And remember, this is supposed to be a great discussion, based on science. Guess someone forgot his own advice.

The only pseudo political word in my post was terrorist. I did not see it as much political, as a tame pragmatic term for the participants. I am sure this "catch" has you sporting some solid wood. Back to trolling the watercooler for you now.

My apologies to this thread. But, my comment of the recent "political disagreement", having scientific potential to become a superspreader event, especially in light of the emergence of the newer, more contagious strain of COVID, stands up in the vein of this thread.

DanJon 01-09-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

I wonder if there was a big difference in what people were wearing at certain events.

Jay Dub 01-09-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3678968)
burp.

Go away fake account.

Halcón 01-09-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3679010)
Go away fake account.

This isn't the Water Cooler. Your lies are not tolerated nearly as much here.

Jay Dub 01-09-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcón (Post 3679034)

That's only when I lie.

joshhyzer 01-09-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Why do you mask your IP address if you're not a fake account?

Emoney 01-09-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Says the guy living his/her life based off one...

Anyways, i see 4k americans lost today from Covid. Its sad that people still disregard these numbers.

I personally am not scared of Covid but a large portion of the population should be very concerned.
The mis-information is the biggest threat. The population most affected by Covid are the ones that are the most susceptible to mis-information.

My father, who is basically a Karen, is stuck in his own world and believes whatever the ppl in his bubble say.
He will not get the vaccine no matter what factual information is presented to him.

I just hope his crazy beliefs and lack of rationale doesnt hurt the family members i actually care about.

ThrowaEnvy 01-09-2021 09:16 PM

I dunno man but at this point maskless people should be labelled terrorists.

Emoney 01-09-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy (Post 3679120)

I just cant push myself that far to believe this. I take Covid very seriously and am scared for my family and friends.

With how the current administration handled this terribly and the 98% survival rate, i can understand the other side.
I dont agree with the non-believers or people that dont take it seriously.

I just think the lack of knowledgeable coherent clear information when this started ,forced people to search for answers. To form their own opinions because the "leader" kept disagreeing with the scientists and experts.

You see these gullible non-educated people on the news all the time. I truly believe they dont actually have the capacity to reasonably create an informed factual opinion.

BogeyNoMore 01-10-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Halcon = pot calling the kettle black.

DiscFifty 01-10-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

With thousands of, out of state terrorists, all flying back to their covidiot minded bubbles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678978)
The only pseudo political word in my post was terrorist. I did not see it as much political, as a tame pragmatic term for the participants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3678873)
I did not hear about business being burned on Wednesday.

One's personal beliefs can lead to selective judgement where it becomes a strong motivator for self appeasement.

DiscFifty 01-10-2021 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3679150)
You see these gullible non-educated people on the news all the time.

Because it triggers an emotional response which is good for business. How boring would it be to see in interview after interview.. "Oh sure, everyone I know wears a mask. It's obviously the right thing to do." ;)

Jay Dub 01-10-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

The label of "terrorists" is being used so often it will lose it's meaning.

Jay Dub 01-10-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscFifty (Post 3679170)
Because it triggers an emotional response which is good for business. How boring would it be to see in interview after interview.. "Oh sure, everyone I know wears a mask. It's obviously the right thing to do." ;)

I watched an example of this during the events Wed in DC on one of the networks. The reporter live on the scene kept correcting himself from one description of what was happening to another description and apologizing for it each time. What he corrected and how made it much more sensational.

I found that very telling. I wondered who he was apologizing to.

That was the media making the narrative.

Dingus 01-10-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoney (Post 3679150)
because the "leader" kept disagreeing with the scientists and experts.

One of the problems is that the “scientists and experts” that were promoted by the media were Fauci and Gates, literally supervillains. We live in a comic book that has supervillains fighting each other and no hero in sight.

Halcón 01-10-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

How do you know they haven't recovered from Covid, or have been vaccinated, and have immunity. (I know you are more isolated on your little island, but over here in the US, I estimate that 100 million of us have already had this virus, or have been vaccinated. There's a fair chance that if I see someone without a mask, they don't really need one, especially if they are distancing.)

DavidSauls 01-10-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingus (Post 3679216)
One of the problems is that the “scientists and experts” that were promoted by the media were Fauci and Gates, literally supervillains. We live in a comic book that has supervillains fighting each other and no hero in sight.

Balderdash. Fauci and Gates were merely spokesmen for Science, for the overwhelming consensus of virologists, epidemiologists, and other scientists in long-revered agencies, as well as research institutions, every state, and every other advanced nation in the world. In short, the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Nations that valued their expertise, have suffered far less than those that ignored it.

Halcón 01-10-2021 10:02 AM

Oh, David. You capitalized the word science. That's really disturbing.

Dingus 01-10-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3679228)
Balderdash. Fauci and Gates were merely spokesmen for Science, for the overwhelming consensus of virologists, epidemiologists, and other scientists in long-revered agencies, as well as research institutions, every state, and every other advanced nation in the world. In short, the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Nations that valued their expertise, have suffered far less than those that ignored it.

You just engaged in doublespeak. Either they are an “expert” or a “spokesman”. Not both. In fact they are NOT experts but spokesmen as you said first. Fauci is personally responsible for making the AIDS epidemic flare in many of the same ways Trump is responsible for COVID. Both men are straight up evil.