Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Disc Golf Chat (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are we not taking Covid-19 seriously (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136199)

billmh 12-05-2020 10:39 AM

Vox article on Melbourne, Australia's successful response to date
 
Greetings friends. I found this to be mostly helpful and accessible: https://www.vox.com/2020/12/4/221512...cases-lockdown

With ex-pat family in Melbourne we have heard months of first-hand accounts of their trials and errors and current (their summer) success and freedoms. There's no doubt that America and Australia are very different beasts on many levels, which the article notes, but they're "winning" for now.

Meanwhile, my wife's hospital is at its all-time high with COVID hospitalizations today as I write this, operating with modeling that tells them it will be getting yet worse.

Stay safe.

Innova63 12-05-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3665232)
According to the NY Times estimator tool, I'm about 269,700,000th in line for the vaccine.

Can you post the link?

I am curious how many millions will be ahead of me.

txmxer 12-05-2020 12:23 PM

I figure I've been doing something right to have avoided catching it to this point. I'll continue my current efforts as long as necessary.

The vaccine is essentially manmade herd immunity. If all the people I/my family come in to contact with (health care, food services, etc.) get immunized, my risk goes down as well. Not being 1st or even near the front of the line doesn't concern me that much.

On the plus side, I'm not a guinea pig for the early vaccine. Not that I won't take it when I get the opportunity, but that's an upside to be lower on the list. Any problems with the vaccines should be identified by the time I get my turn.

DavidSauls 12-05-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innova63 (Post 3665368)
Can you post the link?

I am curious how many millions will be ahead of me.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-timeline.html

Monocacy 12-05-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSauls (Post 3665379)

Thanks for the link, David.

NYT estimates me behind either 100+ million or 200+ million people, depending whether I would be considered "essential".

Which doesn't really change my outlook, since my goal has been trying to hold on and stay safe until June 2021. And probably ease back into normal-ish life after that.

Jay Dub 12-05-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Based on your risk profile, we believe youíre in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Ohio, we think youíre behind 10.0 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Butler County, youíre behind 316,700 others.
I'll be hanging back with you guys.

DavidSauls 12-05-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3665389)

Which doesn't really change my outlook, since my goal has been trying to hold on and stay safe until June 2021. And probably ease back into normal-ish life after that.

I'd rather have it, than not. But I was reconciled from the beginning, that I wouldn't be high on the list. In the meantime, as the rest of the population gets vaccinated, I get a bit of a shield.

So without it, I'm safer due to those who receive it.

But with it, I'd be even safer from those who don't.

And of course, if something goes wrong with the vaccine, they ought to figure it out long before my turn. That's the silver lining.

Innova63 12-05-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Dub (Post 3665392)
I'll be hanging back with you guys.

Jay Dub and I can swap old disc stories together...

Based on your risk profile, we believe youíre in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Wisconsin, we think youíre behind 4.7 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Waukesha County, youíre behind 305,900 others.

Jay Dub 12-05-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innova63 (Post 3665461)
Jay Dub and I can swap old disc stories together...

Based on your risk profile, we believe youíre in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Wisconsin, we think youíre behind 4.7 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Waukesha County, youíre behind 305,900 others.

Yes and I have a Waukesha story for you!! :clap:

The ex DA (Buchner?) and me be mates.

Monocacy 12-07-2020 11:12 PM

Waukesha you say? I have a bunch of in-laws around there.

I have a video call to see if I meet criteria for the Johnson & Johnson Phase 3 COVID vaccine trial next week. If accepted I'll have coin-flip odds between salt water or vaccine. Single shot vaccine, Adenoviral vector (vs. mRNA for Moderna and Pfizer). Reports from Phase 1/2 seem promising.

ru4por 12-07-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3666346)
Waukesha you say? I have a bunch of in-laws around there.

I have a video call to see if I meet criteria for the Johnson & Johnson Phase 3 COVID vaccine trial next week. If accepted I'll have coin-flip odds between salt water or vaccine. Single shot vaccine, Adenoviral vector (vs. mRNA for Moderna and Pfizer). Reports from Phase 1/2 seem promising.

Hope you get chosen and kudos for the effort! In lieu of a trial, since there are none available around me, I signed up for a convalescent plasma donation program. I am currently waiting to hear back from them.

The Governor here just extended the shutdown on indoor dining and many other things. In effect until Dec. 24th. Of course, the restaurant groups are crying and demanding to know why they cannot open.

I see we have also lost Discraft Dad to a perma ban. Gee.....what a shame.

BogeyNoMore 12-08-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3666346)
I have a video call to see if I meet criteria for the Johnson & Johnson Phase 3 COVID vaccine trial next week. If accepted I'll have coin-flip odds between salt water or vaccine. Single shot vaccine, Adenoviral vector (vs. mRNA for Moderna and Pfizer). Reports from Phase 1/2 seem promising.

You're not as cute as a guinea pig. :\

Monocacy 12-08-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore (Post 3666841)
You're not as cute as a guinea pig. :\

Maybe I'll grow some fuzzy ears. :)

ru4por 12-08-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3666843)
Maybe I'll grow some fuzzy ears. :)

As an old guy, I can assure you.............................you will.

Jay Dub 12-09-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3666851)
As an old guy, I can assure you.............................you will.

I had to get use to the barber asking if I wanted my ears cut also... :( ;)

They are reporting here today that the surge they were expecting from Thanksgiving is not happening and the curve is flattening. Let's hope that stands.

McCready 12-09-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3666354)
I see we have also lost Discraft Dad to a perma ban. Gee.....what a shame.

Man, 2020 has been a ****show overall, but last couple of months have been filled with surprise little awesome nuggets like this. Keep the faith everyone. Good things do still happen to good people.

ru4por 12-09-2020 01:40 PM

Some good news for our Canadian friends.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cana...accine-2020-12

A realistic recount of what the COVID vaccinations are going to be like.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-pfi...153533101.html

dehaas 12-09-2020 02:44 PM

Figure I'll share my recent experiences...

Started to feel a bit tired and congested the day after Thanksgiving, but didn't think much of it. I run more than I disc golf at this point, and had put in some heavy mileage earlier in the week (was supposed to run a trail marathon December 6) and not slept too well. We've also had some pretty significant temperature swings lately, usually with the wind kicking up when a big front moves through. I'm 38 and finding things like that are starting to mildly bother me for a day or two now and then go away.

Got a good night's sleep and felt a lot better, still had some congestion...which was more sinus pressure than anything else. Had taken my temp several times Friday night, no fever or any other symptoms. Told my girlfriend Friday night that I didn't feel better Saturday morning I'd go get tested. Fatigue wasn't there, but still a bit congested, nothing terrible or out of the ordinary. By Sunday it hadn't went away, so scheduled a test and came back positive.

Never had a fever, had my appetite the entire time, never lost taste or smell...nothing at all aside from one day of fatigue and a bit of congestion. I had even went out on my own and ran a couple of times before I was able to get tested. I can't say that I ever "felt" sick, didn't have any issues breathing and my heart rate stayed within my normal range for the distance/intensity I was hitting.

Fortunately the couple of people I had been in contact with just prior to my day of fatigue have all tested negative for now. Obviously I've been doing the isolation thing, and prior to that have been pretty careful. I've been working from home, wearing a mask out at the stores, typically only going out if it's necessary, etc. Not sure who or where I would've picked it up.

So I guess the point is...now that we're entering cold/flu season if you you've got anything at all going on, go get tested. I definitely didn't feel like I had anything more than just the normal "my body is just getting used to cold weather running season".

DavidSauls 12-09-2020 03:38 PM

Thanks for sharing.

It's a bit tough, deciding whether symptoms of some routine bug or allergy or old age warrant getting a test.

BogeyNoMore 12-09-2020 07:03 PM

Dehaas, here's another thank you for sharing your account.

It's funny how varied people's responses can be, but I guess that how viruses work. Some people don't get it too bad. Others do. Some never recover. :(

Guess it's not all that different from the flu in that regard.

My gut tells me it has something to do with how much virus you're exposed, how long your exposed for... Maybe even how deeply you're breathing at the time.

Not to mention your overall health and condition of your immune system, and any health issues Covid might exacerbate (or might exacerbate Covid).

And some things just affect people very differently, cause that's just how the DNA rolls.

...a lot of variables.

McCready 12-09-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 3667192)
Figure I'll share my recent experiences...

Started to feel a bit tired and congested the day after Thanksgiving, but didn't think much of it. I run more than I disc golf at this point, and had put in some heavy mileage earlier in the week (was supposed to run a trail marathon December 6) and not slept too well. We've also had some pretty significant temperature swings lately, usually with the wind kicking up when a big front moves through. I'm 38 and finding things like that are starting to mildly bother me for a day or two now and then go away.

Got a good night's sleep and felt a lot better, still had some congestion...which was more sinus pressure than anything else. Had taken my temp several times Friday night, no fever or any other symptoms. Told my girlfriend Friday night that I didn't feel better Saturday morning I'd go get tested. Fatigue wasn't there, but still a bit congested, nothing terrible or out of the ordinary. By Sunday it hadn't went away, so scheduled a test and came back positive.

Never had a fever, had my appetite the entire time, never lost taste or smell...nothing at all aside from one day of fatigue and a bit of congestion. I had even went out on my own and ran a couple of times before I was able to get tested. I can't say that I ever "felt" sick, didn't have any issues breathing and my heart rate stayed within my normal range for the distance/intensity I was hitting.

Fortunately the couple of people I had been in contact with just prior to my day of fatigue have all tested negative for now. Obviously I've been doing the isolation thing, and prior to that have been pretty careful. I've been working from home, wearing a mask out at the stores, typically only going out if it's necessary, etc. Not sure who or where I would've picked it up.

So I guess the point is...now that we're entering cold/flu season if you you've got anything at all going on, go get tested. I definitely didn't feel like I had anything more than just the normal "my body is just getting used to cold weather running season".

This sounds very much like what I experienced the first week of November. Just really tired with slight congestion for about 3 days, then woke up the next morning and I was back to normal. I canít remember ever being ďmildlyĒ sick like that before; with most colds Iím coughing hard for a week and last time I had the flu it was brutal. But Iíve been taking zinc, vitamin C & D so maybe that helped. Maybe I should get tested for antibodies.

BogeyNoMore 12-09-2020 08:58 PM

I love women with nice antibodies.

dehaas 12-09-2020 10:43 PM

By no means am I trying to play it down like "oh it's nothing to worry about". Want to make that absolutely clear.

I know I was lucky, sister and mom are both nurses and both hammered me about getting tested right away. Seriously thought I just had a bit of a cold...my gf calls me a space heater, I'll run in 35 degree temps in a singlet and gloves so this time of year when temps transition for good there's always a sniffle or runny nose or something. Didn't think twice about it.

In reality if it weren't for an upcoming race and family asking about getting tested I don't know if I would've on my own given how I felt. That sounds bad to say, and I'm definitely not a denier...I think it's human nature for us to think we'd be able to tell if we "just didn't feel right". Absolutely not the case at all.

Go get tested because everybody else might not be as lucky as you.

ru4por 12-09-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 3667422)
By no means am I trying to play it down like "oh it's nothing to worry about". Want to make that absolutely clear.

I know I was lucky, sister and mom are both nurses and both hammered me about getting tested right away. Seriously thought I just had a bit of a cold...my gf calls me a space heater, I'll run in 35 degree temps in a singlet and gloves so this time of year when temps transition for good there's always a sniffle or runny nose or something. Didn't think twice about it.

In reality if it weren't for an upcoming race and family asking about getting tested I don't know if I would've on my own given how I felt. That sounds bad to say, and I'm definitely not a denier...I think it's human nature for us to think we'd be able to tell if we "just didn't feel right". Absolutely not the case at all.

Go get tested because everybody else might not be as lucky as you.

I don't think you came across dismissive. I am glad you did not get hit hard.

I had it back in May and my symptoms were very similar. Fatigue, body aches and I had a decent headache for a couple days. I was working 12 hour shifts, in full gear, dehydrating myself badly each day. Dismissed it as all of the above and some spring allergies. I did not get tested for another couple weeks. Tested positive x2 for antibodies. No cough, no temp, no shortness of breath. You never know. Scary part was how many people I could have infected and harmed. Because I was working bedside with COVID patients, I was totally self isolating for months. Thank god. My wife was the exception, and she is negative to this day. Insidious.

dehaas 12-10-2020 12:01 AM

Funny AF, my ex wife was from Allen Park...pretty sure visiting one time we went to Dearborn or somewhere close and was told we were going to a ďMediterraneanĒ restaurant. Definitely Arabic, and definitely delicious.

Canít for the life of me remember the name of the place but it was awesome. I just chuckled as soon as we walked in, absolutely nothing Mediterranean about it.

R-Ogre 12-10-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3666354)

I see we have also lost Discraft Dad to a perma ban. Gee.....what a shame.

Itís ok sonicguy/oldmandiscer will be back with another pseudonym quicker than COVID spreading in a bar.

R-Ogre 12-10-2020 12:28 AM

This is probably the best place for this.

Just got back from a week in DFW for mandatory recurrent training for work. Copped (with permission) an N95 from the medical side. Wore it 100% of the time in the training center and any other indoor locations other than my hotel room. Definitely got some funny looks from the middle aged dudes with their noses hanging out of their cloth masks but w/e. Normally on something like this, I’d go hit a bar/restaurant every evening to chill and study. Stuff was still open but I only did takeout. Other than picking up meals and the training center, the only indoor activities I did were a trip to Costco (long story but I ended up on a 6 day trip with only my overnight bag), a trip to a local dg shop, and Best Buy for a couple electronics purchases for the fam. Again, N95 for both all those. I did ditch the mask for a couple rounds of golf, but even on the rounds where I threw in with a couple locals we all kept distance and between that and sunlight/wind dispersion I’m not at all worried. Back in AK now and awaiting results of round 1 of travel testing.

Side note: there’s a couple very solid courses around DFW. The ones I played were nothing that would make a 1000 rated player sweat but for a hack rec player like me totally workable balance of challenge and playability.

Final edit: our workplace is expecting some vaccine availability in the next 2 weeks. Not sure how many there will be but I told em if the FAA signs off on flight crew taking it while still under EUA I’m game.

Casey 1988 12-10-2020 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-Ogre (Post 3667447)
It’s ok sonicguy/oldmandiscer will be back with another pseudonym quicker than COVID spreading in a bar.

He would have had to have both Sonic Guy and Oldmandiscer at the same time and fought against himself to be both. Sonic Guy is somebody else, I think, or we have a person with super quick like beyond quickest known Multiple Personality disorder person (they are at 1 hour to 2 hours for that person switching personalities) switching from personality to personality. I fear that with Oldmandiscer.

DavidSauls 12-10-2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 3667422)
By no means am I trying to play it down like "oh it's nothing to worry about". Want to make that absolutely clear.

I know I was lucky, sister and mom are both nurses and both hammered me about getting tested right away. Seriously thought I just had a bit of a cold...my gf calls me a space heater, I'll run in 35 degree temps in a singlet and gloves so this time of year when temps transition for good there's always a sniffle or runny nose or something. Didn't think twice about it.

In reality if it weren't for an upcoming race and family asking about getting tested I don't know if I would've on my own given how I felt. That sounds bad to say, and I'm definitely not a denier...I think it's human nature for us to think we'd be able to tell if we "just didn't feel right". Absolutely not the case at all.

Go get tested because everybody else might not be as lucky as you.

I didn't think you were dismissive, either. It's a great cautionary tale. Among the things we can all do to do our part on suppressing the spread, besides wearing masks and staying out of bars, is to make sure we don't have it ourselves, even a mild case, that we might spread to others.

jakebake91 12-10-2020 08:07 AM

Gonna bring this here instead of drifting the Brodie thread.....

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/st...918688265?s=19

Can we at least pretend to care what's happening in the world? Like seriously guys ...wtf.

ru4por 12-10-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-Ogre (Post 3667451)
This is probably the best place for this.

Just got back from a week in DFW for mandatory recurrent training for work. Copped (with permission) an N95 from the medical side. Wore it 100% of the time in the training center and any other indoor locations other than my hotel room. Definitely got some funny looks from the middle aged dudes with their noses hanging out of their cloth masks but w/e. Normally on something like this, Iíd go hit a bar/restaurant every evening to chill and study. Stuff was still open but I only did takeout. Other than picking up meals and the training center, the only indoor activities I did were a trip to Costco (long story but I ended up on a 6 day trip with only my overnight bag), a trip to a local dg shop, and Best Buy for a couple electronics purchases for the fam. Again, N95 for both all those. I did ditch the mask for a couple rounds of golf, but even on the rounds where I threw in with a couple locals we all kept distance and between that and sunlight/wind dispersion Iím not at all worried. Back in AK now and awaiting results of round 1 of travel testing.

Side note: thereís a couple very solid courses around DFW. The ones I played were nothing that would make a 1000 rated player sweat but for a hack rec player like me totally workable balance of challenge and playability.

Final edit: our workplace is expecting some vaccine availability in the next 2 weeks. Not sure how many there will be but I told em if the FAA signs off on flight crew taking it while still under EUA Iím game.

Great tale, Ogre. Sounds like you were working hard to keep you and your family safe, plus setting an example. How did you find spending time in a N-95?

Hope your tests come back negative.

ru4por 12-10-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3667499)
Gonna bring this here instead of drifting the Brodie thread.....

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/st...918688265?s=19

Can we at least pretend to care what's happening in the world? Like seriously guys ...wtf.

Good call, I have already drifted that thread enough, with this. I don't expect a PSA from these kids, but a shade of purposefully responsibility would be appropriate.

I did write a letter to Discraft, I was pretty irritated with his two VLOGMAS videos, showing mob golf with no consideration to COVID.

To whom it may concern,
Let me begin by saying I am a disc golfer of 35+ years here in SE Michigan. I have ALWAYS been a fan and supporter of the Discraft brand. I could not be more disappointed in watching a recent video of Brodie Smith, that shows blatant disregard for any safe COVID precautions. I am a fan of Brodie and all of your endorsement choices. I think they represent your brand well and Discraft has seemed to take character into consideration when choosing. This video leaves a very bad look for the Discraft name. I am a nurse with considerable time working in COVID units at a local hospital and cannot express my frustration and feelings of being let down by your company. It is my hope that this communication is passed along to an appropriate representative, in the company and taken seriously. My loyalty may not mean much to a company of your size, but I would like to believe that it is something that is valued. If I am this disenfranchised, I don't think I am alone.


And got a quick response. I could not find a great contact email, so I actually emailed the tournament disc ordering customer service address.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. We take all our customer's feedback seriously and I will be forwarding your message to our Team department. As a company we're much smaller than you might think and we value your support and patience.

Thank you, most sincerely, for the work you do on the front lines.

Warm regards,
Melanie
Discraft Inc


I thought that it was a more effective way to communicate, than anonymous attacks via social media. I don't expect any big impact, but I felt it worth the few minutes of my time, to do the right thing. Obviously, this kind of behavior is all over, but I am sincere in my support for Discraft. I am not a fanboy, I don't have any all Discraft bag. But, they have been very important to me, my club and my disc golf journey. They are in my backyard.

robdeforge 12-10-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3667499)
Gonna bring this here instead of drifting the Brodie thread.....

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/st...918688265?s=19

Can we at least pretend to care what's happening in the world? Like seriously guys ...wtf.

nice to see the majority of the reddit comments are calling out this kind of behavior as well - https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...e_celebration/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3667502)
I did write a letter to Discraft, I was pretty irritated with his two VLOGMAS videos, showing mob golf with no consideration to COVID.

that was a great letter to get the point across. i was curious how you phrased it so thank you for sharing!

jakebake91 12-10-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4por (Post 3667502)

I did write a letter to Discraft, I was pretty irritated with his two VLOGMAS videos, showing mob golf with no consideration to COVID.
.

Well I don't think you could have done that any more professionally. Nicely done! Also somewhat (pleasantly) surprised they responded. Would have been easy to just sweep that one under the rug and ignore it. Good on them!


Rant:
Has anyone else started to take this behavior almost personally? I feel stupid for it, but it's true. Like, Ive completely changed my entire life around, skipped time with loved ones, my wife's busting her @ss in the testing clinic and working more OT than she has in a decade, just so some @sshats can pretend like nothing is happening? It's starting to really wear on me. Not just with people like Brodie. Everytime I see some perfectly able bodied individual walk into a gas station or grocery store or wherever without a mask or care in the world, I'm finding myself more and more upset. Feels like I'm being pi$$ed on.

/Rant

ru4por 12-10-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebake91 (Post 3667509)
Well I don't think you could have done that any more professionally. Nicely done! Also somewhat (pleasantly) surprised they responded. Would have been easy to just sweep that one under the rug and ignore it. Good on them!


Rant:
Has anyone else started to take this behavior almost personally? I feel stupid for it, but it's true. Like, Ive completely changed my entire life around, skipped time with loved ones, my wife's busting her @ss in the testing clinic and working more OT than she has in a decade, just so some @sshats can pretend like nothing is happening? It's starting to really wear on me. Not just with people like Brodie. Everytime I see some perfectly able bodied individual walk into a gas station or grocery store or wherever without a mask or care in the world, I'm finding myself more and more upset. Feels like I'm being pi$$ed on.

/Rant

Yeah. The frustration levels can be tough to handle at times. It only gets worse, the longer I have to isolate. I am tired of some of those close to me, telling me I don't understand how hard it is. Going back to work, as a nurse, turned out to be the single hardest thing I have EVER done. It has left an emotional mark that I will likely carry with me forever....and I may have to do it again. Damn, I miss going to concerts, movies, festivals, dinners, sporting events, museums, travel.....things my wife and I do ALL the time.

I do get angry with deniers and inconsiderate f#cks. But, you have to bite the bullet...too many nutjobs to take a stand....and there is a VERY good chance the guy without a mask in Walmart is a nutjob. It is not just you. Sorry for my rant, as well.

McCready 12-10-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehaas (Post 3667422)
By no means am I trying to play it down like "oh it's nothing to worry about". Want to make that absolutely clear.

I know I was lucky, sister and mom are both nurses and both hammered me about getting tested right away. Seriously thought I just had a bit of a cold...my gf calls me a space heater, I'll run in 35 degree temps in a singlet and gloves so this time of year when temps transition for good there's always a sniffle or runny nose or something. Didn't think twice about it.

In reality if it weren't for an upcoming race and family asking about getting tested I don't know if I would've on my own given how I felt. That sounds bad to say, and I'm definitely not a denier...I think it's human nature for us to think we'd be able to tell if we "just didn't feel right". Absolutely not the case at all.

Go get tested because everybody else might not be as lucky as you.

Thatís whatís so weird about the virus. I had an oddly mild bug and I suspect it could have been Covid. I just as easily could have had no symptoms at all. Yet it kills healthy people my age every day.

Monocacy 12-10-2020 09:48 AM

Water polo buddy went to the hospital for what he thought were broken ribs. Turns out it was blood clots in his lungs from COVID. He describes it as "the most painful thing ever" and "it feels like the Alien is going to rip out of your chest with every f$#@!& breath." :eek:

Buddy is severely claustrophobic so when they threatened to put him in an oxygen mask he suddenly started breathing much better. He expects to be sent home soon on blood thinners, mainly because anyone who can survive outside a hospital is being sent home. :|

His advice: "Hope you guys are wearing two masks".

jakebake91 12-10-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monocacy (Post 3667527)
Water polo buddy went to the hospital for what he thought were broken ribs. Turns out it was blood clots in his lungs from COVID. He describes it as "the most painful thing ever" and "it feels like the Alien is going to rip out of your chest with every f$#@!& breath." :eek:

Buddy is severely claustrophobic so when they threatened to put him in an oxygen mask he suddenly started breathing much better. He expects to be sent home soon on blood thinners, mainly because anyone who can survive outside a hospital is being sent home. :|

His advice: "Hope you guys are wearing two masks".

I felt wrong for "nicing" that. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes to your buddy. That absolutely sucks.

DavidSauls 12-10-2020 10:08 AM

My 80-year-old father was hospitalized twice for suspected Covid....turned out it wasn't Covid, either time. The hospitalizations weren't fun.

Just a reminder that it's tough on both sides---thinking you have it when you don't, and thinking you don't when you do.

Broken Shoulder 12-10-2020 10:14 AM

I'm back to wearing an N95 and a cloth mask when I run errands.
I really do not want to be involved in the transmission chain at all....receiving or giving.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.