Disc Golf Course Review

Disc Golf Course Review (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discs (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Love for the Gazelle (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66332)

jsc430 06-19-2013 03:17 PM

I've got a lead on a 9.5/10 11x neon yellow 174 rainbow stamp no ink. I don't think i'm gonna buy it. I think i could get it for 60. Considering crazy prices and all, its not a great deal but i'd say its market or even slightly below

Tiny 06-19-2013 03:25 PM

why won't they just make new runs of em... I'm tired of finding cfr glo gazelles because they are cheaper than others lol

jsc430 06-19-2013 04:01 PM

^I don't think they can. For whatever reason....

But still you'd like to see them try like they have from those other fairway drivers.

b-mart 06-19-2013 05:39 PM

So I can guarantee that four of us will be into a Gazelle in a new plastic. PhillyMatt, Eco, Jsc, and me. Not much of a petition, but we're the important ones in the disc golf world anyway. Come on Innova!

As for the pricing on Ebay? It's absurd. I lucked onto a DX Glow for $10 on Buy It Now in May, but that's the only reasonable Buy It Now I've seen. I also got a lot of 5 different Gazelles for $72 a few weeks ago that included a beat circle stamp, 10/10 Star, 9/10 Glow Champ, and 7/10 10x and 11x. I was a bit surprised that lot didn't generate more interest or have a higher reserve than the initial $50. Everything else (except DX) is skyrocketing into obscene territories.

Eco81 06-19-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erthbndr (Post 2045675)
why won't they just make new runs of em... I'm tired of finding cfr glo gazelles because they are cheaper than others lol

^^^^
Disc golf values has CFR glo gazelles for sale right now

Eco81 06-19-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-mart (Post 2045996)
So I can guarantee that four of us will be into a Gazelle in a new plastic. PhillyMatt, Eco, Jsc, and me. Not much of a petition, but we're the important ones in the disc golf world anyway. Come on Innova!

As for the pricing on Ebay? It's absurd. I lucked onto a DX Glow for $10 on Buy It Now in May, but that's the only reasonable Buy It Now I've seen. I also got a lot of 5 different Gazelles for $72 a few weeks ago that included a beat circle stamp, 10/10 Star, 9/10 Glow Champ, and 7/10 10x and 11x. I was a bit surprised that lot didn't generate more interest or have a higher reserve than the initial $50. Everything else (except DX) is skyrocketing into obscene territories.

^^^^^^
I think they might make a run of gazelles and sell them in he pro shop. They made almost every other fairway driver again. 3 different runs of tbirds(brinter, totem and a star bird I think) cheetah, eagle and a stock Tl. The gazelle is next. And Paul Mcbeth said he would like to see it in champ. And at the rate he is winning I don't see why they won't give him another disc or ask him what they should do next

b-mart 06-19-2013 06:58 PM

Yeah I feel like we've been saying that they'll probably do a new run of Gazelles for months now... That tidbit about McBeth is new to me though. Now I'm excited again. I'm pretty well stocked on 11x's right now, but I'd be happy to throw something less rare. As for the Glows on DGV: Anyone throw them yet?

Eco81 06-19-2013 08:04 PM

Everyone was begging for the the tbird variations and other discs. They are running cfr am and pro worlds discs and the new atlas disc. The gazelle will come I just hope it comes before they change or get rid of the jolly rancher plastic

And Throw those 11x gazelles. We all have extra laying around to help a brother out if they need one and discs are meant to be thrown

Eco81 06-19-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsc430 (Post 2045651)
I've got a lead on a 9.5/10 11x neon yellow 174 rainbow stamp no ink. I don't think i'm gonna buy it. I think i could get it for 60. Considering crazy prices and all, its not a great deal but i'd say its market or even slightly below

^^^^
That's not an overly bad deal. Cold be worse

b-mart 06-19-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eco81 (Post 2046163)
Everyone was begging for the the tbird variations and other discs. They are running cfr am and pro worlds discs and the new atlas disc. The gazelle will come I just hope it comes before they change or get rid of the jolly rancher plastic

And Throw those 11x gazelles. We all have extra laying around to help a brother out if they need one and discs are meant to be thrown

Oh I throw them. I have a few Gazelles I won't throw no matter what (10/10 signed 7x, 10/10 field dressed tie dye stamp), but the rest of them are throwers. The only problem is that asphalt is in play on every hole of the course that I live by, and I can't bring myself to beat up an OOP disc that quickly. They get plenty of use everywhere else though.

Eco81 06-19-2013 09:17 PM

You cold always throw old school dx gazelles a the home course and 11x everywhere else

b-mart 06-20-2013 12:56 AM

I usually throw Star or DX on the asphalt course from hell and carry whichever 11x has the best color for whatever other course I'm playing. Which is exactly what you just suggested. So why am I saying this? Because I could talk Gazelles all day. My girlfriend will attest to that, and sound annoyed while she does it.

Eco81 06-20-2013 01:27 PM

I should throw a dx gazelle and break it in to be my turnover fairway driver but I do not have the patience enough or play enough to do that. Maybe my beat glo gazelle could work. Or one of my 11x that has been in the bag for a long time.

Monkeypaws 06-20-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eco81 (Post 2047316)
I should throw a dx gazelle and break it in to be my turnover fairway driver but I do not have the patience enough or play enough to do that. Maybe my beat glo gazelle could work. Or one of my 11x that has been in the bag for a long time.

Mine broke in pretty quickly. Couple rounds on a wooded course and you'll be set.

jsc430 06-20-2013 07:58 PM

yea, those dx beat in VERY quick

b-mart 06-21-2013 08:36 PM

Agreed. I got a DX in a Christmas package and threw it on the aforementioned asphalt course from hell, and was turning it over with no fade in about a week. Part of that was OAT I'm sure, but still. Then I got my first black ace with it and had to retire it. DX Gazelles don't stay in my bag long. One was my first disc, one was my girlfriend's first disc, one was my first black ace... I get too damn sentimental.

captain jack 06-21-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-mart (Post 2046204)
The only problem is that asphalt is in play on every hole of the course that I live by, and I can't bring myself to beat up an OOP disc that quickly. They get plenty of use everywhere else though.

What ? Silverlake ? Paths are OB at Silverlake, you're not supposed to throw on them. http://doberman-chat.com/community/s...ilies/nono.gif

Eco81 06-23-2013 09:01 PM

Got 2 CFR glo gazelles for sale. Check the MP.

b-mart 06-24-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain jack (Post 2049789)
What ? Silverlake ? Paths are OB at Silverlake, you're not supposed to throw on them. http://doberman-chat.com/community/s...ilies/nono.gif

Yeah and I'm supposed to avoid trees, lakes, and people too, but I still manage to find them. I know the path shouldn't be an issue at every hole there, but I've hit it on every hole at least once. Even 4 and 8. Which is incredibly embarrassing.

PhillyMatt 06-28-2013 04:19 PM

bump cuz i'm searching for a post

Tiny 06-28-2013 04:27 PM

I got a 11x kcpro from a buddy for a couple of discs, (roc 3, pearly orc, and d4). It's just as stable as my glo if not more so. I understand everyone's love for the kcpro now. How stable are they brand new?

jsc430 06-28-2013 05:23 PM

^ i got a couple i'm thinking of selling....you wanna find out?

In other news, there is a black mint 11KCP in dg collectors exchange on Fb....trying to find out if its factoy black or dyed.


Only seen one factory black and Philly Matt had it at one time....Kinda mad he didn't offer it to me :sad:

Eco81 06-28-2013 09:36 PM

I have 2 factory black ones. One from Phillymatt and another I picked up along the way. I need to get Facebook and then get someone to let me in to DG collectors exchange

Let me know if you are going t sell an of those gazelles. I might pick one up.

And they are stable new and stay stable for a long time. Long straigh flier. I have had ne in the bag for over a year now and it is starting to ge a little flippy and will hold a slight any line but never fully turns over and always fades nice at the end

captain jack 06-28-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsc430 (Post 2059618)
^ i got a couple i'm thinking of selling....you wanna find out?

In other news, there is a black mint 11KCP in dg collectors exchange on Fb....trying to find out if its factoy black or dyed.


Only seen one factory black and Philly Matt had it at one time....Kinda mad he didn't offer it to me :sad:

My factory black one, on page 4 of this thread, came new from Vegan "the name that shall never be mentioned" Ray. He had a couple if I remember.
Black Champ is the coolest plastic.

Tiny 06-28-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsc430 (Post 2059618)
^ i got a couple i'm thinking of selling....you wanna find out?

In other news, there is a black mint 11KCP in dg collectors exchange on Fb....trying to find out if its factoy black or dyed.


Only seen one factory black and Philly Matt had it at one time....Kinda mad he didn't offer it to me :sad:

yes and no. I would need time to get funds together to make the purchase, I guess pm me so I can start working on it. :D

Feezer813 06-28-2013 11:23 PM

Keep me in mind jsc, always looking for more Gazelles, no ink is cool, 10/10s are preferred.

jsc430 06-29-2013 07:54 AM

Here are the gazelles and one SE Valk I'm considering selling. I finally decided i need throwers. These are worth to much right now for me to put in the bag and i have a bout a half dozen used back ups. I'm also selling to fund a new Grip. I've raised $185 already.I think when it get to $252 I'm putting everything away that's not sold.

I have these up on DGCE on FB. There's some retards there that pay way too much soo yea, I'm trying to get top dollar for these.

Eco and I have done business in the past and he hooked me up last time i bought gazelles from him so I'm inclined to let him have a shoot at one first...7x is gone
Both 11x are Mint. Left is 166; Right is 175
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3758/9...79f01d7e_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7375/9...d9550f93_z.jpg
BRAINWAVES: Valk is 10/10 has some rough flashing, 10x is 9.5/10 only b/c some light storage scratches on the front.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2832/9...f2f9c7b3_z.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5337/9...dc8a2078_z.jpg

PhillyMatt 06-29-2013 08:32 AM

That one on FB is factory too with a red sparkle stamp I think. Thing is sweet

jsc430 06-29-2013 08:35 AM

^ yea its at 65 and i don't think hes gonna sell. Alot of people just showing stuff off...

PhillyMatt 06-29-2013 08:44 AM

Seems the market price on gazelles is through the roof right now.

Did you see those proto gazelles? That blue one.... Oh my

jsc430 06-29-2013 08:49 AM

proto. Yes sexy as hell. I could never own one though. I don't hang them and i could never throw a proto gazelle...sooo

Yes, Gazelles prices are through the roof, esp 11xs

PhillyMatt 06-29-2013 08:58 AM

Maybe I should sell my last thrower

b-mart 07-01-2013 03:12 PM

Hold off on that Philly. One, you still want to throw it. Two, the prices will only continue to rise since it's still the best Gazelle in existence and becoming increasingly difficult to find. I just dropped over $300 into Gazelles in about a month. That netted me a decent collection, an empty wallet, and an annoyed girlfriend. I might post pics at some point, but it got me:

DX Glo
DX Circle Stamp
Star
Two Glo Champ
7x (beat)
7x (10/10 signed)
9x (tie dye)
10x (tie dye)
10x (white)
11x (tie dye)
11x (white w/black)
11x (orange w/white)
11x (bluish green w/white)
11x (yellow w/red)

That on top of what I already had brought me to 22... Most of which are throwers.

Now I'm broke and should sell other discs that I DON'T throw :D.

jsc430 07-01-2013 03:58 PM

^ are you the one that bought the 7x from me above?

Edit: All that was only 300 dollars?

b-mart 07-01-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsc430 (Post 2062803)
^ are you the one that bought the 7x from me above?

Edit: All that was only 300 dollars?

The signed 7x was from the jim ownes on the MP. The beat one was Ebay. And yes, I scored some deals:


DX Glo $10
DX Circle Stamp $14.50
Star $14.50
Two Glo Champ $14.50, $12
7x (beat) $10
7x (10/10 signed) $40
9x (tie dye) $22
10x (tie dye) $14.50
10x (white) $30
11x (tie dye) $28
11x (white w/black) $6
11x (orange w/white) $30
11x (bluish green w/white) $22
11x (yellow w/red) $14.50

The five at $14.50 apiece were as a lot on Ebay. The $6 11x was a trade. Add on $20-30 to the total for Ebay shipping, and you hover right around $300.

AndrewM33 07-04-2013 08:24 PM

Are DX Gazelles good for cycling?

Eco81 07-04-2013 08:30 PM

Yes. Perfect. The break in nice and will start stable and break in nice and then can be used as a turn over disc

jsc430 07-11-2013 08:39 PM

Theres a mint pair of black 11xs with red prism or foil stamp on FB DGCE. 171 and 172,

They won't be cheap but they will be sexy..........forever

b-mart 07-11-2013 08:45 PM

When was the first "x" anyway? I have 7x-11x, and have seen 4x and 6x on Ebay for waaaay too much money. I would love to have one of each on the wall, but that's seeming more and more unrealistic. Anyone know when the earliest one was, and secondly, were any of them skipped? For example, KC won his 5th championship but didn't come out with a Gazelle to commemorate it?

jsc430 07-11-2013 08:49 PM

I beileve there is a gazelle in a championship commemoration disc that is before 4x but don't quote me.


4x is the one you see the most. And by the most i mean these prolly 4 or 5 out there. I have a mint 4x black if interested. Im not couch cruiser.....I would sell at a reasonable price.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.