Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disc Golf Courses (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   3 new Courses coming to Mesa, AZ (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80737)

The Hammer 01-23-2013 03:13 PM

3 new Courses coming to Mesa, AZ

One of the locals here that was responsible for the installation of Greenfield Lakes is at it again. He has 2 projects in the works.

- 2 courses are currently being installed at Red Mountain Park that are being paid for by the city and a $20K grant from Timken Aerospace.

- Fundraising efforts are underway to install baskets at Fiesta Lakes Golf Course. They are looking for people to purchase baskets in exchange for a lifetime membership.

The Hammer 01-23-2013 03:18 PM

If anyone is interested in purchasing a basket, PM me and I will get you contact information. They are asking for $50 down (which will be refunded if the course is cancelled), and the basket costs are expected to be $325-$350. If the course decides, for whatever reason, to pull the baskets, you will get to keep the one you bought.

discgolfkyle 01-23-2013 04:43 PM

This is amazing! I've never played the courses in Mesa. When is the expected date of completion for the Red Mountain courses?

The Hammer 01-23-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discgolfkyle (Post 1806798)
This is amazing! I've never played the courses in Mesa. When is the expected date of completion for the Red Mountain courses?

Estimated completion date right now is end of February.

discgolfkyle 01-23-2013 05:46 PM

That's cool. I wish City of Phoenix or would pay for more courses. Do you know of any other propositions in the valley?

The Hammer 01-23-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discgolfkyle (Post 1806897)
That's cool. I wish City of Phoenix or would pay for more courses. Do you know of any other propositions in the valley?

Yes, but not sure how likely/unlikely it is that they will actually pan out. There is talk of one going in Cave Creek, and a possible pay-to-play in Maryvale.

lion 01-23-2013 08:54 PM

When u say two courses are being installed at Red mountain park, are they each 18 holes or two nine holers or what. It would be awesome if there ready when the memorial takes place. I would love to play them when I'm down. Also I love going to Beer World in Mesa AZ. It's like a win win.

rj29274 01-23-2013 09:07 PM

What is the land like? Any trees? Water?

Sounds GREAT!

Emoney 01-23-2013 09:21 PM

This is great news if it happens

The Hammer 01-23-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion (Post 1807162)
When u say two courses are being installed at Red mountain park, are they each 18 holes or two nine holers or what. It would be awesome if there ready when the memorial takes place. I would love to play them when I'm down. Also I love going to Beer World in Mesa AZ. It's like a win win.

Two 18 hole tracks. Apparently, one will be short and technical, the other will be longer. I checked out the park yesterday. It is pretty big consisting of areas with a lot of trees, a fairly large pond, grassy areas, soccer fields, and wide open desert. I'm not sure where exacty the courses will be in the park, though.